• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks agree to terms with Bazemore 4 years 70 mIllion

NBASupes

It does look like Al might be on the move, BUT, there is still a way to keep him if we really want him.

Moving Splitter gets us to around $10m in space.

Releasing Scott would then get us to 13.33m. That might actually be close enough for the starting salary for Baze's contract. And it not, then -

Moving Thabo would give us $17.33m in cap space, which would definitely still allow us to keep Baze and Horford both.

That is a lot of money for Baze. I just hope this doesn't screw our chances of re-signing Horf. Hawks may need to move some contracts and cut some players which should be easy to do. Hawks are clearly not rebuilding with the Howard and Baze signing. So time for this team to quit being cheap and get Horf back even if it mean the max.

5 minutes ago, HorfordMustang said:

Time for ownership to dip into the tax and show a commitment.

DS/Baze/Sap/Al/Dwight starting lineup, oh my goodness!  That's 1a and 1b with the cavs as the most talented starting 5 in the east.

That lineup lacks scoring. Dipping into the tax would make no sense whatsoever from a  basketball perspective. 

8 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

I just dont understand how bazemore could possibly be worth 70million...

He was offered more from Rockets and Lakers but took $2mill less to stay with Hawks. Do you understand that?

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1