• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

hawkman

It was pretty crazy seeing him finish out the Celtics game the other night. Got major minutes this afternoon, too. One of the first off the bench. That's a lot of trust Bud is showing this guy, and so far it seems to be paying off. I hope it's true that we have a team option of ~$5m next year, could be a great steal if he keeps this up. Dynamic Dunleavy seems to fit this system like a glove. We still need more shooters around Dwight, but so far this seems like a great pick up. Y'all think they have Dunleavy jerseys in stock yet over at the Hawks Shop? Maybe a bit premature, ... But my wife says I'm just that kind of guy.  :-/

Edited by LamarHampton
Ms spelling

8 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

It was pretty crazy seeing him finish out the Celtics game the other night. Got major minutes this afternoon, too. One of the first off the bench. That's a lot of trust Bud is showing this guy, and so far it seems to be paying off. I hope it's true that we have a team option of ~$5m next year, could be a great steal if he keeps this up. Dynamic Dunleavy seems to fit this system like a glove. We still need more shooters around Dwight, but so far this seems like a great pick up. Y'all think they have Dunleavy jerseys in stock yet over at the Hawks Shop? Maybe a bit premature, ... But my wife says I'm just that kind of guy.  :-/

If we pick up Gary Neal we may be in good shape.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Love the highlights, of course, but the situation we have otherwise just makes it hard to imagine we would pursue this unless we're ready to ship out Bembry and/or Prince for D-league development.

In this, I've also come to realize that, in fact, Mo Williams cannot be combined with another one of our players in a trade for 2 months. Dang it.

What we need is more like a Lou Williams type player, imo.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GameTime said:

I like how he attacks close out, cuts and aggressively rebounds.

Best plays in that highlight were the backdoor cut at 1:05 and the assist to Delaney. Delaney blew attempt 1 but Dunleavy's basketball smarts naturally trusting team mates....that crap is infective. The back door cut was off the chart BBIQ recognizing the play before it happened.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Best plays in that highlight were the backdoor cut at 1:05 and the assist to Delaney. Delaney blew attempt 1 but Dunleavy's basketball smarts naturally trusting team mates....that crap is infective. The back door cut was off the chart BBIQ recognizing the play before it happened. 

haha look at Beasley, he didnt know where he went..

23 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Yes sir! Basketball is beautiful and easy when you share the ball and trust your teammates..a cliche no doubt but also very true.

3 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Yes sir! Basketball is beautiful and easy when you share the ball and trust your teammates..a cliche no doubt but also very true.

Dun-don't-leavy even said in his court side interview with Andre that the Hawks spacing and passing made this "easy" for him. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
10 hours ago, sturt said:

Never mind his ts%.... as long as his adjusted +/- is even just something around zero, we're much  improved.

2017-01-15_2212.png

I just want to hear a lot more of that "Dunleavy for threeeeee"!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I just want to hear a lot more of that "Dunleavy for threeeeee"!

Or.... mIke... dun... THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEveeeey!!!!!!

Some people just have the right names for this game.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, sturt said:

Honestly, I'm not kidding, and maybe some here can vouch for me as I say this... he was described as potentially the next Larry Bird coming out of Duke.

Not that that matters now. But it's just indicative of the all around game he was regarded to have.

I can see how he and his dad tried to pattern his game after Larry, it isn't as fartetched as it sounds.  He's probably the most poverty-stricken poor-man's  version of a comparable player in NBA history though lol.  On par with the Harold Miner to Jordan comparisons.  He actually has 10 pounds on Larry.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

I am under no illusions that we'll be getting 20+ points from Dunleavy on a regular basis but so far so good.  He said the offense is easy for him, the defense is where it'll take him some time.

On this team there is no pressure vs playing next to LBJ and expecting to hit every open 3.

I like his skillset and size - he can put the ball on the floor and score or make a play - we really needed another capable ball handler.

6 minutes ago, hazer said:

Anybody keeping a pulse on Cavs fan reaction to Don't-leavy showing out for the Hawks?

Saw these :

He looked more comfortable and confident against the Bucks then he ever did here. Not sure who that's an indictment of, probably no simple answer. But it looks like the Hawks got a reasonable replacement for Korver in the short term with a first round pick to go with it. Hawk fans have to feel good about that. As a Cavs fan, not sure what to feel. I was on record saying that Dunleavy needed to play more, not less. The above video seems to support that. 
It will be interesting to watch it all play out.

You guys understand that the Hawks utilize Mike D, in a way that we do not need him to play.
Many shooters say the hardest thing for a shooter to do is to shoot wide open shots. Even Korver said in that interview that he felt like a rookie all over again.

Dunleavey had also started to play reasonably well on offense for us in limited minutes -- after looking really bad to start the season, he was shooting 50% from 3 over the month of December and had good games in extended minutes against e.g. Memphis and Brooklyn