• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hate To Have To Say It So Soon but....

sillent

I am one of the biggest Ferry advocates here and even I know this had nothing to do with Bud. These guys came here on good, SHORT contracts to prove something. They did that and now they are looking to get paid. Bottom line. You would do the same.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I said all season Ferry needed to keep his job and it would be a huge mistake to fire him. I'm not saying he could have sprinkled some magic dust to get DMC and Millsap on the cheap again though.

• Moderators

DMC was a role player before coming to Bud's system ... He can do it again with another role player out there

I wouldn't put too much on Bud.  DMC's biggest statistical jump was in minutes played.  He basically gave you what you would have expected with better shooting.  That will be tough for Bud to replicate at a bargain basement price.  While I really like Bud, you can't expect him to take a marginal player and turn him around like DMC elevated his profile.

Edited by AHF

I don't like speaking in absolutes, but I don't think things would be different right now with Ferry at the helm. DMC would still be out of our price range, Orlando would still be cashing out on Millsap, and the smaller dominoes (or "gems") typically don't fall on the first day of free agency.

I wouldn't put too much on Bud. DMC's biggest statistical jump was in minutes played. He basically gave you what you would have expected with better shooting. That will be tough for Bud to replicate at a bargain basement price. While I really like Bud, you can't expect him to take a marginal player and turn him around like DMC elevated his profile.

Eh not really. Carroll isnt the only 3 and d player chasing big contracts. Hell THJr should be getting to that point either this season or next. What Carroll brought can be replaced. The challenge will be finding a fit chemistry-wise for what we do.

I wouldn't put too much on Bud. DMC's biggest statistical jump was in minutes played. He basically gave you what you would have expected with better shooting. That will be tough for Bud to replicate at a bargain basement price. While I really like Bud, you can't expect him to take a marginal player and turn him around like DMC elevated his profile.

Eh not really. Carroll isnt the only 3 and d player chasing big contracts. Hell THJr should be getting to that point either this season or next. What Carroll brought can be replaced. The challenge will be finding a fit chemistry-wise for what we do.

• Moderators

I wouldn't put too much on Bud.  DMC's biggest statistical jump was in minutes played.  He basically gave you what you would have expected with better shooting.  That will be tough for Bud to replicate at a bargain basement price.  While I really like Bud, you can't expect him to take a marginal player and turn him around like DMC elevated his profile.

If all Bud did was give Demarre more minutes how will that be tough to replicate?    

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't think it would have made a damn bit of difference if Ferry was the GM, as long as DMC wanted that kinda money, he was gone.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

DMC was a role player before coming to Bud's system ... He can do it again with another role player out there

Anyone who watched the Jazz could see DMC was a starter waiting for the right team to notice. I don't know if there's anyone out there at SF that fits that role now in free agency.

This is why Danny Ferry was so valuable. Not to say DeMarre would have stayed or we could get Paul for less but he has shown capabilities of bringing in valuable pieces or gems that don't hurt our team or cap. We still have to see the end results but right now we look a little incompetent or overwhelmed with the way we are going about the moves we are making.

I have been a defender of Ferry, but the bottom line is the two year, low pay contracts have worked against us rather than for us.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This is why Danny Ferry was so valuable. Not to say DeMarre would have stayed or we could get Paul for less but he has shown capabilities of bringing in valuable pieces or gems that don't hurt our team or cap. We still have to see the end results but right now we look a little incompetent or overwhelmed with the way we are going about the moves we are making.

Boo, Hiss and one star thread.

Ferry couldn't get us stars when he was GM.  Remember D12, CP3, Monta, etc?  I remember all the swing and misses committed by Ferry.  Now that Sap is a 2 time allstar, Ferry wouldn't have been able to do any of what you are saying.

\