• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

It was an ugly game to watch but at least they won

Dennis and Dwight were great tonight. Dennis kept us in it when nobody else could buy a basket. Dwight was all over the glass and hit some big free throws

Big shots from Kyle and Thabo.

Its hard to even get excited about this win. Glad they were able to scrap it out but as a few have already mentioned, they barely won and that's with Melo kicked out the game, Rose thinking he was the same guy that won the MVP, and that late tech on Hornacek. 

I have no idea which version of the Hawks will show up next game

And  Porzingis is a joy to watch. That kid can flat out ball. Its a damn shame that he has no one on that team that will get him the ball.  There was a stretch , well many stretches, where that kid didn't even touch the ball despite him having a matchup advantage. I know the rumor a few years ago is that the Hawks made him a promise but he pulled out of the draft at the last minute .  Crazy to think just how nice our future would be if we had him, Dennis, and Prince going forward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Melo tried taking out Thabo like the NYPD. Wow.

Still too soon.

46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It never fails to amaze me how little this team looks to Dwight. He gets great position so many times down the court but we'd rather have the ENTIRE TEAM EXCEPT DENNIS toss up brick after brick after brick. All of that horrible shooting rather than simply TRY to get Dwight going in the middle.

I am glad we won but this is a disgrace. Dwight had an insanely great game again and doesn't get hardly any looks or touches DESPITE the ENTIRE TEAM playing like three day old dog crap. Unreal.

Preach it, and hell, even post about it on your new Xmas cell phone. This man speaks The Troof. 

And I know I shouldn't keep bringing him up, but seriously, when was the last time Alice even sniffed 20 rebounds??? Dwight makes it looks so easy. Had several games like that this year, and tonight he had five rebounds in the first 3 minutes. Sheesh. Getting all tingly just thinking about it...

34 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

It was an ugly game to watch but at least they won

Yeah, very ugly. I was at the game and it didn't look any better from there either.

speaking of ugly, two things about Milsap: his past two games have been just that:ugly. I give him a pass though, specifically because ... His face is f'ing ugly. Did yall see it? Maybe they werent allowed to show it as much on t.v. because of young audiences or whatever, but from a few rows back I could see the horror pretty clearly. He got that elbow in the eye so bad he looked like a black version of Sloth from The Goonies. Or like Glen from The Walking Dead after his date with Lucille. Damn, I don't blame Sap for missing all those shots, his eyes don't point in the same direction now, so give the man a damn break. I'm surprised he can make his way from the locker room to the court.

oh, and it was funny seeing all the Knicks fans get so upset about losing this one. They were complaining about all the bad calls, which in my eyes seemed to go both ways, but whatever, we had Bazemore playing extended minutes so we had our own handicaps on top of bad officiating. 

Gooooo Hawks! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

Still too soon.

Preach it, and hell, even post about it on your new Xmas cell phone. This man speaks The Troof. 

And I know I shouldn't keep bringing him up, but seriously, when was the last time Alice even sniffed 20 rebounds??? Dwight makes it looks so easy. Had several games like that this year, and tonight he had five rebounds in the first 3 minutes. Sheesh. Getting all tingly just thinking about it...

Yeah, very ugly. I was at the game and it didn't look any better from there either.

speaking of ugly, two things about Milsap: his past two games have been just that:ugly. I give him a pass though, specifically because ... His face is f'ing ugly. Did yall see it? Maybe they werent allowed to show it as much on t.v. because of young audiences or whatever, but from a few rows back I could see the horror pretty clearly. He got that elbow in the eye so bad he looked like a black version of Sloth from The Goonies. Or like Glen from The Walking Dead after his date with Lucille. Damn, I don't blame Sap for missing all those shots, his eyes don't point in the same direction now, so give the man a damn break. I'm surprised he can make his way from the locker room to the court.

oh, and it was funny seeing all the Knicks fans get so upset about losing this one. They were complaining about all the bad calls, which in my eyes seemed to go both ways, but whatever, we had Bazemore playing extended minutes so we had our own handicaps on top of bad officiating. 

Gooooo Hawks! 

No, they kept showing that eye and Bawb kept commenting every single time  (actually from the first time he came on court) he was at the freethrow line. Like the game, that eye was ugly. And he got hit a couple time on it during the game. Looked painful.

Sloth from the Goonies was the perfect description for that thing (shivers). 

5 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

Still too soon.

Gooooo Hawks! 

So much win in this post.  Sloth from the Goonies, tho?  el-oh-el

The last time wHorford got 20 rebs?  How many games can I count together?

Seeing the Nix fans whining about calls just warms my cockles.

Lastly, can we trade Kyle already?  I'm sure many contenders would take him for a 1st and a young player, no?  Cut bait a year early rather than pay him and realize it's a colossal mistake.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The refs did not want to review the Melo fist, was just going to issue a double tech, smh.

{I see Bud is still rotating captains.}

Well at least he's doing something off the court to help this team because he is still a struggle to watch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

And  Porzingis is a joy to watch. That kid can flat out ball. Its a damn shame that he has no one on that team that will get him the ball.  There was a stretch , well many stretches, where that kid didn't even touch the ball despite him having a matchup advantage.

Rose anyone? Loves driving into traffic much more than making the correct pass and gaining an assist. Great athlete but still one of the duller knives in the drawer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Well at least he's doing something off the court to help this team because he is still a struggle to watch.

Heh.  You're being kind, sir.

Next you'll be telling us DelaneySucks is only slightly over his head as an NBA player.

Speaking of which, can we never see DelaneySucks, Kyle and Muscala on the floor together again please?  Please?!?

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heh.  You're being kind, sir.

Next you'll be telling us DelaneySucks is only slightly over his head as an NBA player.

Speaking of which, can we never see DelaneySucks, Kyle and Muscala on the floor together again please?  Please?!?

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Rose anyone? Loves driving into traffic much more than making the correct pass and gaining an assist. Great athlete but still one of the duller knives in the drawer.

LOL - knife through the heart.

12 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Should count as an assist on Baze's stat line.

Cold Blooded @Thomas

3 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

That lineup is straight poo poo.

It is indeed a poo-poo platter.  Add in Mr. Kardashian (who looks totally lost most times) and it's just .... sigh, we need a trade(s).

18 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yep, He totally missed Dennis trying to guard Zinger and dribbled baseline.  Dennis jumped him and forced the turnover.  Awesome play there.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep, He totally missed Dennis trying to guard Zinger and dribbled baseline.  Dennis jumped him and forced the turnover.  Awesome play there.

Delaney, Baze, KK, Moose and Hump - that's an 'eye-covering lineup'

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Delaney, Baze, KK, Moose and Hump - that's an 'eye-covering lineup'

ZOMG, did you jus' quoted yourself from the future?