• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks reportedly sign Josh Magette

Bankingitbig

Anyone know much about him? Looks like he was pretty good last year in D-League. Quick YouTube clips shows that he has pretty good vision and can run an offense as point, not sure about how his defense is or anything. Is he good enough to be 2nd backup PG?

Edited by Bankingitbig

Why just hand out a contract to him, he hasn't proven himself.  He looked a little too slow for the League in Summer play last year.  I thought they would extend a contract to Bryce Cotton.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

He was undrafted so free to sign anytime.

2nd team d-league all defensive team last year and I read he's been to summer league 5 times. Maybe he's a late bloomer. 

That doesn't mean anything, Walter Tavares was Defensive player of the year and he could not stop fouling while in the NBA.  Magette's body looks like he needs to be on a good weight training program.  Less muscle tone than even Dennis.

2 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

That doesn't mean anything, Walter Tavares was Defensive player of the year and he could not stop fouling while in the NBA.  Magette's body looks like he needs to be on a good weight training program.  Less muscle tone than even Dennis.

Oh I wasn't hyping him as I've never seen the dude play... just passing on what I read.  Someone wrote a piece on him calling him the D league Steve Nash in reference to him being a late bloomer. I highly doubt he even makes the team but you never know. As I said I've never seen him play so I can't really say. I like the fact that he's at least been recognized for playing D at some level of pro ball though.

As to Edy who knows he was / is still very raw but they say he's still got a shot in the NBA. 

3 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

It's all D-League second team not defense. I've never watched him, but he averaged 15.8 pts and 9.8 assists. Why the hell not sign him since we have half the roster open?