• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Pacers at Hawks (1 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

vor 3 Minuten, willthepureshooter sagte:

Per Darvins presser, the last man down on fast breaks covers the weakside so it looks like Dennis missed the read.

Are you kidding? He defended the open shooter who was next to him and got the ball. He didn't missed the read!

Did somebody ask Darvin why the hell he called timmy to handle the ball and do nothing than waiting for the clock and jack up a three? Is there any reason to do this? Tim is the better shooter but by far the worse ball handler? So why not giving Dennis the ball to get a good shot for two, a foul or at least an open three out of a drive by Dennis?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

Was he the last man down the court? I doubt it was Timmy since he took the shot and was the first player down.

I reviewed it and here are my observations:

Dennis was 3rd back, Sap and D8 trailing.
Dennis was on the weak side, but there were two Pacers and he guarded the one who got the ball 1st. Dennis is fast but even he isn't able to follow a touch pass in the corner so they got the wide open shot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rd79 said:

Did somebody ask Darvin why the hell he called timmy to handle the ball and do nothing than waiting for the clock and jack up a three? Is there any reason to do this? Tim is the better shooter but by far the worse ball handler? So why not giving Dennis the ball to get a good shot for two, a foul or at least an open three out of a drive by Dennis?

Timmy was 9 of 16 and a major factor in our comeback. Dennis was 7 of 16 with not much success driving the ball. It was a good decision. Always go with the hot hand.

1 minute ago, rd79 said:

I reviewed it and here are my observations:

Dennis was 3rd back, Sap and D8 trailing.
Dennis was on the weak side, but there were two Pacers and he guarded the one who got the ball 1st. Dennis is fast but even he isn't able to follow a touch pass in the corner so they got the wide open shot.

Dwight was suppose to rotate as the last man. I think you missed my updated post.

vor 1 Minute, willthepureshooter sagte:

Timmy was 9 of 16 and a major factor in our comeback. Dennis was 7 of 16 with not much success driving the ball. It was a good decision. Always go with the hot hand.

up two, expecting a long contested three from THjr with a long rebound? hell no

vor 6 Minuten, rd79 sagte:

That's what I'm saying. Why not run a play and pass the ball around until you find someone open. Why not penetrate and make em collapse so you got either the chance to get a foul or kick the ball out. But staff is thinking It be much better to just let the clock run out and give THJ the shot from the parking lot.

And the defensive possession was the logical consequence of the offensive possession before. A three point shot has a higher chance for a long rebound and fast break, with the defensive bigs trailing. And that's one more reason why the call before was so terrible.... Darvin should spend a couple of weeks as a video analyst before returning to the bench...

Edited by rd79
  • Like 2

vor 4 Minuten, willthepureshooter sagte:

The problem isn't Thj handling the ball. The problem is Thj pounding the ball behind the 3 point line for 22 seconds straight and then decide to jack up a wild 3

2 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

The problem isn't Thj handling the ball. The problem is Thj pounding the ball behind the 3 point line for 22 seconds straight and then decide to jack up a wild 3

And that's the reason why in fact the problem was him handling the ball. He is a slasher and a shoter. If there is no open lane to go staight to the basket he will take the three 99 out of 100 times. That's why the ball belongs in the hands of your point guard - unless you have a superstar...

• Like 1

I have no issue with Hardaway Jr handling but if nothing is happening, he needs to not go iso and call for a PNR. He's a solid passer when he wants to be so a PNR wouldn't be a bad thing.

Bazemore typically was awful and Dennis was mostly sulking.