• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Official Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

Is it just me or does he looks like a young James Harden. I Think budcox is going too hav a really tough decision to make for spot 15 on the team. Patterson, Robinson, Ashley, and Petteway. I like Robinson only because of need but if we didn't need small forward I would take Patterson. Patterson Poor man James Harden. #TruetoAtlanta

• Like 2

My lame ass missed the game again. Numbers look good: held them to a 13 point quarter, shot 11 more free throws which is huge (thanks to Patterson), and good shooting percentages all around. I told Supes GRIII was gonna drop 20 (in 21 minutes no less) sooner than later and he barely got to the line.

Anybody know when the replay airs?

Edited by benhillboy

Very smooth player that can pick his spots without disrupting the offensive flow. And his high basketball IQ is a plus. I have a feeling he will make this roster and become a contributor off the bench late in the season.

We'll need a trade (which I'm not opposed to) if we want room to add Patterson.

It will be hard to dump Scott with him making 3 million this season.  I would like to keep Robinson and Ashley.  Petteway can shoot but that role is suppose to be for Hardway Jr.  I think Ashley might be better than Moose already, he is just too small to play the 4 and 5 spot like Moose.

• Premium Member

A little too easy, imo, to presume the SL talent will translate quickly to the big stage.

I like every one of these guys that you guys are applauding.

I just don't want to have to depend on a single one of them until next year or later. There's still plenty of development left to occur.

• Premium Member

Who knew a week ago that Edy would be competing for the 5th most talked about player in this thread?

I'm thinking to myself that Ashley is just a couple of made-lay-ups away from being a foremost candidate for a Summer League first team all-star nod. (They do that, don't they?) He's not finishing well overall, but everything else he does is really impressive, imo.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm still on the Grob3 bandwagon. There's just too much there that the Hawks can use next season AND develop for the future. The athleticism, ball-handling, and ability to generate his own offense at the SF spot is too much to pass up. With that said, Pettaway, Ashley, and Patterson have all shown enough to get invited to training camp. It's going to be a competitive training camp.

• Premium Member

Who knew a week ago that Edy would be competing for the 5th most talked about player in this thread?

I'm thinking to myself that Ashley is just a couple of made-lay-ups away from being a foremost candidate for a Summer League first team all-star nod. (They do that, don't they?) He's not finishing well overall, but everything else he does is really impressive, imo.

He's an active body out there that's in continuous motion. He reminds me of Aaron Gordon. He's also shown the ability to stretch the floor which fits right in with what Bud wants. Too bad the Hawks only have one roster spot available. 

Ashley is nowhere near Scott's level, please stop the nonsense about dropping a very good contract in Scott to grab an unproven rookie who is doing OK in against non nba players. Ashley is terrible defensively, by the way.

And I'm on the GR3 bandwagon too. He plays so much more composed than Patterson and Petteway. He is also very sound defensively. Most of the times, he's at the right place and stays in front of his guy, whereas Petteway gambles too much and Patterson is too slow footed.

• Premium Member

With regard to Scott and Ashley, not sure who said that, but that wouldn't be me, DS5. Ashley certainly isn't NBA ready, but he does flash some things that are encouraging. He's not putting on any defensive clinics, but he seems capable enough, and he's certainly a scrapper.