• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE NBA FREE AGENCY THREAD

Just now, NekiEcko said:

But what teams does he want to go to?  Since everybody spend money on FA except for a few.

If Riley doing a mini-fire sale, how much for Justice?

Does Mavs have cap still? They stay desperate.

Justice would be who they keep if they rebuild.

Dragic would probably be the 1st to be moved.

1 minute ago, RWF said:

Does Mavs have cap still? They stay desperate.

Justice would be who they keep if they rebuild.

Dragic would probably be the 1st to be moved.

Hey, man can dream right?

But what about trying for Westbrook?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

But what teams does he want to go to?  Since everybody spend money on FA except for a few.

If Riley doing a mini-fire sale, how much for Justice?

I think I'd rather get Josh Richardson.  We need a SG.  Justice and Josh are probably off the table though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Can't afford both of them under the cap. Not without shipping out Splitter, which isn't smart unless we have another backup C lined up, and we wont get one as good as Splitter for the $8.5M he is owed this year.

Split-hipper is worth every penny of $8.5 million the way salaries have skyrocketed.

32 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Jimmy Butler even closer to being traded on a sweet deal and we got nothing to negotiate with.  F&@k.

Butler going to SF. They just traded their starting SF to CLE. Butler has been a starting SF before. Rondo AND Butler were the ones who recruited Wade.

Edited by BigDog90

18 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Lmao.. Sir Charles said Durant is cheating his way to a ring.. Man I luv Barkley and his straight forward mouth..

And he's right.

Warriors have shown they can win without Durant, West, or any other future ring chaser. But now, Durant will try to put his face on any future championship they win, like he was the reason.

He's as much of a ring chaser as Ray Allen coming out of retirement.

And the funny thing is, if he stayed, Horford would have come over. Westbrook/Oladipo/Durant/Horford/Adams would have had a great chance.

Durant's legacy is = to buying a ring off eBay.

Edited by RWF

6 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Butler going to SF. They just traded their starting SF to CLE. Butler has been a starting SF before. Rondo AND Butler were the ones who recruited Wade.

That's crazy.  I know he played the 3 when all he was asked to do was defend but now he's a pure 2, arguably the best going.  GarPax makes more questionable moves than BudCox.

• Like 1

This is a very interesting Free Agency. 

Some big FAs signings I really didn't expect:

• Horford to Boston (4xAllStar, franchise player)
  • Howard to Hawks (8xAll Star, 3 DPOY)
  • Durant to Warriors (MVP, 7xAll Star, 4x scoring champ and franchise player)
  • Wade to Miami (12xAllStar, Finals MVP & franchise player)

And the funny thing is, the one who not really belongs in this group ist the one who left his team because he was upset he didn't got a max offer...
Somehow I'm really glad Al is gone (although I liked him,,,)

Edited by rd79

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, RWF said:

Could Mavs go back on their trade (since nothing has been official yet) for Bogut to sign Whiteside?

That would then cause GS not to be able to afford Durant.

No.. they can't do that according to the rules.  However, it's funny.  A player can change his mind but a team cannot. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

That team makes very little sense.  Coach get fired by the deadline is my guess.   Gar Foreman has landed his Ocre and the city of Chicago is celebrating him, but its going to be hard for a coach to match the skill of Rondo with the playing style of Wade and Butler.  3 guys who do better with the ball in their hands. 

IF.. they can come together, Chicago will have enough pieces to put together a worthy run. 

• Like 1