• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Trail Blazers

lethalweapon3

Great game thread lw3!!! I knew Portland had a high team salary but didn't know they were 2nd behind Cavs..wow..I thought it was the Warriors. 

Like you said, Sap and Dwight need to FEAST tonight. They better combine for like 40-50 points and 20-30 rebounds. Without Plum, Leonard and Ed Davis aren't enough...

TAKE THE BLAZERS TO POUND TOWN BUD!!! 

HAWKKKKKSSSS!!!!

Hawks 112

Blazers 105

Blazers are favored by 1.5 right now.

Hopefully I can stay up for this one, but probably won't.  Lilliard is smartly deferring to C.J. more, who is must-see-TV in a shootout with Timmy.  

Vegas got Blazers by 2, largely taking into account Thabo being out I'm guessing.  It's looking as if they're going to hold him out until after the break.  Hopefully the perimeter D can step up in his absence these next two.  Got Jamal tomorrow night.  Hawks by 5 tho.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Admin

Wow pulled that one out ... some pretty bad basketball bought fought and grind out the win no thanks to Baz.  He did his best to lose it for us

sap with the huge game!  That left handed shot to bring to ot with no time on the clock was awesome!

dennis brought us back in it in the 2nd 

hardeway was clutch on offense but I was actually really impressed with his defense and he even dove into the stands for a ball

game ball goes to Prince with his hustle, steal at the end to seal the game and his very smart rebounds

we gave up way too many offensive rebounds tonight.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

hardeway was clutch on offense but I was actually really impressed with his defense and he even dove into the stands for a ball

7 boards too.  No substitute for a 20 point scorer who gives up his body and hustles.  He shows flashes of Eddie Jones.  I loved that dude so that would be sweet.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Lilliard was as integral as Dennis and Junior in the win.  -20 to McCollum's +2.  When Portland moves him in the offseason you heard it here first.

Where's @kg01...yup..I told you Lillard is holding CJ back.

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

He did his best to lose it for us

Stole the words right outta my mouth. He's honestly playing for the opposition. I'm just happy he didn't blow the layup off the Sap feed late in the game. 

Timmy huge. He's truly a streaker. Sap was do-it-all Paul once again. Represented and showed the world why he's our all star. Left hander to send it to OT was a thing of beauty. Well, the result was anyways. :-) 

Great win, lets finish strong at the Clippers on Wednesday. I love the Baze gaze and will miss it but I wouldn't lose sleep over a package of Baze+Splitter outta ATL!

Shout out to Prince too. Love how he was seemingly guarding 2 players at one time on that one play. I saw it quickly but it looked like he was guarding a Blazer in the paint then ran out to contest a right wing 3 very nicely. He brings crazy energy, length and speed. Shows a nice corner 3 on offense as well, I think he went 1/2 from the corner pocket but both looked smooth. Can't wait for a few summers under Bud, kid has a high ceiling no doubt. 

Love how we got him and Bembry in the same draft. Makes me pretty excited about our upcoming drafts and surplus picks. Would love to add another 1st round pick if possible for the 17 draft. 

Also a side note on Prince...he was among the steals leaders in the NBA last night, but one of only two players (other being Monroe) coming off the bench. 

Players with 4 steals 

Kawhi 39 minutes

Players with 3 steals 

Draymond Green 24 minutes

Taurean Prince 25 minutes

Greg Monroe 31 minutes

Nik Vucevic 31 minutes

Michael Beasley 32 minutes

Andre Drummond 34 minutes

Eric Bledsoe 39 minutes

I think Bud could come up with a scary scheme for the playoffs using Thabo and Prince on the wings during some stretches while Dwight is holding down the paint. If Dwight can pick up the intensity as he's shown he does once the playoffs start and Thabo can be fully healthy and Prince can develop and get minutes, I could see us holding a team to a game or two scoring around 80-90 points. I mean they would be ugly games but we are capable. It happens in the playoffs, everything slows down and tightens up.

25 minutes ago, BrazilianHawk said:

WTF moment of the game was Baze under the hoop with 6 (SIX!!!) seconds to shoot and doing that... I don't know the name of that play What was that? It certainly looked like a frog trying to shoot. My goodness.

baze_frog.jpg

Baze is not NBA material. And those missed FTs in crunch time... Props to Howard, by the way!

IMG_8853.GIF