• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Magic at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Safely in 9th place, dare we hope for a win tonight?  Being off before tonight

and again after tonight, we wonder, what will we do?

Who will play and who sits? 

Will the Hawks be excited or will they sleepwalk?

:applause:

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Kent’s own confidence in his offense will improve if he’s focused on execution as he was coached, instead of acting in anticipation of poor results.

That would explain and help quite a bit. Heres hoping Bud sees clearly what you have seen. Confidence is so fickle in any sport it seems.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Who will play and who sits? 

With Baze becoming available that is the million dollar question tonight and moving forward. Liked the rotation the last three games even though Prince didn't play nearly as much as I thought he would. Two wins out of three games was nice. I'll happily take that percentage the rest of the way. 

Skip BazeLess is bak?!

Fozzie F

ETA: I'm steppin' up my gif game for tha Hawks, btw.  I'm stuck outta town agan so I'll be Hol'd up with tha Holman.

Edited by kg01

@lethalweapon3 Always leaves me wanting more.

The Baze breakdown was awesome:

Bazemore’s shot mechanics may be hampered by the anticipation that he’s going to miss the field goal attempt. Kent has seven offensive rebounds in his last five games (five O-Rebs in the prior 17 games).  In four of those recent games, at least one of his offensive rebounds came from following his own shot.

Those missed shots ranged from 2 to 24 feet,

Baze is missing from all over...damn.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@lethalweapon3 Always leaves me wanting more.

The Baze breakdown was awesome:

Baze is missing from all over...damn.

One more set of tidbits since I was just peeking at his shot chart. Since November 18 (loss at Charlotte), Baze (31.8 FG% overall) is 0-for-20 on threes shot from the LEFT side of the court, and 6-for-19 on 2FGs outside the paint. His percentages were far better on the RIGHT side, but he took fewer total shots on that side of the floor (10-for-23 3FGs, 3-for-12 out-of-paint 2FGs). One hotspot area for him was the full free throw circle (8-for-10 2FGs).

~lw3

shotchart.png

• Like 2

Awesome thread as usual lw3!!! Is it just me or is Orlando consistently out to screw us. I understand division foes and all but they wouldn't let us even entertain a trade for Dwight like 5 years ago then they snatch up Sabonis. I dunno, whatever I guess.

We gotta build on this small 2 game win streak. We are favored by 8.5. I think we nail the Magic tonight.

Hawks 109

Magic 91

They aren't ready for us. Not tonight. We are angry and hungry. Ok I'm both of those things but Hawks could be as well.

Keep ya head up, ORL.  Help is on tha way ...

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/cool-story-magic-ceo-predicts-championship-by-2030/

"I certainly believe by 2030 we will have won at least one championship," Martins said. "And I say 'at least.' I firmly believe we're going to get there and once you get there, you got the kind of team that hopefully can come back.:"

"I believe we will have won a championship."

What?

lol, whut?  Did he mean 2013?

13 minutes ago, Dnice said:

70 points allowed what an  embarrassment..... do they care?

You mean 72 points.

21 assists to 10 for the Hawks. Orlando had 2 TOs.

Too many bloody Turnovers (Dwight had 3 of the worst ones...eeew) - he's playing well otherwise. 

Bench outscored.

Baze :angry2: - that Fournier tie up and turnover had me roflmao.

Kyle with the most minutes of the wing group, smh.

O fast break points