• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dominique is an awful broadcaster

bleachkit

I'm sorry but he is terrible as a broadcaster. He literally says the same things over and over. Every time someone on the opposing team misses a shot he says, "that's a bad shot." Just because they missed the shot does not mean it was a bad shot. I know he is a hawk legend, but I wish both him and Rathbun could be replaced.

• Like 4

• Moderators

I do wanna give Bob AND Nique props for an ANALYSIS-FILLED job working together on college hoops last weekend, when UGA played Clemson. That was a pleasant surprise.  I was like, "Wait... who gave Nique talking points???" But, really he was good! You'll have to take my word for it.

~lw3

1 minute ago, cam1218 said:

We get this thread a couple of times a year, you aren't the only one who feels this way. I think Bob does a good job though. He's definitely a homer but if you've heard him call other sports you would realize how well he does with the Hawks. 

I also lived out of state and had to deal with League Pass when you didn't have the option to chose the home or away broadcast (I think Comcast still only does one broadcast--in SD). There were some brutal nights listening to us with another broadcasting team. It's slim pickings out there..

Most other announce teams are absolutely clueless about us, especially when it comes to our bench players.  Nique at least knows who we are playing, and can sometimes give analysis on their game, even when he's making fun of them.

But like you said, if some of the people dissing Nique had League Pass, they'll see how decent Nique is, compared to others.  Brevin Knight in Memphis is one of the best color commentators in the NBA, IMO.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I do have league pass and I purposely don't listen to the Hawk broadcast because I can't deal with the homerism of Bob and Nique. The other team's broadcast crew is bias too and often times dismissive of the Hawks but it doesn't last too long since they usually end up losing the game.  That's when I enjoy it the most!...By the way my favorite color guy is Clyde Frasier of the Knicks!

• Like 2

Yeah, this topic has been discussed thoroughly over the years.  I've conditioned myself to tune him out for the most part.  

Logging into the chat room more often has helped me with that a great deal.  Thanks to all the regulars.  

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

That's when I enjoy it the most!...By the way my favorite color guy is Clyde Frasier of the Knicks!

Straight out of Old 4th Ward!

Nique does get repetitive, but I always appreciate how well he handles those stat nimbers.

Edited by Resslemania
  • Like 2

First off folks...color analyst doesn't refer to their skin....had to let my gf know that :-|

@cam1218 is right, I had this same discussion back n forth with @TheNorthCydeRises just last year. I've learned to love Nique as a broadcaster. Obviously he knows bball, no denying that. But his delivery is bad imo a lot of the time.

Now, I do have league pass living in Cali and have had it for 15 years legally...lol...I mean ummm...ya...ok so my fav color guys are:

1. Tommy Heinsohn. He is not judgemental whatsoever and respects players that come from other cultures very much. He loves Zaza for example.

2. Stacey King. He is one of the best ones out there because of his experience in leading the Bulls to a championship. Having him as the centerpiece was vital in the Bulls early 90's championships.He is super bright and not biased of the Bulls.

3. Austin Carr. Eloquent speaker and smooth transition from one tops c to another. He also isn't biased to the Cavs.

4. Mike Smith of the Clipps. He was a straight out baller out of Compton California, as physical as they came. Gave the league fitz as a player and now he's giving us great NBA knowledge with his Biiiiiiingggooooo partner.

By the way, I don't currently have the green font that I needed for my #1-4 favorite color guys. Lol.

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Tommy Heinsohn and Stacey King choices have to be some type of joke right?  I can't stand either!

You need to read my entire post lol...yes I hate all 4 I mentioned. Basically the opposite of everything I said lol

40 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

First off folks...color analyst doesn't refer to their skin....had to let my gf know that :-|

@cam1218 is right, I had this same discussion back n forth with @TheNorthCydeRises just last year. I've learned to love Nique as a broadcaster. Obviously he knows bball, no denying that. But his delivery is bad imo a lot of the time.

Now, I do have league pass living in Cali and have had it for 15 years legally...lol...I mean ummm...ya...ok so my fav color guys are:

1. Tommy Heinsohn. He is not judgemental whatsoever and respects players that come from other cultures very much. He loves Zaza for example.

2. Stacey King. He is one of the best ones out there because of his experience in leading the Bulls to a championship. Having him as the centerpiece was vital in the Bulls early 90's championships.He is super bright and not biased of the Bulls.

3. Austin Carr. Eloquent speaker and smooth transition from one tops c to another. He also isn't biased to the Cavs.

4. Mike Smith of the Clipps. He was a straight out baller out of Compton California, as physical as they came. Gave the league fitz as a player and now he's giving us great NBA knowledge with his Biiiiiiingggooooo partner.

By the way, I don't currently have the green font that I needed for my #1-4 favorite color guys. Lol.

Sarcasm is divine. And I do believe every basketball person outside of Boston intensely dislikes the "Tommy". 

2 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

I never understood a fan disliking homerism  for his supposed team.   That's like saying your mom gives you too much credit.   Its supposed to work like that.  

Haha that's awesome. I never really thought about it like that. Good point.