• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

hawkman

Just now, Peoriabird said:

LOL at all of the reverse pivots.  There were on a few of us arguing how this was a good deal for the Hawks.  Most were crying their eyes out and wanted to have a fire sell!  Hilarious!!!

Don't remember anyone defending him but glad he is here either way. 

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

There were a few defending the trade go back to the thread.  I know that I was loving it!

I'm eating crow and do hope it continues because after reading what the Cav articles were saying it sounded like we lost ten or more percent from three and gained a bad back to boot. Very glad its working out because our bench needs all the help it can get. A nice win for us. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I honestly never thought he was going to put on a Hawks uniform after the trade was announced. Once he did agree to report, I just knew he was going to be shipped out with Splitter or outright traded for a 2nd Rounder. Now, I honestly think this guy could possibly start for this team at some point this season? My mind is blown. Now, my only concern is his health. Can he hold up getting regular minutes in the rotation?

It's too early to get really excited but if he keeps playing anywhere close to this level this trade goes from "What the heck are we doing to" to "Heck yes we robbed the Cavs like Bonnie and Clyde".  I love the way he fits with the second unit and brings some skills to our second unit we needed.   

I never thought he would put on a Hawks uniform and based on the rumors we only wanted to do the deal if he went to a third team even the Hawks brass didn't expect this.   Maybe he is rightously pissed the whole league disrespected him and plays with a chip on his shoulder the  rest of the season.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

Maybe he is rightously pissed the whole league disrespected him and plays with a chip on his shoulder the  rest of the season.

The whole league? Maybe.

Hawks fans? Absolutely.

(Yes. Ouch.)

That includes yours truly--who began a thread asking if he brings anything to the roster worth keeping.

But then, I think we deserve a bit of a break b/c he'd kinda been forgotten over their in the Mistake by the Lake, and he's even slightly older than Kyle, right?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Honeymoon period

Yeah that is why I feel it's too early to get real excited we will know if he will be a real steal and contributor once other teams get some film on how we are using him and how they can prevent him from doing what we want.   At least the initial look is promising though!!