• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CHARLES BARKLEY JUST CRUSHED THE HAWKS....

Hawkmoor

I tend to find Chunk -er- Opinionated Zippy an enjoyable watch.  His doubling-down on the 'Hawks won't be higher than a 5-seed' narrative just smacked of a guy refusing to admit how wrong he was.  He'll hold onto that prediction(sic) until our late playoff run makes him look like a fool.

He bet on the Nix appearing to be a competent team since they added actual NBA-level talent.  What he failed to realize is that they do not have an NBA-level coach and the talent(sic) they added is actually mostly bench-level.  So they went to relying on DLeaguers to start to relying on bench-level players to start.  Sure they'll win 17+ but they sure ain't winning high-40's.  Ol' gamblin' Zippy bet on sMelo and came up .... snake eyes!

Lastly, has there ever been a more unlikeable face than Derek Fisher?  And wtf is up with that fake-a** Furious Styles beard.

The beard is for Mrs. Barnes.  I actually enjoy watching zippy too, I think he's funny as hell but now I can see why he owed Vegas a million bucks. He sucks at predicting and betting on games. Not sure if anyone watched inside the NBA but there is a Kareem Abdul Jabbar special on HBO on Nov 3rd and everyone was telling Kareem stories. Kenny said he was in awe of him and he tried to shake his hand before a game and Kareem denied him...lol.. Then Chuck (or Zippy) said that he went up to talk to Kareem in an all star game in the lockeroom and said "hi Mr. Jabbar", and Kareem was reading a book and just said "I'm reading"....lol...I thought that was pretty funny. Shaq was bustin up and almost spilled his tea.

Charles isn't an idiot.  He was on the money about us relying too much on 3s during the playoffs.

But he does say things for shock value on occasion.  The fact that we have multiple topics on here about the faults of the team or some players, prove that even the fan base has some doubts about how successful we can be.

The defensive rebounding will definitely be an issue in those games when our shots aren't falling.  When we can't score, we need to make sure we're not giving them extra possessions to score.

Hawks aren't missing the playoffs unless we suffer multiple injuries.  Chuck isn't off base as to why we may slip though.  He just likes to troll sometimes.

21 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

The beard is for Mrs. Barnes.  I actually enjoy watching zippy too, I think he's funny as hell but now I can see why he owed Vegas a million bucks. He sucks at predicting and betting on games. Not sure if anyone watched inside the NBA but there is a Kareem Abdul Jabbar special on HBO on Nov 3rd and everyone was telling Kareem stories. Kenny said he was in awe of him and he tried to shake his hand before a game and Kareem denied him...lol.. Then Chuck (or Zippy) said that he went up to talk to Kareem in an all star game in the lockeroom and said "hi Mr. Jabbar", and Kareem was reading a book and just said "I'm reading"....lol...I thought that was pretty funny. Shaq was bustin up and almost spilled his tea.

That is hilarious.  Isaiah Thomas shared a funny Kareem blurb a few weeks ago on the radio.  They were talking about how good Kareem was as a passer.  Thomas said he was in as a rookie against Kareem and he went to double him in the post.  He was so big that he was basically a gnat against him.  As soon as Thomas left his man, Kareem dropped a perfect pass to the guy he left open for a layup.  But just as he let go of the pass, Kareem looked down to Thomas and said calmly, "Oh, was this your man?"

43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I tend to find Chunk -er- Opinionated Zippy an enjoyable watch.  His doubling-down on the 'Hawks won't be higher than a 5-seed' narrative just smacked of a guy refusing to admit how wrong he was.  He'll hold onto that prediction(sic) until our late playoff run makes him look like a fool.

He bet on the Nix appearing to be a competent team since they added actual NBA-level talent.  What he failed to realize is that they do not have an NBA-level coach and the talent(sic) they added is actually mostly bench-level.  So they went to relying on DLeaguers to start to relying on bench-level players to start.  Sure they'll win 17+ but they sure ain't winning high-40's.  Ol' gamblin' Zippy bet on sMelo and came up .... snake eyes!

Lastly, has there ever been a more unlikeable face than Derek Fisher?  And wtf is up with that fake-a** Furious Styles beard.

Haha ... I said last night in chat that he was sporting that Lawrence Fishburne look with that beard.

As for the "Kinks", they really need for Porzingis to rapidly develop into a decent scorer, with Melo playing elite, for the "Kinks" to make the playoffs.

• Admin

Chuck is comic relief and I actually appreciate that he is not afraid to give his true opinion which most broadcasters will not.   No matter how weird or bad.  Its his opinion and its not alone about the Hawks.  We are continually underestimated and it was the same last year.  

I want them to be taken for granted ... the Hawks will just prove the naysayers wrong again and it will also help our guys play with a chip on their shoulders.  

We lost DMC yes but he is not like losing Lebron or Durant.  He is replaceable and it looks like we will do it with committee until someone steps up and takes that role.  Its up for grabs.  DMC wasn't really DMC until just before the all star break last season.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

One year ago, Charles was really on the money with this one:  http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-mavericks/headlines/20141029-charles-barkley-i-think-the-dallas-mavericks-might-be-the-best-team-in-the-western-conference.ece

Former NBA All-Star and current analyst Charles Barkley doesn’t want people to overreact to the Spurs’ 101-100 win over the Dallas Mavericks on Tuesday night.

That’s because he’s high on the Mavericks.

“This Dallas team is going to be in there in the end,” Barkley said on Inside the NBA on TNT after the game.

Earlier in the day, Barkley went even further with his analysis of the Mavericks:

“I think the Western Conference is the toughest I’ve ever seen in the NBA. I think the Dallas Mavericks might be the best team in the Western Conference,” Barkley said on ESPN’s Pardon the Interruption on Tuesday afternoon. “But I think this year — I just don’t see the Spurs repeating. … I think the West is the best it’s ever been.

“I don’t like making preseason predictions, because we haven’t played any games yet, but I tell you what, that Dallas Mavericks team looks great on paper.”

• Like 1

I hate it when C. B. is on the money.  What he is doing is not bashing the Hawks.  He's

giving them reason to try harder, play harder and make him look bad and it works!

If everyone thinks the Hawks are great, they will bask in their greatness and do nothing.

This, however, stirs the competitive spirit and causes them to really excel.

Thank you, you idiot C.B.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cam1218 said:

Screw him, man. I just wish that somebody who works in Atlanta would show a little more respect to our city.

BINGO............... If you wanna know the truth, Barkley has ALWAYS slammed the Hawks. I honestly think he has a thing against Atlanta in general, because he comes from the woods of Alabama and is on some " hate the big city" garbage. Its not our fault that bama doesnt have ANY pro teams, outside of the crimson tide..........lmao

• Like 2

I'm all for locking and deleting this thread.  Our board is too sophisticated and intelligent to even discuss him, let alone have his name in all caps in a thread title.

I never watch any time slot of Inside the NBA and flip any channel that he may have a cameo appearance on quicker than immediately.  You can only grow dumber by listening to him and Shaq.  

On 10/30/2015, 10:59:18, Hawkmoor said:

BINGO............... If you wanna know the truth, Barkley has ALWAYS slammed the Hawks. I honestly think he has a thing against Atlanta in general, because he comes from the woods of Alabama and is on some " hate the big city" garbage. Its not our fault that bama doesnt have ANY pro teams, outside of the crimson tide..........lmao

To be fair I remember him talking fondly about the Braves. I think he was a fan them because of his grandfather. I think he is just biased. He believes undersized, 3pt shooting teams can't win in this league.