• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Make Your Predictions: 2015-16 Atlanta Hawks Win/Loss Record

Last season I predicted 52 wins up 14 wins from the previous 38. My reasoning was Al alone was worth 6 wins, the 15 game losing streak when we had when we lost all our bigs etc. I figured we would have won at least 8 of those. The Hawks messed around and won a history making franchise best 60 games.

We'll start the season better than the 5-5 in our first 10,  we won't win 19 straight, we'll finish better than 11-10 in our last 21 from last year.

This season I will predict 56 WINS for our Atlanta Hawks.

Our defense and rebounding should be much improved.  More size in the front court. Al a year removed from injury should be even better. We have more options with our lines ups. We can go:

Small: Schröder, Teague, Korver, Millsap, Horford

Medium: Schröder, Teague, Millsap, Horforf, Splitter

Large: Teague,  Korver,  Millsap, Horford, Splitter

Or so many more combinations.

Let's GO HAWKS!!!

• Premium Member

I predict a 62-20 season.

Everything relies on health.  We're better than last year.  We have bigs.  We have shot blockers and rebounders.   Baze is better. Muscala is better. Thabo is back.  I think the league is in for a rude awakening.

I just hope that we are playoff strong!

• Like 2

Last year I predicted 50 wins and we got 60. This year I think we are built more for the playoffs and care a bit less about the regular season. I think we can win many games in the regular season, but for us it will be about health and proper balance heading into the playoffs. 

Prediction: 54 wins

I say we are a lock to win 50 and very heavy favorites to win the Southeast once again. With good luck in the injury department, we will hang around the 60 we won last year.  

I just hope we are healthy come playoff time and I hope Bud doesn't start resting starters all the time if we clinch early.  I think that took us out of our rhythm last year and I hope he learned from the mistake. 

and I vote Bazemore for our Most Improved Player.  Can't wait to see what he is going to do this year!

Edited by JETSET

I'm going with 53. I think we'll be less consistent without DMC's reliable presence on both ends and Korver maybe not shooting video game percentages. Also, even though this is said every year, I think the East will be tougher. The important thing is staying healthy and our young players improving. Then we can have some fun with matchups in the postseason. 

Bud has tunnel vision on the playoffs this year.  He can navigate this team to 55 regular season wins while optimizing the minutes-reduction, depth-building, and health maintenance concepts that are integral to the goal this year.  

Barring all the freak contact injuries that happened last year at crucial times to Al's finger, Paul's shoulder, and Thabo and Kyle's legs, we should add on 14 playoff wins.  Still can't see anybody beating GS.

I'm going with 52. I can't see fewer than 50, but remember that we needed an unreal middle-season stretch to get to 60 (even though of course we packed it in at the end of the regular season). 

So, 52 wins and we go into the playoffs as I'm guessing the 3rd or 4th seed, healthy and rested. I'll take that all day. 

• Premium Member

So much can happen over the course of a year, but I'll say 45 to 50 wins.  I still see protecting the defensive boards in late game situations and neither Teague or Dennis being able to shoot as issues that will persist this season.

56-26

Horford- Will be a top 10-15 NBA player this year. 

Teague- Will be much improved mentally. Top 10 still. 

Dennis- Will be a 6th man of the year type and will look like a future star. 

Sap- Same Sap, Same success. 

Korver- Will be less effective, it will hurt our efficency. 

Bazemore- Solid but is notiable drop from DMC. 

Tiago- Great pickup, this is the move that will help us a lot in the playoffs. 

Holiday- Has solid 3/D potential but his lack of size limits him to the SG spot. 

Hardaway- Good player off the bench, not sure if he was worth what we paid for but has value nonetheless. Expect him to be in the trade talks sooner than later to upgrade the position. 

Thabo- Vital to our success. He's our most important piece off the bench and will get close to starter mins. 

Edy- Will get PT but not much and will be in the D-League but his ceiling is high. 

Lamar- He will get PT and will be an important piece for the future. 

Mack- Trade bait. 

Moose- 3rd PF/C, don't expect much more than what we got last year. 

Scott- Expect him to play the level he played in his contract year. Expect good to very good offense and shooting. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

Hawks win 58 and finish 1st or 2nd in the east. John Jenkins has  a better season than THJ; Justin Holiday will be stealing his minutes by mid season. Al Horford has the best season in his career; averages 19ppg  9reb  4ast  2blk  1.5stl. His fg% falls to 50%, but scoring avg goes up because of the 3 ball. We represent the east in the finals against OKC . Thabo pulls his groin doing the whip at the club and misses the playoffs; Justin Holiday saves the day and locks down KD in the finals. 

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 4

Hawks win 58 and finish 1st or 2nd in the east. John Jenkins has  a better season than THJ; Justin Holiday will be stealing his minutes by mid season. Al Horford has the best season in his career; averages 19ppg  9reb  4ast  2blk  1.5stl. His fg% falls to 50%, but scoring avg goes up because of the 3 ball. We represent the east in the finals against OKC . Thabo pulls his groin doing the whip at the club and misses the playoffs; Justin Holiday saves the day and locks down KD in the finals. 

I will go out on a limb and say Jenkins will be good 6th man for the Mavs. Like I said, Atlanta needs to be looking to trade THJr if he get to where he's offense is quality by midseason. 

Hawks season last year went like this.

First 10 games: 5 - 5, with that debacle of a game vs the Lakers as the 5th loss. ( 41 win pace )

Next 38 games: 35 - 3, with a 9 game, 5 game, and 19 game winning streaks. That's an all time historic type of pace. ( 75 win pace )

Last 34 games: 20 - 14, with the Hawks going 15 - 12 without Thabo in the lineup. ( 48 win pace )

-----

Barring any 10+ game injuries to Horford, Teague, Millsap, or Korver, we're a lock to win 50 games.  I think we'll be a 60 win team ONLY if Dennis, THJ, and Mike Scott take turns in being 6th man explosive scorers off the bench.

I'm usually toward the middle or low end of predictions, but I'll say that they'll win 56 games.  That won't be enough to get the top seed in the East, but should lock down the #2 spot.  

The East sleeper team is .... Indiana.  With George back and the high scoring Monta Ellis, they're going to resemble a Western Conference team that might give teams in the East problems.

• Premium Member

Difficult to say what our record will be...We appear to be a better Defensive team but our offense looks much worse.  Korver made our offense great last year but he doesn't look the same as he did at the beginning of last year.  If he regains his shooting for then we will be around 60 wins.  If not, we will be closer to 50 wins.  I see Teague and Horford improving and maybe Milsap but Schröder looks worse.  Certainly Splitter is an improvement over Antić and having Thabo back will help a lot but I am worried about our offense.  I don't think that Hardaway or Holiday helps this team at all.  So if I had to guess i'd say 54 wins.

Edited by Peoriabird
typos

I'm going with 52. This is a very good team but they aren't doing a full month winning streak again. 

What is more important is how this team does in the playoffs. And, I think, they are built for a very good to stunning playoff run-

51 win season.

Other predictions for regular season:

1. Lamar Patterson will get more minutes than Mack and slowly will replace him.

2. We will trade either Muscala or Scott before trade deadline. Mack may also be the trade mix.

3. Dennis will perform at same level as last year - no improvements.

4. Holiday will get more minutes than everyone here is predicting. He will surprise lot of folks, and he and Lamar will be candidates for most improved player within the team....of course, comparing with last year's performance for their previous team.

5. Two players will go to all-star game and Bud will be a candidate for coach of the year.