• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dominique is an awful broadcaster

bleachkit

10 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Most other announce teams are absolutely clueless about us, especially when it comes to our bench players.  Nique at least knows who we are playing, and can sometimes give analysis on their game, even when he's making fun of them.

But like you said, if some of the people dissing Nique had League Pass, they'll see how decent Nique is, compared to others.  Brevin Knight in Memphis is one of the best color commentators in the NBA, IMO.

Dang man, I wanted to get in before the NorthCyde flame toss.

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

giphy.gif

~jvd

Winning

I might brang back that slacks and a wife-beater -er- tanktop look.

42 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

First off folks...color analyst doesn't refer to their skin....had to let my gf know that :-|

@cam1218 is right, I had this same discussion back n forth with @TheNorthCydeRises just last year. I've learned to love Nique as a broadcaster. Obviously he knows bball, no denying that. But his delivery is bad imo a lot of the time.

Now, I do have league pass living in Cali and have had it for 15 years legally...lol...I mean ummm...ya...ok so my fav color guys are:

1. Tommy Heinsohn. He is not judgemental whatsoever and respects players that come from other cultures very much. He loves Zaza for example.

2. Stacey King. He is one of the best ones out there because of his experience in leading the Bulls to a championship. Having him as the centerpiece was vital in the Bulls early 90's championships.He is super bright and not biased of the Bulls.

3. Austin Carr. Eloquent speaker and smooth transition from one tops c to another. He also isn't biased to the Cavs.

4. Mike Smith of the Clipps. He was a straight out baller out of Compton California, as physical as they came. Gave the league fitz as a player and now he's giving us great NBA knowledge with his Biiiiiiingggooooo partner.

By the way, I don't currently have the green font that I needed for my #1-4 favorite color guys. Lol.

Gold.  You left out the Houston broadcasters.  Choice listenin'.

• Moderators

I wanna add that one of the best young color analysts I've heard in recent years has been under our tent for awhile now. (Go Dragons! btw) What has Malik Rose been up to lately? Quietest Bball Ops director ever! I'd love for him to Duane Ferrell a game or two when Nique needs a break.

~lw3

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I wanna add that one of the best young color analysts I've heard in recent years has been under our tent for awhile now. (Go Dragons! btw) What has Malik Rose been up to lately? Quietest Bball Ops director ever! I'd love for him to Duane Ferrell a game or two when Nique needs a break.

~lw3

I like Malik. Didn't he do Suxers games last year? Also, Duane Ferrell is the man!

Edited by Spud2Nique

1 minute ago, swanlee said:

I don't really care if Nique is technically not a great announcer. I REALLY enjoy the homer aspect of our broadcasts I like Nique's emotion to this franchise and just in general I love the duo of Bob and Nique and how they present our games.  I'm an ATL sports fan and sometimes I just want happy homers rooting for us since we never get any national recognition.

Whenever the Hawks are playing a national game and we get non local announcers it is horrible and I either fall asleep or get angry.

Hahaha...2 different sides of the spectrum lol...awesome.

Being a homer doesn't automatically mean uninformed or someone didn't do any homework on the opposing teams roster. Since Clyde was brought up and apparently has become a good announcer I want to use him as an example. When he did the Hawks broadcasts a good ways back he was uninformed and pretty much uninterested in the Hawks. It was not a good season to listen to a broadcast of the Hawks. I'd rather listen to the opposite. Nique and Bob are homers but do seem well informed to me at least most of the time. Have seen Bob even do college football games before and he is pretty good.    

• Like 1

Dominique is very bad. He can't get names or even proper tense of words right "He have fourteen points!" He's the last of the Gearon lackeys left on the ship. 

But he cried and got his statue, so all is well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

I never understood a fan disliking homerism  for his supposed team.   That's like saying your mom gives you too much credit.   Its supposed to work like that.  

I agree to an extent. I only really cringe when they ignore the replay evidence and stick with whatever pro-Hawks stance they had before. Like that Dwight "block" against Houston. It was a sick block, but they showed McDaniels getting smacked in the face about 20 times and still scoffed at the idea of a foul being called. That's more Bob than Nique, though. Nique is much more likely to admit the Hawks "got away with one." Nique's main homerism is when he crucifies an opposing player for something and then won't comment when a Hawk does something worse right after.

Edited by High5
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Bob and Nique are a really good announcing team, just try and listen to other NBA games and you will quickly realize how good we have it.

BIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGOOOOOO!!!-Ralphie Lawler

16 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I'm sorry but he is terrible as a broadcaster. He literally says the same things over and over. Every time someone on the opposing team misses a shot he says, "that's a bad shot." Just because they missed the shot does not mean it was a bad shot. I know he is a hawk legend, but I wish both him and Rathbun could be replaced.

I totally agree with you I think that a lot of time Dominique Wilkins jinx us man always saying that's the dagger and then a team always comes back and make the game closer than what it should be he's terrible

• Moderators

Automatic Chatroom sips, everytime Nique:

* "TABS" (That's a Bad Shot)

* "NAGS" (Not a Good Shot)

* Craps on a subpar opposing player who promptly goes OFF

* "Oh, now, you know, you can't leave Kyle open like that!" (sip twice when Kyle clanks the 3)

* (Up 4 with 3 minutes left) "That's a dagger. This game's over!"

~lw3

• Like 4