• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No way the NBA is gonna let anybody but Cleveland come out of the East.

Hawkmoor

35 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Spurs have HOF who get respect. If you don't have one, forget about it.

Which is why my FAVORITE sport is baseball. Quick, off the top of your head, name ONE member of the 2015 Kansas City Royals World Championship team.  Out of all the major sports, baseball is the one that i believe is fully above board.   Its harder to even fix a baseball game because the only subjective calls are the balls and strikes.  Its hard for a umpire to be fix a game because the strike zone is consistent between both teams. If not, you will know about it.  Everything else in baseball is instant replay.  The NFL might be worst than the NBA.  They can call holding, pass interference, no catch, etc. at THEIR whim.

It doesnt matter if you are small market, or big market, in major league baseball, EVERY team has the opportunity to succeed. I watched MORE of the 2 win Braves win over Miami yesterday, than the Hawks playoff game, because i know the NBA is tainted and corrupt.  From the league front office, to the owners, down to the team front offices. Its a SHOW, nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 3

Man I been saying this all year long. Unless lebron gets hurt no one in the east will beat him. His team chemistry flaws will show up in the finals like they normally do but throughout the east lebron will not be stopped....the refs and the NBA front office has his back!...atleast through the east. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Man I been saying this all year long. Unless lebron gets hurt no one in the east will beat him. His team chemistry flaws will show up in the finals like they normally do but throughout the east lebron will not be stopped....the refs and the NBA front office has his back!...atleast through the east. 

Exactly. Oh, they got BEER to sell, so they will let the Pistons win one . The NBA playoffs is notorious for those SEVEN game playoff series. Hey, got commercials to sell.  They gonna dispose of the Pistons fast so that Cleveland is well rested for the 6 or 7 games they milk out of the series against Atlanta....Then, the NBA will milk out as much as they can against i think Miami. I dont even know the brackets because i already know Cleveland already got a spot.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Which is why my FAVORITE sport is baseball.

Yeah but baseball has no cap which means any team can buy a championship (<cough>Yankees<cough>).   That bothers me even more .  Either way the star treatment with Lebron specifically is horrible, and I feel like it only gets magnified in the playoffs.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Yeah but baseball has no cap which means any team can buy a championship (<cough>Yankees<cough>).   That bothers me even more .  Either way the star treatment with Lebron specifically is horrible, and I feel like it only gets magnified in the playoffs.

The thing is, money cant buy a championship.  The Yankees and Dodgers keep proving that. The Royals proved that with their current championship.  The way baseball is designed, a team can trade a player right when he is up for a big contract.  Also, they will RENT a player just to get over the top in a pennant race. ( Royals renting their top pitcher last year).   The Royals were middle of the pack in payroll last season.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Seen enough to know already that the ECF is going to be Miami vs Cleveland and it's pretty sad it takes a grand total of....one game to do it.

You can already read the storylines by the media:

1. Lebron returns to Miami to face his former team.

2. Can Pat Riley and the Heat disrupt Lebron's chance for a championship in Cleveland.

3. Numerous other storylines consisting of the above.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

You can already read the storylines by the media:

1. Lebron returns to Miami to face his former team.

2. Can Pat Riley and the Heat disrupt Lebron's chance for a championship in Cleveland.

3. Numerous other storylines consisting of the above.

It's not even that I think the NBA is completely set up. I just think with the lack of big name stars in the east (atleast being on good teams in the east)...the NBA doesn't seem to care if the games are fairly called between  lebron vs east opponents. But say durant comes to Atlanta next year or Boston and somehow the Bulls and Knicks become good teams in the east (somehow)....then I believe we would see more fair games involving lebron and east opponents.

see I don't think the NBA cares who wins the NBA championship necessarily... as long as it's big name star vs big name star or even who gets to the NBA championship as long as it's big name star vs big name star in the conference finals.

• Like 1

On another note.....

THE ONLY WAY THE HAWKS CAN BEAT LEBRON IS WITH THE 3BALL.

If we get to round 2 don't be shocked if bud tells them to chunk it away vs the cavs like he did in his first year against the Pacers. That strategy almost worked too and knowing we aren't going to out physical lebron that may be our only option since the refs could care less about any of our players.....not making excuses but it's the truth.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

havent the royals been copying wha the braves did many years ago - thier model, - I keep reading that

Sorta.  The major difference is after the Braves got their pitching and defense in place, they DID spend money on a big free agent when needed.  The Royals dont appear to want to keep a big salary long term like the Braves were willing to do with Maddux, Glavine, etc.

53 minutes ago, JTB said:

It's not even that I think the NBA is completely set up. I just think with the lack of big name stars in the east (atleast being on good teams in the east)...the NBA doesn't seem to care if the games are fairly called between  lebron vs east opponents. But say durant comes to Atlanta next year or Boston and somehow the Bulls and Knicks become good teams in the east (somehow)....then I believe we would see more fair games involving lebron and east opponents.

see I don't think the NBA cares who wins the NBA championship necessarily... as long as it's big name star vs big name star or even who gets to the NBA championship as long as it's big name star vs big name star in the conference finals.

Thats true, BUT, i think Lebron still would get calls even if Durant was in the East. I agree that its about wanting  "superstars" to be in the big games, but i also see that Lebron gets calls even against other stars.  Its the Jordan thing. You couldnt touch Jordan when he played. Lebron is in that category.

• Like 1

The highlight of this NBA season to me will be when  Lebron gets his ass handed to him by the Warriors.  At one time I had no dislike of James but it is now painfully obvious he elbows the crap out of everyone and totally gets away with it.  I don't consider him quite as great as most do because a lot of players game would improve if they could use their elbows freely anytime.

Edited by Trout7
  • Like 2