• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks suck

gsuteke

Again, please give me details of what Ferry would have done that is different. And he wouldn't have blown it up either.

He would have probably...

Traded for Jeremy Lamb with the '15 1st.

Picked up a bargain bin big man.

Picked up a bargain bin small forward.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gsuteke said:

And it's basically because luol deng has a little African in him.

These are Ferry's players.  You see that African?  He couldn't sign him.  You see Baze he did sign him.   Thabo =Ferry.  If he gets credit for 60, he gets credit for this.

• Like 3

In the medias opinion everyone sucks, that cannot beat GSW or the Cavs, so you may be on to something. Just being my sarcastic self as I really think there are several teams, us included, who are one player away from being able to beat our #1 foe in the East in a seven game series.

If you can make Bron think twice about driving the lane, you can beat the Cavs; but if he is the most bullish player on the floor at just 250lbs, he and the Cavs will own you.

GSW with a physical Draymond Green in the post, Indy back when they had a physical Roy Hibbert in the post,  Dallas with a physical Tyson Chandler in the post. Spurs with a physical Tim Duncan in the post. All these teams gave the Cavs and Heat as much as they could handle.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HawkItus said:

These are Ferry's players.  You see that African?  He couldn't sign him.  You see Baze he did sign him.   Thabo =Ferry.  If he gets credit for 60, he gets credit for this.

But it's so much easier to not understand things and blurt out whatever you feel!

26 minutes ago, hawksfanatic said:

But it's so much easier to not understand things and blurt out whatever you feel!

Honestly, he think key free agents are easy to sign. They aren't. 

I am all for adding Dwight Howard to this core with Horford and Sap. Replacing Bazemore in the starting five is another need. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Ferry benefitted by getting fired after the 60 win season. He isn't around to take the blame for the blown 1st round draft picks, free agency failures, and the fact this team is comprised of mostly NBDL level players.  Now some of that is on Bud too for his poor offseason, but it's a culmination of poor team management over the past few years (I'm lookin' at you Ferry) that's led to this team's lack of talent and toughness.

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Ferry benefitted by getting fired after the 60 win season. He isn't around to take the blame for the blown 1st round draft picks, free agency failures, and the fact this team is comprised of mostly NBDL level players.  Now some of that is on Bud too for his poor offseason, but it's a culmination of poor team management over the past few years (I'm lookin' at you Ferry) that's led to this team's lack of talent and toughness.

Ferry was also praised for keeping and signing players like Teague, Korver, and Sap while also drafting Dennis. He also signed Carroll who was a steal as well. No one hits 100% of the time in the draft or free agancy.

Its easy to just pick out the bad things; but there is a awefull lot of good that he did as well. The Cavs are gettable, one good player away,  by a lot more teams than just ours. GSW is as well; but they are a notch above the Cavs in most everyones opinion.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, he think key free agents are easy to sign. They aren't. 

I am all for adding Dwight Howard to this core with Horford and Sap. Replacing Bazemore in the starting five is another need. 

That's why they are just a few top notch GMs

35 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Ferry was also praised for keeping and signing players like Teague, Korver, and Sap while also drafting Dennis. He also signed Carroll who was a steal as well. No one hits 100% of the time in the draft or free agancy.

Its easy to just pick out the bad things; but there is a awefull lot of good that he did as well. The Cavs are gettable, one good player away,  by a lot more teams than just ours. GSW is as well; but they are a notch above the Cavs in most everyones opinion.

But was the 35 games of greatness just a fluke, like what everyone was saying last season?

38 - 44

60 - 22 ... ( 27 - 20 if you take out the great 35 game stretch )

31 - 25

Without that 35 game stretch, the Hawks are 96 - 89 the past 3 years.  Injuries have played a big part in that record, but you are what your record says you are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hawkman said:

Only bad 1st rd pick DF made was John Jenkins. But he found Mike Scott in rd 2..