• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dominique is an awful broadcaster

bleachkit

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

SAutomatic Chatroom sips, everytime Nique:

* "TABS" (That's a Bad Shot)

* "NAGS" (Not a Good Shot)

* Craps on a subpar opposing player who promptly goes OFF

* "Oh, now, you know, you can't leave Kyle open like that!" (sip twice when Kyle clanks the 3)

* (Up 4 with 3 minutes left) "That's a dagger. This game's over!"

~lw3

Alcohol poisoning here we come.  Can't forget one for the fake laughter and awkward pause after Bob sets him up to respond to a joke.  

I had great respect for Ferry imploring him to work on his craft or challenging the statue.  Right or wrong (right), you shouldn't pussyfoot around with people, regardless if they're a local legend who whoops tailors' asses in public.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Automatic Chatroom sips, everytime Nique:

* "TABS" (That's a Bad Shot)

* "NAGS" (Not a Good Shot)

* Craps on a subpar opposing player who promptly goes OFF

* "Oh, now, you know, you can't leave Kyle open like that!" (sip twice when Kyle clanks the 3)

* (Up 4 with 3 minutes left) "That's a dagger. This game's over!"

~lw3

We need need a 'sip' gif or emoticon.

Careful what we wish for or we may end up with a Jon Barry type. Maybe someone more Hawk indifferent than that if possible. Some of his ok recent comments don't change his overall historic dislike of us. 

• Like 2

Used to think Stinger was too warm and fuzzy and had that constant giggle but he really did improve a lot back then and is much more detail oriented in his analysis as a color anchor. Would be a very good color commentator at courtside nowadays. 

• Like 2

Give me a homer that is in the HOF and was easily the best player the Hawks ever had. listening to the games with Nique is like being home. Nique is the Hawks and if you were growing up in the ATL in the 80's and 90's just having him talk about the past and now and his passion for the team makes it a joy ot listen to.

I'm a Hawks fan I'm an ATL sports fan we get beat up all over the country or just get flat out ignored I want a HOMER broadcasting our games that is ridiculously enthusiastic about the team. I don't watch these games to be depressed or bored or angry I want a guy that has a history with the team that is a fan of the team announcing the games.

• Like 4

The local broadcast with MLB/NBA are always homers. I bet it is with the NHL too.

Let's not start trying to turn NBA into the NFL. If we try, the bad reffing is going to follow and we're going to see 3.5-4 hour games due to free throws and their announcing isn't all that great either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Smitty is on NBA TV? I don't get that on my cable lineup despite requesting it every year. What does he do on there?

He's one of their studio analysts.  Does a solid job as does Dennis Scott.

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Thanks for letting me know guys. Does anyone know if he is exclusive just to NBA TV or can he also call local games if he wanted or was asked?

He probably could.  All the TNT guys have been on NBATV postgame in the same analyst role from time to time including your personal favorite Chuck Broccoli.