No moral victories

sturt

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, sturt said:

Really, really disappointed in the GSW loss. Call me crazy, but I just saw us walking out of there with the win, under the circumstances.

It's really hard to beat a good team at home.   It's even harder to beat a great team at home.  We just lost to what may go down as the best team in basketball history at home.

Not claiming a moral victory...  However, I will say that I think Bud's lineups are starting to get some traction.  I was happy watching us play in the 3rd.  I'm starting to believe that we do play good defense.

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

If we played like this and it was Curry out there, then I would agree but as it stands, this lost is embarrassing and our offense is horrible. 

Oh give me a break. There is nothing embarrassing about it at all.

7 hours ago, JSmooooove said:

Why is it that no matter the sport Atlanta can never hit a ridiculous clutch  shot like that at the end of games. Not even a normal clutch shot.

I knew that BS was going in right when he launched it. 

Which is why they shouldve begged Joe to come back:

isojoe.gif

596372_o.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sturt said:

Really, really disappointed in the GSW loss. Call me crazy, but I just saw us walking out of there with the win, under the circumstances.

This lost wasnt on the players. The NBA insured Golden State won this.  It soo blatantly fake.  I lost track of the bad calls the refs made.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Which is why they shouldve begged Joe to come back:

isojoe.gif

596372_o.gif

Yeah, we should've made him sign ... you know, since it wasn't up to him.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

It's really hard to beat a good team at home.   It's even harder to beat a great team at home.  We just lost to what may go down as the best team in basketball history at home.

Not claiming a moral victory...  However, I will say that I think Bud's lineups are starting to get some traction.  I was happy watching us play in the 3rd.  I'm starting to believe that we do play good defense.

Hawks are undersized.  This falls directly on the front office. Golden State had a barbecue in the paint. Its frustrating because the Hawks have pieces. Bogut wasnt even jumping. Just standing there and grabbing rebounds.  Bud has ALREADY said he signed Hump because of his outside shooting, so , you KNOW he aint coming in to get rebounds. 

Edited by Hawkmoor

This was no moral victory, they don't count and help you make the playoffs.  If we weren't losing games to the NYKs, Suns, TWolves, Bucks, etc. this would be easier to stomach.  This just plain ole sucks. No clutch gene on this team.

• Moderators

If I had watched the game i'd be pretty bummed but honestly we aren't as good as GS even without Curry.   But that's ok.  They're in the west and all i care about is winning the east this year.   Still frustrating that Sap can't seem to hit a winning shot.     Where was Teague?

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If I had watched the game i'd be pretty bummed but honestly we aren't as good as GS even without Curry.   But that's ok.  They're in the west and all i care about is winning the east this year.   Still frustrating that Sap can't seem to hit a winning shot.     Where was Teague?

Head up ass. (I didn't watch game so I'm ASSuming)

8 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Kevin Martin just got bought out, the Hawks are listed as one of the teams interested.  Spurs are considered to be favorites to get him.

Isn't it too late for him to be eligible for the playoffs now?

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I never want to see Millsap raise up for another game-winning/tying shot.  Not ever again.

Teague didn't have it late so Budz turned the game over to Dennis and rightfully so.  The problem is Dennis got winded.  Budz has to manage that better.  It's happened twice now where Dennis was the clear choice but faded late.  It's ok to sprinkle Teague in to spell Dennis in those cases.

And can folks STOP CALLING THAT GREEN SHOT "CLUTCH"!?!?!   That was a blind, turnaround, heave of a prayer that luckily went in.  I'm sorry but I will never root for that guy for a second of a minute of a quarter of any game he ever plays.  He has now bumped LeighBorn off my list of hated players.  At least Jaemes is actually talented independent of the team around him.  I live for the day Green gets his own team and is the #1 option so he can be exposed as the hustle guy he really is.

@Watchman IIUC as long as he was released by midnight yesterday he's eligible for playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Isn't it too late for him to be eligible for the playoffs now?

Realgm stated he was bough out before the deadline, so I don't know why it is just being reported now.