• Raised $390 of $700 target

CViv: Hawks and JJ may have mutual interest in reunion

Diesel

22 minutes ago, hazer said:
1 minute ago, RWF said:

Make both units good:

Schröder/Thabo/Johnson/Millsap/Horford

Teague/Korver/Bazemore/Scott/Muscala

Ice-Teague/Shredder, Threezus/Blaze, JJ/Sef, Trillsap/Great Scott, Bawse/Moose-Edy. That's ECFs...

I can live with Scott; but, we have to get Muscala out of the rotation.

9 minutes ago, swolehawk2 said:

I can live with Scott; but, we have to get Muscala out of the rotation.

I can live with getting Muscala out of the rotation too. I'm fine with cutting him to make room for JJ, and throwing Edy into the 2nd string fire...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I was intentionally being a jerk. I do think its misguided though to bring him in without also trying to address the back up center position. We have 1 open roster spot and have watched the most serviceable bigs get scooped up. I'm just a little bit cynical when it comes to our franchise making any additions at this point let alone any addition that would actually help us improve.

I don't think you get Budball.  Budball rule number 4080...  Shooters are better than rebounders.

You line up Horf, JJ, Sap, Korver, and Dennis/Teague on the 3 point line, Somebody gots to hit something.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Mdizzle5 said:

It's probably already been said but I think he'll end up going to whichever team he feels that he has the best chance of winning a ring with.

I think this is probably the least thing unless GS comes calling.   Joe is not going to make Cleveland or OKC a championship team.  Not as long as the Warriors are still playing.   What Joe would do is sign with a team that has no fight for PT at the position he wants to play and enough say to resign next year.  That's us.  The only thing that would take him to Cleveland is his friendship with Lebron.

But why go to Cleveland and be a seldom used Richard Jefferson II... when you can come back to Atlanta and be something like the man.  Which of those moves will get you a deal next year?

Moreover, Joe has to know that coming here may mean winning a ECF!  I'll say it...

With JJ, we can beat the Cavs.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think this is probably the least thing unless GS comes calling.   Joe is not going to make Cleveland or OKC a championship team.  Not as long as the Warriors are still playing.   What Joe would do is sign with a team that has no fight for PT at the position he wants to play and enough say to resign next year.  That's us.  The only thing that would take him to Cleveland is his friendship with Lebron.

But why go to Cleveland and be a seldom used Richard Jefferson II... when you can come back to Atlanta and be something like the man.  Which of those moves will get you a deal next year?

Moreover, Joe has to know that coming here may mean winning a ECF!  I'll say it...

Considering last time Joe faced off with lebron in the playoffs he averaged like 25-5-5 on 48% shooting, I would say he would def help our chances.

23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

Considering last time Joe faced off with lebron in the playoffs, he averaged like 25-5-5 on 48% shooting, I would say he would def help our chances.

JJ would help, but we can't beat the Cavs with our current bench bigs.  

10 hours ago, Diesel said:

I guess I missed it.   However, Joe will be bought out.  With our lack of a SF and the need for Depth, it would make sense for us to make a play for Joe and give him a test drive to see what he can do in Budball.  I think he's a good fit for this system as long as he's part of the ball movement.

When has Joe ever been a part of "ball movement"?

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, swolehawk2 said:

JJ would help, but we can't beat the Cavs with our current bench bigs.  

I don't think the bigs will mean that much if our shooting is effective.    Cleveland has forgotten about their bigs anyway.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, ATLiott said:

When has Joe ever been a part of "ball movement"?

Phoenix... he was our leading Assister when he was here.   Point is that we called him Iso Joe because Woody made him the focal point of the offense especially at the end of games.  However, he was so much of a passer at Phoenix in an offense similar to what we run that people marked him as a possible PG.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Phoenix... he was our leading Assister when he was here.   Point is that we called him Iso Joe because Woody made him the focal point of the offense especially at the end of games.  However, he was so much of a passer at Phoenix in an offense similar to what we run that people marked him as a possible PG.

Why is it so difficult for people to process this?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

The fans booed JJ mercilessly whenever he came back here for reasons unknown. It would be hard to not take that personal. I'd be REALLY surprised if he came back.

I think the biggest obstacle would be coming back to a place where he was the A-1, all-star, leader and probably got the star treatment organizationally.  But now he'd just be one of the guys.  He's be below Teague in the pecking order now which, for him, would probably be weird.  That'd have to be a humbling experience to walk back into.  Al and Teague would have to spearhead an effort to get him since they're basically the only ones that were here back then.