• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks free practice (Oct 1)

thecampster

Hey all. The Hawks are holding an open practice on the 1st. I've attended more than 1/2 of these in the last 10 years, but I've never met any of my fellow squawkers. I was wondering if any of you are planning to go and if perhaps the squawkers wanted to meet at a time/place inside and perhaps sit together/meet.  Respond here if interested and we'll make soft plans.

• Moderators
19 hours ago, thecampster said:

Hey all. The Hawks are holding an open practice on the 1st. I've attended more than 1/2 of these in the last 10 years, but I've never met any of my fellow squawkers. I was wondering if any of you are planning to go and if perhaps the squawkers wanted to meet at a time/place inside and perhaps sit together/meet.  Respond here if interested and we'll make soft plans.

Where is that practice?

2 hours ago, Jeffery123 said:

I am on my way!!!  We are going to play for the championship this year.  Yeah I said it!

Great attitude. We are certainly better constructed for an ECF battle now. We will be able to calm Thompson's ridiculous numbers on the boards down and reduce LeBron's success in the paint. Looking forward to how that plays out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

You guys know it's on Facebook Live right now, right?

Thanks. So far Edy can't do anything against Humph. Hoping to see him do something well.  Also Bembry and Prince really get up and down the court well and finish.

• Premium Member

Thought Edy showed up in a big way when all was said and done. He denied at least one lob to Dwight and defended the rim well. Funny to see Dwight dwarfed on a basketball court, too. Occurred to me that Dwight's arrival, and that Edy will be regularly facing off with him in practice, really should benefit his development in a big way. Truthfully, I thought Edy got the best of Dwight last season when I saw us play in Houston. He doesn't back down in the least.

Otherwise, I thought THjr and Delaney asserted themselves well, as did Moose.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, sturt said:

Occurred to me that Dwight's arrival, and that Edy will be regularly facing off with him in practice, really should benefit his development in a big way.

Great point and hope it rings true for us. He should at least start some fast breaks for us.

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Moose with the top knot ... Ugh

Funny stuff, cap.

Actually, I like it, tho. Kinda distinguishes him... you know, otherwise, all those big white guys look alike. (*wink*)

was trying to post the Hawks first practice that was live on Facebook .....anyways 

-not too bad from what I've seen as it looks like they never practiced together at all as it should be since training camp just started 

-main problems i noticed were all the damn low passes to Howard when he had good position on the block...geeesshhh how long has it been since we had an actual strong center! ....our guys don't know how to feed the beast just yet but that's ok.

-Howard looked ok but he clearly took it easy and only decided to be aggressive on certain plays but that's ok we don't want him hurting anyone on our bench lol

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1