• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Kings at Hawks

lethalweapon3

I can count on one hand all the games I expected this team to lose since about January of 2014 (every game against SA and the last two of the Con Finals).  I was totally sold after a blowout of 1st place Indy around that time.  

I foolishly expected them to lose last night.  To freaking George Karl and the one of the absolute dumbest, classless players in the league.  I'm so sorry, please forgive me HS, Bud, The Group, and Stevie K if you're lurking.  The worst 5-game stretch we've seen in a long time will weaken even the staunchest fan.

I think the team has started off rocky frankly because they've been looking forward to Saturday night since the season started.  If they handle Cleveland like they've shown they can, all is well.

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I can count on one hand all the games I expected this team to lose since about January of 2014 (every game against SA and the last two of the Con Finals).  I was totally sold after a blowout of 1st place Indy around that time.  

I foolishly expected them to lose last night.  To freaking George Karl and the one of the absolute dumbest, classless players in the league.  I'm so sorry, please forgive me HS, Bud, The Group, and Stevie K if you're lurking.  The worst 5-game stretch we've seen in a long time will weaken even the staunchest fan.

I think the team has started off rocky frankly because they've been looking forward to Saturday night since the season started.  If they handle Cleveland like they've shown they can, all is well.

Last year they looked rocky at the start but once the rotation settled in they started putting together complete games.   To me this looks the same except we have more new faces and more injuries.  

1 minute ago, JETSET said:

I guess past history plays a part.  Not sure how Boogie gets suspended for that while Teague got a pass for his hit on bjelica (sp?).  

Ask Ron Artest or Zo Mourn

24 minutes ago, JETSET said:

I guess past history plays a part.  Not sure how Boogie gets suspended for that while Teague got a pass for his hit on bjelica (sp?).  

There was clear intent to harm with Cousins' swing.  It was not only an elbow put a missed punch, then elbow.

Teague clearly lost his cool and barely slapped a guy.  Big difference.  I encourage you to take a look at Booker (Utah) getting a 1-game suspension for a slap and compare that to Jeff's incident.  It's night and day.  Teague's was nowhere in the ballpark of warranting a suspension.

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There was clear intent to harm with Cousins' swing.  It was not only an elbow put a missed punch, then elbow.

Teague clearly lost his cool and barely slapped a guy.  Big difference.  I encourage you to take a look at Booker (Utah) getting a 1-game suspension for a slap and compare that to Jeff's incident.  It's night and day.  Teague's was nowhere in the ballpark of warranting a suspension.

I never saw the punch.  I only saw an elbow that looked like it barely connected or barely missed. 

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I only saw the elbow and it looked like it barely connected if it did. 

I was shouting for him to be ejected last night but I would rather see him play tonight because of fantasy reasons.

I like the idea of suspending players for the next regular season game vs the same opponent or - if no other regular season games scheduled vs each other - for the next game vs the 1st opponent not in the same conference like the initial opponent...

• Like 1

• Moderators
21 hours ago, rd79 said:

Oe even better would be: suspensions for the next game - as it is now, but ask the team which was fouled to accept or decline the suspension.

Too much conflict of interest.  What team would agree to suspend Kevin Durant right now and ruin their chances of recruiting him?

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Too much conflict of interest.  What team would agree to suspend Kevin Durant right now and ruin their chances of recruiting him?

It's not about suspend somebody by the team. The player still gets suspended by the league and it only should be declined if the suspension would hurt the victim additionally by giving direct rivals an easier win.

Players who won't sign there later because of that may also doesn't sign contracts because of teams trying to win against them...

• Moderators
On 11/21/2015, 11:45:40, rd79 said:

It's not about suspend somebody by the team. The player still gets suspended by the league and it only should be declined if the suspension would hurt the victim additionally by giving direct rivals an easier win.

Players who won't sign there later because of that may also doesn't sign contracts because of teams trying to win against them...

I think the teams need to stay out of it.  There are just too many conflicts of interest, IMO.  If our young star is becoming an UFA are we going to use our option to "decline" if that player's agent asks us to to service another of his clients?  Etc.  What if our owner is buddies with the other team's owner or our coaches are buddies ala Pop and Bud?  Will they do a favor for the other?  Will they do it to influence another game 

It needs to be a system administered by the league without the involvement of the teams, IMO.