• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Utah really wants Sap back and are willing to trade Favors

NBASupes

• Premium Member

lol, How does this make any sense for them? Favors is just starting to round into form and was already, at 23, just as productive as Millsap last season. They let Millsap walk two years ago for nothing, when they could have kept him for a modest contract and now they want to pay him 18 million at the age of 30? That team is still a couple of years from being a contender anyway, so why trade youth for experience at this stage?

• Like 1

But why would they make a trade?  He's a UFA - just sign him.  If he knows the plan is to send him a back to Utah, why would he sign with the Hawks? (Can they pay him more?)  Sorry if this is dumb question time.  I'd get it if he was a RFA.

Edited by Randy

But why would they make a trade?  He's a UFA - just sign him.  If he knows the plan is to send him a back to Utah, why would he sign with the Hawks? (Can they pay him more?)  Sorry if this is dumb question time.  I'd get it if he was a RFA.

lol, How does this make any sense for them? Favors is just starting to round into form and was already, at 23, just as productive as Millsap last season. They let Millsap walk two years ago for nothing, when they could have kept him for a modest contract and now they want to pay him 18 million at the age of 30? That team is still a couple of years from being a contender anyway, so why trade youth for experience at this stage?

Maybe they wanna sign and sucker trade the Hawks into it........

• Premium Member

Favors gives you better rebounding and rim protection the Hawks would miss Sap's offense and grit. But if he wants to go, let him go to a team he wants to go to and get something decent out of the deal.

• Like 2

• Admin

Favors and Golbert kinda get in each others way and are a little redundant.  They need a midrange guy and Sap next Golbert would be a much better lineup then Favors/Golbert as Sap is more a face the basket while DF is a down low guy.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well, Snyder has inside information.   Favors is one of the guys I would replace Paul with... Only because he's from Atlanta. .. I know silly reasoning.   However, I do like his youth and boards.  BUT... I don't think he would be able to produce like Paul did.

shq.gif

Yea, they can't possibly be that mad that Kaminsky would likely be off the board for them that they are throwing their legos across the room.