• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With Whiz, Jeff! Ask for One With Whiz!

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

The rumor includes a wing coming in the trade in addition to Noel.  There are plenty of minutes for Sap, Horf, and Noel and we really do need him.   I like Humphries but it's 31 years old and hasn't been a major contributor to a team in 5 years.    He's also not really a center and we already have a short center.   Noel is young, cheap, improving.   Hell outside of the Horford he'll be the highest draft pick on the whole team.   Not that that means anything necessarily but it's not a negative.  

@macdaddy That's my thought. If the option is having 2 31 year old backups (Hump and Splitter) with one having injury concerns to back up Noel and Sap as opposed to having 1 22yr old and 1 31year old (Hump) to back up Al and Sap, I'll take one old guy and 1 young guy as back ups.

I would prefer Jerami Grant than Staukus.

24 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

In honor of @Diesel's favorite big man, I'm on the hunt for some sawft pretzels 'n mustard!

~lw3

I "like" this! Who says we need a "like" button...

i guess its only a click tho :-/

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

If we did this deal do you guys and gal think it would mean the end of Horford here?

I don't ....I think it was dumb Jeff Schultz reported that he thinks AL isn't going to be resigned if this deal goes through.

i don't see bud rebuilding but I do see him retooling which makes this deal make sense. Dennis, Noel, Covington, Stauskus, Hardaway, Scott, Bazemore would be the future while learning from Horford, millsap, korver, Thabo I think it's smart as hell to make this deal.

• Like 1

That move would make the Hawks prolly the best defensive team allround. Teague wasnt always on board on D. Hinrich is always doing his best there. Noel would also deter for many more stretches Lebron's growing inside presence. Still would need allot of scoring on the wings. Durant you need to be here.

Dennis

Baze

Durant

Millsapp

Noel

Cuz IMO Al prolly leaves...

Dennis

Korver

???

Millsap

Horford 

Noel

Thabo 

Splitter 

Or 

Dennis

Korver 

Gallinari 

Horford 

Noel

Thabo 

Hield

OR 

Dennis

Korver

Durant

Millsap

Noel

Thabo

Splitter 

Edited by NBASupes

Just now, Wurider05 said:

No way we do this deal to put Noel on the bench. Milsap or Horford is gone.

What sense does that make though? You can't give up sap or Horford. Sap is our best scorer followed by Teague who would be traded in this deal and then AL. Horford and Sap just lead us to 6th in defense. Noel will be groomed to take over.

you all act like Noel has some kind of max deal or something and just absolutely need to start when in reality he's on a rookie contract and it will be great for him to learn with some actual veteran BIGS since he's never got the opportunity to do so.

• Like 3

Thing is, signing Al is being like marrying a cool chick who starts adding allot weight the last year before the marriage and demanding a brand new 10k kitchen. I have held Al in high esteem and defended him allot on here, but he was defenitly below par for the last quarter of the season. Max is to much for what he brings these days and would set the table for years to come. I think Al is an anker player and would love to see him here still. Im fine either way, but I could understand management.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JTB said:

What sense does that make though? You can't give up sap or Horford. Sap is our best scorer followed by Teague who would be traded in this deal and then AL. Horford and Sap just lead us to 6th in defense. Noel will be groomed to take over.

you all act like Noel has some kind of max deal or something and just absolutely need to start when in reality he's on a rookie contract and it will be great for him to learn with some actual veteran BIGS since he's never got the opportunity to do so.

Well he's been a starter on the worst team in nba history.   why wouldn't he expect to start on any team in the nba:blink:

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah, in existing terms  for this deal to happen the onus is more on Philly to make it match up front than us. NBA front office guidelines are real for most teams at least. For us there would be a whole lot of quality with Al, Sap and Noel covering most of the C and PF minutes. Offense coming off the bench with Scott. Defense and screens off the bench with Tiago if we don't trade him. This would take a lot of pressure off of the timeline on Edy's development for the distant future as well.   

Ummm this deal should be done no question...that shouldn't be up for debate. Now in talking about horford I understand the back and forth. Thing is I would love to still have him on the team next year with sap to help bring Noel along but not for the price that it's going to cost us. That to me is the only real quarrel here, pay him max money and give him a long term deal or move on and try to use those assets elsewhere 

3 minutes ago, jy23 said:

Ummm this deal should be done no question...that shouldn't be up for debate. Now in talking about horford I understand the back and forth. Thing is I would love to still have him on the team next year with sap to help bring Noel along but not for the price that it's going to cost us. That to me is the only real quarrel here, pay him max money and give him a long term deal or move on and try to use those assets elsewhere 

I hear ya but this is ATL ....free agency don't normally pay off here. So just resign al to a 3 year contract similar to sap. That gives budcox time to add another big to go with Noel fir the future .

• Moderators

I'm a step or two slow today, but did someone post this already, re: Jeffrey's contract?

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-timing-is-crucial-for-trade-kickers/

A number of NBA players have trade kickers in their contracts – bonuses up to 15 percent of the players’ remaining salary.

Timing, however, is crucial in determining whether or not a kicker actually kicks. When a player is traded with a bonus, the additional salary is averaged out over his contract, excluding any player or team option years.

For instance, Atlanta Hawks guard Jeff Teague is due $800,000 if he’s traded. Dealt before July, Teague’s salary would actually jump to $8.4 million for both the completed 2015-16 season and the 2016-17 campaign.

That’s a significant caveat; even if a trade happens as late as June, the player’s salary for the previous season, on paper, is impacted by the bonus.

Should Atlanta move Teague next season, which officially starts in July, the entire bonus will raise his 2016-17 salary to $8.8 million.

I'm still trying to compute whether that means the theoretical deal should/could/would happen in June (pre-draft/post-draft) or after July 1.

~lw3