• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jamal Crawford and Atlanta Hawks have come to terms on a buyout

Diesel

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, GameTime said:

You do have to wonder why Jamal is demanding the full $5.2 million for teams that are interested in him though.

Pure conjecture on my part:

The specific numbers agreed to aren't set yet because part of the equation is that we're going to pay him some percentage of whatever $14.2m (his 2017-18 salary) minus his new salary is, and perhaps that percentage is tied to that new salary--ie, he has incentive to not settle for a vet minimum.

• Like 1

Looks like we may be getting some information on the terms of the buyout. If the cap hit is $11m next season, then that means we actually didn't stretch out his cap hit. It also means we agreed on a buyout of ~77% of the guaranteed portion. That said, I don't fully trust CViv, especially when it comes to cap related information. Note that the cap hit will also be offset somewhat by Crawford's new deal as well.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

That said, I don't fully trust CViv, especially when it comes to cap related information.

Infuriating.

Either C-Viv's got his facts screwed up (again), or Schlenk just got completely bulldozed by Crawford and his agent. By C-Viv's report, Crawford is actually going to end up with a couple million or so MORE than if the trade never happened. I can't believe Schlenk is that stupid, so that leaves me to the former conclusion.

• Premium Member

Probably a case of poor choice of vocabulary on Viv's part.  "Stretch" has a specific meaning in CBA parlance.  Crawford was "bought out," but it seems the Hawks will be paying his salary back over time (which is not the same thing as a "cap hit").

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

So let me get this straight, to get a draft pick in the bottom of the first round we are paying 11 million a year cap hit the next 2 years??????

No, the cap hit would drop to less than $3M next year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrhonline said:

Our former site accountant thinks C-Viv misreported...

Cviv's daughter is still waiting to be picked up at the airport you know. Think its been going on for two years now so accurate reporting is likely optional on a good day for him.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Probably a case of poor choice of vocabulary on Viv's part.  "Stretch" has a specific meaning in CBA parlance.  Crawford was "bought out," but it seems the Hawks will be paying his salary back over time (which is not the same thing as a "cap hit").

Whew, thats better.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, mrhonline said:

Yeah - definitely trust Hawksfanatic over Cviv every time.  Love hearing that we didn't stretch this contract.  That is great news.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Ended up being a little less than it could have been. Hoping a year from now we'll have possibly forgotten about it .

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2017/7/19/15997794/jamal-crawford-buyout-atlanta-hawks-details-first-round-pick-diamond-stone

Chopped off $4mill, not bad.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Super happy we didn't stretch this.  Think the article is a bit misleading.  His contract was not attractive in trade this year but was very attractive next year.  Great deal for Crawford.  For us, hopefully the pick will be meaningful and we'll be done with the cap hit by the time we plan to contend.

• Like 2