• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So is it a given Tavares comes over next year?

Wurider05

Bringing him over would probably be a good idea. I'm comfortable our "brain trust" will be able to judge whether or not he has the ability to make at least some impact in the NBA (even if he gets D-Leagued). He may be a "diamond in the rough"...it has happened before...but as far as impact this next year I wouldn't count on anything. Using my basketball crystal ball I would say Tavares's chances of doing anything in the NBA about 30%. But 30% ain't bad. My concern is that he may just be a big "goof-ball" out there with the real NBA talent. He may look silly.

• Like 1

While I'll welcome his arrival, we'd still need a borderline starting caliber center added to this roster.

Someone who could slide into the starting lineup, if Horford or Millsap went out with an injury, and the team not miss a beat. No more Pero's and Ayons as emergency starters.

A LEGIT big man.

• Like 1

Hawks need a M Gasol, Moose, Tavares lineup at the 5. With Horf sliding in there from the 4 as needed too.

Edited by hazer

I'd say there's a good chance, unlike Bebe and like Moose, he spent his time overseas trying to become a better player and not just worried about becoming a better NBA player.  Now you're probably saying "but Mace!  Isn't it the point for him to become a better NBA player?!" and I'd answer that first of all, shut the hell up, and second of all, yes, but not while overlooking the current responsibilities sitting before him.  It's like the old "walk before you run" adage, you can't be worried about running marathons before you're able to walk 10 feet without falling on your face.  Take care of that first step and you now open up the possibilities of others, skip that step and you're likely to fail. 

• Like 3

From the Koonen interview yesterday, i do think Walter is in the Hawks thinking for next season. He'll be a part of the Vegas summer league and then the Hawks will go from there. It was clear in the interview that the Hawks had scouts looking at Walter, in person, for a good part of the season. He very well may take Pero's spot on the bench, IMO. 

• Like 2

I think that both he and Patterson is looked at in the summer league. But I also agree with North when he stated that bigger upgrades are needed. We're one of the big boys of the league now, where our every move will be looked at and scrutinized by the NBA analysts and not met with rolled eyes. It's time we do away with looking in the trash bin for players in free agency...

• Like 1

I'd say there's a good chance, unlike Bebe and like Moose, he spent his time overseas trying to become a better player and not just worried about becoming a better NBA player. Now you're probably saying "but Mace! Isn't it the point for him to become a better NBA player?!" and I'd answer that first of all, shut the hell up, and second of all, yes, but not while overlooking the current responsibilities sitting before him. It's like the old "walk before you run" adage, you can't be worried about running marathons before you're able to walk 10 feet without falling on your face. Take care of that first step and you now open up the possibilities of others, skip that step and you're likely to fail.

But Mace! What if you only care about the T-shirt at the end of the marathon and not the marathon itself?

But Mace! What if you only care about the T-shirt at the end of the marathon and not the marathon itself?

First of all, shut the hell up!  Second of all, you can always order one on ebay while your buttocks are firmly planted on your couch.....although funny story, I overheard a conversation in a bar once where apparently there are fitness buffs that go around actually questioning people that wear those "I completed p90X" or whatever marathon or ironman competition T-shirts.  Much like those military retirees that publicly shame people that wear fake uniforms in order to get Starbucks discounts, these guys go around asking questions like "yea, those kegels on day 39 were the worst! amirite?  Ha!  Got you you phoney!  There weren't any kegels on day 39, they were on day 47!  You're a shame to that t-shirt and all those that actually worked hard to earn it!"

First of all, shut the hell up!  Second of all, you can always order one on ebay while your buttocks are firmly planted on your couch.....although funny story, I overheard a conversation in a bar once where apparently there are fitness buffs that go around actually questioning people that wear those "I completed p90X" or whatever marathon or ironman competition T-shirts.  Much like those military retirees that publicly shame people that wear fake uniforms in order to get Starbucks discounts, these guys go around asking questions like "yea, those kegels on day 39 were the worst! amirite?  Ha!  Got you you phoney!  There weren't any kegels on day 39, they were on day 47!  You're a shame to that t-shirt and all those that actually worked hard to earn it!"

F'n posers!  What were we talking about again?  Oh yea, Tavaris.  That dude is tall, so he has that going for him.

• Like 2