• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Warriors at Hawks

lethalweapon3

And then they questioning why the seats are empty in Philips arena when you have to pay a ton of money to watch a pathetic coach sub out the only real ball handler for nearly the whole second half. f*** coach bud. Really. As a Fan in the arena I'd be pissed and shout at him for doing this stupid ego thing to the people of atl

• Like 3

Yeah against the better teams, especially in the playoffs, you're not going to win through the system, you're going to win through your talent winning against their talent.

Bud needs to have a sit down with himself. This is the NBA, not the NFL. This is not the New England Patriots. A system can help you win a title but not without your talent helping beat the other team.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

I think she's stating that it's in fact the system. Because talent wise we were winning. But Bud and system didn't allow dennis to play any substantial minutes in the 4th or 3rd. Thats what handed us the L. Thats the fault in the buds system

First sentence said "it can't be the system"...she's implying that regardless of what ever system it HAS to be talent vs talent against star teams. (That's how I took it)

I agree it's not buds system cause buds system was working in the first half...it's the poor talent you sub in when you are trying to keep the system going or just trying to get any offense going period. The players bud puts in wouldn't be good in ANY system.....if you are depending on Baze and Thabo for offense we clearly have another issue going on! That has nothing to do with an offensive system ....those guys are extremely limited so why keep relying on them?

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yeah against the better teams, especially in the playoffs, you're not going to win through the system, you're going to win through your talent winning against their talent.

Bud needs to have a sit down with himself. This is the NBA, not the NFL. This is not the New England Patriots. A system can help you win a title but not without your talent helping beat the other team.

We are saying the same thing but different.

we can agree it's not the system....it's the talent bud has running the system. We've seen the system win before with other franchises....we just don't have that talent simple as that.

warriors, Spurs, Hawks, all run a similar system. We KNOW you can win this way we just need the talent to run it at its best.

7 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Excerpt from Bud's press conference

Smh.

Bud says 'a play like that hurts us' on the Curry 3 while Dennis and Dwight were arguing.

But he compounds the hurt by killing the team by benching Dennis.

He takes a knife wound by Dennis  and turns it into a kill shot to the head.

Makes no effing sense.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Smh.

Bud says 'a play like that hurts us' on the Curry 3 while Dennis and Dwight were arguing.

But he compounds the hurt by killing the team by benching Dennis.

He takes a knife wound by Dennis  and turns it into a kill shot to the head.

Makes no effing sense.

Buds a true loser for this one! I can't believe it smh

• Like 1

Then to talk about play together, you bench the guy who pushed the offensive envelope (Dennis) and you let a walking turnover(Baze) every time he puts the ball on the floor be PG. WHAT A JOKE!! Bud should look in the mirror. 

One poster said coaching has led to 10 losses, it could lead be more. Forget the system and adjust. Smh. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

According to vivlamore Schröder demands to talk with D8 and Bud about benching

Like I already wrote in chat:

Does he want to talk to coach Bud or to GM Bud?
Will he demand a trade or ask GM Bud to fire coach Bud?

• Like 1

I love the Hawks but man this year has been tough to watch

I just have no idea what the ultimate goal is here

Do we want to win it all or are we just happy to make the playoffs?

Why sign Dwight if you wont tweak your system some to make him more effective? Because it was clear and is clear that he does not fit the system you want to run

If you know how Dennis is already attitude wise,, then  why not sign a capable back up ?

Bud's first year here wasn't this frustrating because we had all those injuries but this year has been just so ehhh.

This team is 1 and done in the playoffs.  And if they max out Sap and give Tim a big raise then the future wont be bright either

But i really wonder how much longer the Bud and Dennis relationship lasts because I can see them continuing to bump heads.  If we end up losing Dennis and Jeff, I might have to take a break from this team

It was already pretty clear that Dwight and Dennis didn't have chemistry. Dennis usually played PNR with Paul. And there have been flashes of it looking good but it hasn't been consistent. Not surprising with a young player.

Say goodbye to Dwight and Dennis ever gaining chemistry...