• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

hawkman

22 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Yes sir! Basketball is beautiful and easy when you share the ball and trust your teammates..a cliche no doubt but also very true.

There is this great scene in the movie Concussion where the Doc's girlfriend(wife) is watching Football for the first time and says something like "when you get past the violence, it is really quite beautiful". I love pure basketball. I hate superstars and 30 pt / game players. I like do it all players. Players that can pass, see the opening before it happens. When basketball is played like its drawn on the erase board, it is truly beautiful.  

It was for this reason, when I was younger I was drawn to watching tennis, and more specifically Michael Chang. What that guy did on Tennis Court was magic. Not the biggest hitter, very average serve. But he could set people up, wear them down with long rallies, chase down everything and then bam....pass you on the left before you realize he did it. He was an artist. Best pound for pound tennis player I ever saw. Just wasn't tall enough/a big enough hitter to be an all time great. But it was beautiful.  

12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Korver lovers really want this guy to fail. 

That is just not true. He was considered a throw in to the Korver trade that the Hawks didn't want.

There was no expectation that he would make any meaningful contribution - so far so good.