• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So about Thabo....

JTB

Everyone around here keeps getting on Baze as if Thabo doesn't do dumb shit offensively too. I'm  honestly done with Thabo as a full time starting SF and I believe his minutes should be split with Prince. 

I know Thabo is a fantastic defender but let's keep it real in this thread....when it comes the to top notch SFs or whoever the top perimeters offensive player is we are facing that game, Thabo doesn't really force them into tough shots nor does he actually maintain them. Instead he completely doesn't bother them and they are efficient as hell.

I get we all love Thabo and all but if he can't at the least maintain some of the best perimeter guys in the game and he can't score to put pressure on the opponent due to not being talented enough and too limited so to me he's as useless as bazemore in a lot of these games and that's just the honest truth. I could care less about that +/- crap ! News flash Delaney some how has a good plus minus this year too I believe.

LOL Thabo is a bench player that can give you good defense off the bench he shouldn't be starting. Let prince or Bembry get eaten up by these star perimeter guys so he can adapt and learn how to defend.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Agreed, he cannot defend big SF at all, aleays has played SG so really not his fault

Yeah, Hawks only have one true SF.

5 hours ago, JTB said:

Everyone around here keeps getting on Baze as if Thabo doesn't do dumb shit offensively too. I'm  honestly done with Thabo as a full time starting SF and I believe his minutes should be split with Prince. 

I know Thabo is a fantastic defender but let's keep it real in this thread....when it comes the to top notch SFs or whoever the top perimeters offensive player is we are facing that game, Thabo doesn't really force them into tough shots nor does he actually maintain them. Instead he completely doesn't bother them and they are efficient as hell.

I get we all love Thabo and all but if he can't at the least maintain some of the best perimeter guys in the game and he can't score to put pressure on the opponent due to not being talented enough and too limited so to me he's as useless as bazemore in a lot of these games and that's just the honest truth. I could care less about that +/- crap ! News flash Delaney some how has a good plus minus this year too I believe.

LOL Thabo is a bench player that can give you good defense off the bench he shouldn't be starting. Let prince or Bembry get eaten up by these star perimeter guys so he can adapt and learn how to defend.

Thankfully this will be his last year in ATL. They won't be able to afford him.

6 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Agreed, he cannot defend big SF at all, aleays has played SG so really not his fault

Well, he's bigger than Bazemore.  Other than Prince, we don't have a SF bigger than Thabo (unless you count the injured Dunleavy.)

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Unless Thabo is 100% healthy he struggles. He musses games with that groin injury hasn't looked he same since.

IMG_9105.JPG

Nagging injuries have been a curse for Thabo for about five years now. Playing through those injuries is not the same as playing without injuries. Realistic options at SF though are him and Prince with a possible chronic injury pestering Dunleavy. Sap will be very busy the rest of the way at PF and getting C minutes as well so he won't be able to appease those that want to experiment with him at SF some.  

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Thabo looked good during the hot start, but he has been worthless since. His career is all but done. He will be out of the league in a few years without a doubt.

He's 32 years old so that's not really a bold prediction.   

I think Thabo's an excellent value for what he's getting paid.  He does a little (and I do stress "a little") of everything.  Poor management has him playing out of position.  Hampered or not I still love watching him, whether the beautiful dunks and steals or laughing my ass off at the air balls and bricks off the side glass.

Edited by benhillboy

Bud would not say whether Sefolosha would start second half. Ryan Kelly is inactive.

THJ will start for Hawks. Sefolosha late for pregame walk through.

54 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Bud would not say whether Sefolosha would start second half. Ryan Kelly is inactive.

THJ will start for Hawks. Sefolosha late for pregame walk through.

WTF!!!

whats going on with the discipline on this team???

dont get me wrong I'm glad Hardaway will get the start but I don't like the reason why. Sometimes I do think bud may be losing this team focus