• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 1 (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

We just had a nightmare 4th quarter, or really the entire second half. We played hard, but we couldn't get anything going on offense. Going forward we have to do better staying in front of Wall. We made life easy for him coming off picks. I hope we see more trapping in Game 2. Also, #FreeMoose, he needs to get some minutes. His energy would be good for us in certain stretches.

• Like 1

I'm not convinced. This was all due to lack of aggressiveness in the 2nd half then the Hawks tried to be more aggressive once they lost the lead...can't do that in the playoffs. I think we ok though.

I'm a bit shocked wall kept hitting that mid range we gave him....guess he proved me wrong but I think he just need to be contested and it won't drop.

Variance in shooting percentage was just bad luck.  We'll be fine.  Wizards aren't going to win a series on fluke shooting in both directions.  We will win this series in 5 or 6.  

Sometimes the underdog gives it everything they have and wins the first game.  We did the same thing against the Bulls in 2011. 

Can't blame the refs...can't keep giving up these huge leads...live by the jumper...die by the jumper...way too much standing around on offense and we got slaughtered on the glass...pitiful second half...if you are a Hawks fan for as long as I have then this ain't nothing new.

Hoping we can turn it around but we have not been right for weeks...extremely worried about this team...

• Like 1

I'm not worried, we good. Bud needs to step it up, though.

Allowing Kyle's ineffectiveness to hurt us so much was one thing, but what the hell were we doing with that high screen and roll? They allowed that same Jarret Jack jumper over and over. I'm hoping the staff was gambling on them missing most of those, but Wall and Beal didn't miss any. If that wasn't the plan, that defense was horrific.

Good teams always find a way to expose Kyle defensively, I agree Baze should've gotten a little more run along with Dennis who attacked the basket way more than Jeff.

We hope for a more sensible officiating crew and get to the line a little more we should still dominate. Their hot shooting won't coincide with our poor shooting like that for another 3 games. F&@kin Drew Gooden, man.

Has any reporter questioned Bud on why Moose doesn't play when we've been at s size and rebounding disadvantage all playoffs? I'd love to hear it. Let's Go.

Bazemore and Scott are not players you play in the playoffs. Our biggest issue is little to no support from the bench outside of Dennis.

Well, Teague and Millsap are not good traditional shooters. Kyle is iffy unless he is wide open for 3's. A complete one trick pony as an offensive player. The bench does suck.

• Like 2

I'm not too worried because I can't imagine them shooting like they did in the 2nd half again

That was tough. Have to be encouraged by the fact that we lost only because we completely bombed in the last quarter. Also, have to be a little worried since this isn't exactly the first time something like this has happened.

Have to wonder if the Wiz benefited from all that rest at the end of the game.