• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Delusional Hawks fans...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I am the bad guy around here because I bring in the truth to delusional people. 

1.  IF we lose Sap for nothing, we will struggle to win 20 games.   Sap is everything that Bud needs as a PF.   IF we replace him with Plumlee, Scott, or whoever else on the roster that you want to name, our team will struggle and probably Implode.   For you fans of the tank... losing Sap for nothing is us tanking and being "Flexible."

2.  Our GM is clueless about being a GM. Phil Jackson just got fired for his lack of work ethic.  Schlenk has great work ethic, he's just not a real BBall guy.  He's an analytics guy.  So he can't look at a guy and know that a guy is a player.  He can only look at stats and try to put them together.  It's going to be interesting.  But that's not why he's clueless.  He's clueless because he doesn't have a driving belief.  What's Schlenk's driving Belief?  Ferry was the son of a GM, he played, was mentored by Embry and Popp and over that time he developed a driving belief.  Knight Played, was mentored by Donnie Walsh and developed a Driving Belief.  It's these guys who don't have the background and the driving belief that worry me.  These are guys who take their NBA 2k17 teams in franchise mode and look at stats and measurables and have no idea how the guys will work chemistry wise. 

3.  Bud is on the hotseat.  No GM comes in and allows the coach that was there before remain unless that coach has pictures of the owner.  Bud is going to get the Larry Drew, Lenny Wilkens treatment.  He will be allowed to start the season but as soon as Schlenk feels pressure, he will press to have his guys take over coaching.  Hello Mike Brown!!

4.  We are tanking.  Hawks fans...watch these guys:  Robert Williams.  Michael Porter, and DeAndre Ayton.  We are looking for a generational talent. 

5.  Don't expect big moves in FAcy.  Nope.  Don't see it.  I think we will get guys who can pass the time while we wait on this generational talent.  Maybe Zaza,   Oh yeah... we're not moving Plumlee. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

No one's a "bad guy," unless s/he can't distinguish between his/her own assumptions and what is conclusive truth, and then, publishes those assumptions as-if.

That's all I got. @Diesel could be right about all of that. But he might also not be. Time will tell. In the meantime, some couching of one's own assumptions as... just that... assumptions... can make one a "good guy" pretty quickly.

• Like 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I am the bad guy around here because I bring in the truth to delusional people. 1.  IF we lose Sap for nothing, we will struggle to win 20 games.   Sap is everything that Bud needs as a PF.   IF we replace him with Plumlee, Scott, or whoever else on the roster that you want to name, our team will struggle and probably Implode.   For you fans of the tank... losing Sap for nothing is us tanking and being "Flexible."

This may be true.  It depends on whether we sign a significant free agent or not but I can see this playing out where we say we are retooling and it is not any different in practice from what most of us consider tanking.  Still need to wait and see some.

2.  Our GM is clueless about being a GM. Phil Jackson just got fired for his lack of work ethic.  Schlenk has great work ethic, he's just not a real BBall guy.  He's an analytics guy.  So he can't look at a guy and know that a guy is a player.  He can only look at stats and try to put them together.  It's going to be interesting.  But that's not why he's clueless.  He's clueless because he doesn't have a driving belief.  What's Schlenk's driving Belief?  Ferry was the son of a GM, he played, was mentored by Embry and Popp and over that time he developed a driving belief.  Knight Played, was mentored by Donnie Walsh and developed a Driving Belief.  It's these guys who don't have the background and the driving belief that worry me.  These are guys who take their NBA 2k17 teams in franchise mode and look at stats and measurables and have no idea how the guys will work chemistry wise. 

This strikes me as way too much too early.  Not enough to judge.

3.  Bud is on the hotseat.  No GM comes in and allows the coach that was there before remain unless that coach has pictures of the owner.  Bud is going to get the Larry Drew, Lenny Wilkens treatment.  He will be allowed to start the season but as soon as Schlenk feels pressure, he will press to have his guys take over coaching.  Hello Mike Brown!!

Possible.  Really hope we don't drop Bud for Mike Brown.  That would be a big fail.

4.  We are tanking.  Hawks fans...watch these guys:  Robert Williams.  Michael Porter, and DeAndre Ayton.  We are looking for a generational talent. 

5.  Don't expect big moves in FAcy.  Nope.  Don't see it.  I think we will get guys who can pass the time while we wait on this generational talent.  Maybe Zaza,   Oh yeah... we're not moving Plumlee. 

4 - As above, we'll see whether we move to acquire more talent in the "win now."  

5 - That will be telling on most of the points above.

4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

What a strange thing to be thankful for.  Masochist?

I'd rather watch young players be terrible and grow to get more young players than watch a team lose in the first round of the playoffs. Like last year, the most fun I had was watching Taurean Prince ball out. I didn't care about the score. I know the present is pointless. Positive signs for the future are the most fun to watch until the championship window actually opens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CP61 said:

I'd rather watch young players be terrible and grow to get more young players than watch a team lose in the first round of the playoffs. Like last year, the most fun I had was watching Taurean Prince ball out. I didn't care about the score. I know the present is pointless. Positive signs for the future are the most fun to watch until the championship window actually opens.

You are probably to young to remember the last tank.  Young guys do not make for good basketball.   Let me ask how many Sixers Games have you been clamoring to watch the last few years?  Sacramento?  T-wolves?  It all sounds good in theory.

• Like 4

Just now, HawkItus said:

You are probably to young to remember the last tank.  Young guys do not make for good basketball.   Let me ask how many Sixers Games have you been clamoring to watch the last few years?  Sacramento?  T-wolves?  It all sounds good in theory.

I love to watch the sixers and Wolves. They are the future. I will say that the draft is my favorite basketball day of the year, and watching recently drafted players play is why I want to watch basketball outside of the Hawks.

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Twolves would have been in the playoffs at least the last 3 seasons if they were in the East. You do realize they were able to draft two studs in KAT and Wiggins while in the draft and use their other draft assets to trade for Jimmy Butler? Hell they might be about to SNT for Millsap too. That is exactly how you rebuild in the draft. I'd give my front teeth for the Hawks to be in the Twolves position.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Twolves would have been in the playoffs at least the last 3 seasons if they were in the East. You do realize they were able to draft two studs in KAT and Wiggins while in the draft and use their other draft assets to trade for Jimmy Butler? Hell they might be about to SNT for Millsap too. That is exactly how you rebuild in the draft. I'd give my front teeth for the Hawks to be in the Twolves position.

Ok.  Talk to me in two years.  Shoot they have already had to let go of some promising young guys.   They will be lucky if they make it to a conference finals in the next decade.   Exactly, what the Hawks have done.   None of their guys are MVP candidates, ever, in my opinion.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Ok.  Talk to me in two years.  Shoot they have already had to let go of some promising young guys.   They will be lucky if they make it to a conference finals in the next decade.   Exactly, what the Hawks have done.   None of their guys are MVP candidates, ever, in my opinion.

KAT is already the best big man in the NBA. Wiggins is almost unstoppable on offense. When have the Hawks have anything like that?

I will talk to you in two years when the TWolves are running into the GSW juggernaught in the playoffs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

KAT is already the best big man in the NBA. Wiggins is almost unstoppable on offense. When have the Hawks have anything like that?

I will talk to you in two years when the TWolves are running into the GSW juggernaught in the playoffs.

KAT is not better than the Brow or Cousins.  He might not be better than Embiid when healthy.  Right now they would be  behind GSW, SA, Hou, Portland/Jazz/Thunder.   Talk about delusional.  What are they doing at the point?  None of them are sustainable 3 point shooters.