• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stein: "Hawks offered more than 3 first rounders for PG-13 and Jimmy Butler"

GameTime

15 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

If they turned down the Brooklyn pick from Boston they really didn't want to part with their guys.  With Chicago pretty much starting over you would think they would b more willing to part with Jimmy.

Boston did not offer the 2017 BKN pick for Jimmy, when they did they  placed an unknown protection on it.

Pacers wanted the BKN pick plus starting players from Boston - they didn't want to.

21 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Have to think this was likely the best offer the Pacers would get for him with his upcoming free agency in 2018. Looks like they are just banking on Paul George making an All-NBA next year and hoping they can keep him with the super max.

Unless he gets appeased by Larry Bird, he's walking in 2018 free agency. Its title or bust for him.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Boston did not offer the 2017 BKN pick for Jimmy, when they did they  placed an unknown protection on it.

Pacers wanted the BKN pick plus starting players from Boston - they didn't want to.

I read that Chicago also wanted Crowder in the package and that is where Boston balked

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

This was not a steep price by any means.  The Hawks current 1st round assets are:

2017 – Their own pick (around 24).

2018 – Their own pick (presumed to be 20-30, especially if adding Butler or George), Minnesota’s pick if 15-30. 

2019 – Their own pick (presumed to be 20-30). Cleveland’s pick (Top 10 protected, assumed to be 20-30).

So what the Hawks offered was 3 1st round picks but at the end of the 1st round.  These picks rarely pan out to be more than role playing starters. Their greatest value is that they are a low 4-year salary. They are only of great benefit to a team on a long-term rebuilding plan. Chicago has the financial backing to compete every year. Indiana is not in rebuild mode.

Ask yourself, would you trade Paul George at age 26 for the 24, 25, 26th picks in the draft?

If the BKN picks weren't in play,  how is our offer worse than Boston's?

If im Bird. Im asking PG straight up. He is staying or leaving. If he gives me any indication he is leaving I get as much as I can. Lets be honest here, Indy isnt beating the Cavs, Raps, Wizs or Hawks in the playoffs. I take the 3 1st, THJR, Bazemore for PG13. Then move everyone else while im at it. Tank the season with some young guys and start building around the other young guy they have.

If PG turns down that 200m in the off season they will not get CLOSE to what we just offered, especially if PG will not commit to an extension with a team. The Lakers will not offer nothing close and just wait for him to play out 17-18 with the Pacers and just make a run for him in FA and sign him outright.

I cannot see a world where the Hawks are moving THj at this point in time. Now Timmy, is worth more than 2 of those picks. He is locked up next year at just over $3 million (a pittance) and producing more than $15 million a year Bazemore. THj is currently my favorite Hawk, the closest thing to a clutch player that we have and at $3 million a year, a better value than anyone on the roster. Indy would have been fools not to take a deal with Hardaway involved.

Because of how low his salary is, THj was by far our best commodity and was probably the sticking point to a deal. I would bet Indy wanted him + the picks and we said no.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Give the Hawks credit for at least trying to make a deal

Thank you!

all I want to see and be able to read about is effort to get better if we can't get the star.... I Just want to KNOW that we are at least  trying .....eventually effort will run short among any fans and we will start wanting to see actual results but this is the Hawks and there was no evidence in past gms/ownership in nearly 20 years plus of actually trying to get a star or even get better really ! Either it was because of money (bad contracts/cheap ass owners) or owners were too in love with certain players.

Bud has again shown hawk fans that he's trying to change this culture and get us a franchise player we haven't had since nique. Hawks are starting to get their name in the bunch with teams who are always trying to land that big time player. You can't be mad at budcox, it's hard to change a falling franchise in just 4 years.

like many of you on this board I've followed the Hawks closely going on 10 plus years and I'm going to say it again BUD IS OUR SUPERSTAR whether you like it or not, bud is our best chance of landing a big name. No other recent coach/GM  in 20 years has done this much to try to get a star here.

KUDOS BUD & WILCOX

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I cannot see a world where the Hawks are moving THj at this point in time. Now Timmy, is worth more than 2 of those picks. He is locked up next year at just over $3 million (a pittance) and producing more than $15 million a year Bazemore. THj is currently my favorite Hawk, the closest thing to a clutch player that we have and at $3 million a year, a better value than anyone on the roster. Indy would have been fools not to take a deal with Hardaway involved.

Because of how low his salary is, THj was by far our best commodity and was probably the sticking point to a deal. I would bet Indy wanted him + the picks and we said no.

Honestly because of the potential he's been showing to be a 20 pt scorer he's been my favorite hawk this season too and he's been the only reason I've continued to tune in and watch the games 

• Like 1