• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Barkley: "Atlanta is not going to make the playoffs"

GameTime

2 hours ago, Mdizzle5 said:

62 wins though? Yea... I still don't see it without a legit first option on offense. Not as of now anyways. 

Who was our legit first option two years ago when we won 60? Our team concept should have proven by now that they don't need a traditional "first option." It's nice to know that when one or more players are struggling, we have other options to pick up the slack. Such as this game when Dwight and Baze didn't have it going on offense. Did that hurt us? Not in the slightest because we had other starters playing well and a couple of bench guys stepping up.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Who was our legit first option two years ago when we won 60? Our team concept should have proven by now that they don't need a traditional "first option." It's nice to know that when one or more players are struggling, we have other options to pick up the slack. Such as this game when Dwight and Baze didn't have it going on offense. Did that hurt us? Not in the slightest because we had other starters playing well and a couple of bench guys stepping up.

You hold on to two years ago when the Hawks took everyone by surprise with a new game plan. Teams know our style. Team style is great but to say we don't need a legit go to guy is silly, IMO.  

Sure, we'll make the playoffs but I still don't see a championship level squad right now.  Having someone that dominates the boards is a step in the right direction though. 

Edited by Mdizzle5

3 minutes ago, Mdizzle5 said:

You hold on to two years ago when the Hawks took everyone by surprise with a new game plan. Teams know our style. Team style is great but to say we don't need a legit go to guy is silly, IMO.  

Sure, we'll make the playoffs but I still don't see a championship level squad right now.  Having someone that dominates the boards is a step in the right direction though. 

We were debating about 62 wins. I hope you realize you just moved the goalposts from that discussion to discussing winning a championship in mid-debate. 

Also, teams know our style? If that's true, then my reponse is OK, and? Teams also know San Antonio's "style" since it's a similar style -- team basketball with a movement offense. Also, our "style" is different with Dwight, so how do teams know our style so well now? Another thing, it doesn't matter if they do know our style, if executed properly with the correct players, the question becomes can they stop it? First option or not, if the scheme is executed properly consistently with the correct players, the answer is no.

Now the question we have to find out over this season and the post season is do we have the correct players and will they be able to execute our system consistently enough. We're about to find out.

9 hours ago, Mdizzle5 said:

That team hat won 60 excutEd extremely specially the starting five. But talent wise, they are much better now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

Should everyone with a twitter account just troll Barkley, posting his video after every Hawks win during the season?

I like it.

Get on it all you tweety birds.

2 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Should everyone with a twitter account just troll Barkley, posting his video after every Hawks win during the season?

Sent my first tweet. unfortunately , Charles doesn't have an official account , so I had to tweet to @NBAonTNT.  Hope they like hearing from the fans.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Sent my first tweet. unfortunately , Charles doesn't have an official account , so I had to tweet to @NBAonTNT.  Hope they like hearing from the fans.

I imagine Charles not having an account is very much by design.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, RandomFan said:

We were debating about 62 wins. I hope you realize you just moved the goalposts from that discussion to discussing winning a championship in mid-debate. 

Also, teams know our style? If that's true, then my reponse is OK, and? Teams also know San Antonio's "style" since it's a similar style -- team basketball with a movement offense. Also, our "style" is different with Dwight, so how do teams know our style so well now? Another thing, it doesn't matter if they do know our style, if executed properly with the correct players, the question becomes can they stop it? First option or not, if the scheme is executed properly consistently with the correct players, the answer is no.

Now the question we have to find out over this season and the post season is do we have the correct players and will they be able to execute our system consistently enough. We're about to find out.

Did I move them?  Not my intention if it seems so, I don't feel that I did.  I meant it all in one. I don't see winning 62 or winning a championship. Mid 50s? I can see that happening. I'm not saying 62 is IMPOSSIBLE, I just feel it's unlikely.  

The Spurs example still isn't a great comparison. We play a similar way to them as does GSW and Boston. We aren't as talented as SA  (mainly because Kawhi) and Pop is still a superior coach by a good margin.. We aren't as talented as GSW. Boston though, I don't buy the whole them having the best shot of beating Cleveland narrative with Horford BS. But I digress. 

Have we improved as a team? In some ways yes. In some no. But not enough for 62 wins. If I'm wrong, I'll accept it but just don't see it.  I also, realize that they still haven't fully gelled. 

I agree with Spud though. Regular season win total doesn't matter when the playoffs begin. But my outlook is even more bleak there. 

Set your expectations lower and you won't be disappointed... As easily. My life mantra. Lol

33 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I imagine Charles not having an account is very much by design.

Probably right but it's not 'cause he's a-feared of interacting with fans.  It's 'cause he probably can't work a computer/device.