• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

This is the time for our young players to step up

THJ, Muscala, Edy need to step up and take it

For this team, who has a lot of issues that only got one 2nd round pick that means that the coaching staff has faith in these players, now they need to step up and take care of business.

• Premium Member
Just now, Jody23 said:

If the Hawks tried, got to give them credit.  It takes two sides to make a deal and you can't take garbage for your better players.  You just can't.

Get ready for Orlando, Boston and others to offer Horford the max in free agency.  Not sure he'll be interested in them, but they certainly could become his leverage to get a five year max deal out of Atlanta.

I agree but it is a little tiring at times. It seems like the only moves the Hawks seem to be able to pull off are those that save them $$$. There are 2 things I've learned when it comes to the Hawks:

1. There's absolutely no reason to get excited over the Draft. It always ends in frustration.

2. There's absolutely no reason to get excited over "blockbuster" trade rumors if the Hawks are involved in any way.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Get ready for Orlando, Boston and others to offer Horford the max in free agency.  Not sure he'll be interested in them, but they certainly could become his leverage to get a five year max deal out of Atlanta.

I Don't wanna give him the max!!!

lifebuzz-033cf225eee48e00c796ada3edf730d

• Like 1

I don't like that Mack move. That could be a sign for keeping Jeff and Dennis next season... How will you give Dennis minutes to grow when you have a potential All-Star starting and playing them together doesn't seem to work. For me it looks like Hawks will lose Jeff in FA or sink a lot of money and Dennis may walk away because he doesn't feel valued. Worst case, both will sign elsewhere after next season.

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

This is the time for our young players to step up

THJ, Muscala, Edy need to step up and take it

For this team, who has a lot of issues that only got one 2nd round pick that means that the coaching staff has faith in these players, now they need to step up and take care of business.

Two of those three players are scrubs and the coach isn't going to play the other guy this year. So that is that.

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm happy that Horford remains a Hawk but I'm not happy about watching Moose get playoffs minutes.   That's just putting our head in the sand.  

He stepped up big time in the playoffs last yr.  If anything this gives him a chance to get into the rotation and rhythm heading into the playoffs.

Just gotta hope we don't run into a drummond or brook Lopez type of big.

• Moderators
Just now, rd79 said:

I don't like that Mack move. That could be a sign for keeping Jeff and Dennis next season... How will you give Dennis minutes to grow when you have a potential All-Star starting and playing them together doesn't seem to work. For me it looks like will lose Jeff in FA or sink a lot of money and Dennis may walk away because he doesn't feel valued. Worst case, both will sign elsewhere after next season.

We can find a backup PG easy enough.  How many PGs trying to be moved right now?  Jennings, Calderon, Rubio, Lawson, Beverly, Hill

Just now, Sothron said:

more second round picks to either hide overseas or pay cheaply to save the new A$G money.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss....

We'll probably trade our first round pick for to the Spurs for an autographed Duncan jersey.  That way we can save money and Coach  Bud can help out Pop for the 2nd straight summer. Everybody is happy...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rd79 said:

I don't like that Mack move. That could be a sign for keeping Jeff and Dennis next season... How will you give Dennis minutes to grow when you have a potential All-Star starting and playing them together doesn't seem to work. For me it looks like Hawks will lose Jeff in FA or sink a lot of money and Dennis may walk away because he doesn't feel valued. Worst case, both will sign elsewhere after next season.

Just dumb. 2nd round picks are mostly worthless. Especially when Bud is doing the drafting.