• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Great news....we are on Aldridge list!

JTB

It's a long shot but there is a chance:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13145694/portland-trail-blazers-growing-belief-forward-lamarcus-aldridge-leave-team-free-agency

Atlanta also is on Aldridge's list, as he believes he could potentially form a strong frontcourt tandem with Hawks center Al Horford.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 4

I'm not trying to hype any one up but I have a good question....so there's 3 NBA star big men available in free agency Marc Gasol, Lamarcus Aldridge, and now Kevin Love.

We know the Spurs are going to get one of the 3....we know the cavs are probably leaning towards having a more complete team and that Tristan Thompson has made a legit argument in the playoffs that he should be a starter.....last we know the Hawks are now considered real contenders

So with two star bigs left are the Hawks really out of this thing? I mean I would be shocked to see one of them go to a non contender like the Knicks or lakers. I'm starting to feel we may have a goid chance to sign one of them being that we have such a great team already in place...assuming bud doesn't want to resign Sap.

• Premium Member

It is great news to hear top tier players mention the Hawks as a possible destination and not as 'column fodder'.  This may be our first chance to sign a big name free agent since Dikembe.

It will be interesting following these developments over the summer.  music.gif

I would be very happy with Aldridge coming to the Hawks. He certainly provides some size and rebounding. I actually like him more with us than Millsap. 

From that list:

Spurs

Lakers

Knicks

Mavericks

Hawks

If he actually wants to win, the only choices are us and the Spurs.  Don't give me the Mavs.  Other than Dirk and coach Jim Carrey what do they really have?  Are they better than Aldridge's POR teams which hit a ceiling?  Nope.

You almost want a certain forward to end up choosing another team so the Hawks have to go all-out for LMA.

Do you offer Matthews a big 1-yr, prove-it deal to entice LMA?

Definitely a tricky situation, but that's why GMs get paid the big bux.

ETA: Also, there's about 8 LMA threads right now so ... inb4thalockmerge

Edited by kg01

He's a great talent for sure, but he's even more of a finesse player than Sap or Horford. I'm not sure that's a championship move for our team. And that's before factoring in the sacrifices we'd likely have to make to sign him.

Edited by High5
  • Like 1

I'll go further than that, KG. Are any of those teams a contender in the East? Neither the Spurs, Lakers, or even the Blazers can offer up playing in a conference with only three other teams to deal with (Cavs, Bulls, Whiz) as of right now in order to make the Finals. There are no Mavs, Spurs, Rockets, Warriors, Clips, Grizz, or Blazers around to deal with all season long. There is no Anthony Davis or Durant/Westbrook combo waiting for you in the first round. So the odds are better coming out here and praying that the team stays healthy enough for the playoffs.

While winning 55 games would barely get you homecourt in the first round in the West, that same number has you playing Game 7s in your backyard in the East throughout. LMA probably sees this and hopefully Bud and Wes can pitch that as well...

Edited by Dejay
  • Like 1

I'm not trying to hype any one up but I have a good question....so there's 3 NBA star big men available in free agency Marc Gasol, Lamarcus Aldridge, and now Kevin Love.

We know the Spurs are going to get one of the 3....we know the NBA and cavs are probably leaning towards cleveland having a more complete team and that Tristan Thompson has made a legit argument in the playoffs that he should be a starter.....last we know the Hawks are now considered real contenders

So with two star bigs left are the Hawks really out of this thing? I mean I would be shocked to see one of them go to a non contender like the Knicks or lakers. I'm starting to feel we may have a goid chance to sign one of them being that we have such a great team already in place...assuming bud doesn't want to resign Sap.

Corrected that for you..........you know, somehow, cleveland will get a COUPLE top free agents.........lmao.....the nba is soo rigged.......

• Like 1

Impossible. Squawk told me NO ONE WANTS TO COME HERE.music.gif music.gif music.gif

What do we have to offer? A COY? Great ownership? GM with Spurs pedigree? Best record in the East last year? Chance to be the guy and have a chance to win the title?crazy.gif

We no longer have a GM with a Spurs pedigree.  Our new GM has a Cleveland pedigree.

We no longer have a GM with a Spurs pedigree.  Our new GM has a Cleveland pedigree.

I are confused.  Former-Cav GM Danny Ferry isn't here anymore.

Wilcox came from the Cavs.  Ferry came from the Cavs and Spurs.

Ferry was GM for the Cavs.  Ferry shuffled papers for the Spurs.  Wilcox shuffled papers for the Cavs.  Why does Ferry making copies for the Spurs mean more than him sitting in the big seat for the Cavs?

Ferry was GM for the Cavs.  Ferry shuffled papers for the Spurs.  Wilcox shuffled papers for the Cavs.  Why does Ferry making copies for the Spurs mean more than him sitting in the big seat for the Cavs?

I'm not sure what your point is.  GameTime was using the "GM with a Spurs pedigree" as a drawing card.  We don't have a GM with a Spurs pedigree.  I think that's what I said.  Correct me if I'm wrong.