• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap to Minnesota or Denver?

Sothron

Bud the GM really gave us the business! The set up for the future would have looked a heckuva lot brighter if we treated the deadline differently.  Oh well...we will see what our new GM had in store.

Edited by deester11
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

The Wolves don't have the space to sign Millsap.  What could they trade us to get him?

Dieng and Muhammad.  To start.  Possible Aldrich to make the money work but we would need a 1st.

Oh man if I could actually finally get Dieng I would have my draft night dream of Dieng and Schroder being our 1/5 combo to build around. Can we get Pekovic as well? What happened to him I never hear about him anymore. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Oh man if I could actually finally get Dieng I would have my draft night dream of Dieng and Schröder being our 1/5 combo to build around. Can we get Pekovic as well? What happened to him I never hear about him anymore. 

Pekovic got waived June 20th.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2017/06/20/minnesota-timberwolves-waive-nikola-pekovic

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Oh man if I could actually finally get Dieng I would have my draft night dream of Dieng and Schröder being our 1/5 combo to build around. Can we get Pekovic as well? What happened to him I never hear about him anymore. 

Joakim Noah like stuff he's just less talked about cause he's not in a new town market 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I think they released Pekovic..

Denver offers Paul the max today. I would bet a good lunch on it.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Not a good sign that he was waived. The wolves need a Center, having Pekovic and letting him go must mean he is not right healthwise.

• Premium Member

Pek is done, his ankles are shot to hell.

Wolves could offer us Dieng, Aldrich maybe Bazz if they don't think they can sign him. That OKC first rounder might be coming to us for Millsap too.

Denver I think could just sign him outright.

• Like 2

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Not a good sign that he was waived. The wolves need a Center, having Pekovic and letting him go must mean he is not right healthwise.

I think KAT is doing a pretty excellent job at center. It made sense for the TWolves to waive Pekovic since it seemed as if he wasn't getting healthy anytime soon and they would be getting some cap relief as well. I honestly think he might retire though because foot injuries for big men are usually career enders for them.

5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

They have 21.5 million tied up in Deng and Aldridge. Pekovic is a injury risk but they also needed the cap space for this off season. As it stands, they sill need to move someone to sign Redick or Sap.

Edited by Buzzard

11 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Have a bizarre trade concept to pitch.  Since we get nothing if Paul goes to Denver, would we throw something in the deal to Minnesota to make sure we get Dieng back?  How else could we influence this to make sure we get a return?

Denver will probably still want to do a SnT to clear cap space to go after another free agent. 

Minnesota will have to include enough salary and we won't agree to take crap contracts without something of value so Dieng is probably a given unless it's Bazz who I think has a big contract as well. A sissy to your thought I sure hope we don't lose Sap and have to give up a pick or young player. That would look extra bad on us.

• Like 1