• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Baze due for a revival.

Diesel

• Premium Member

This could be a big year for Baze.  Without pressure, Baze may come out and just play well.   In his career, he has shown that he can shoot efficiently.  He has shown that he can play defense.   He has good speed and good size.  There's nothing holding him back from raising his game.   I say Baze becomes the leader for the Hawks and keeps us competitive and possible get Allstar talk... then Schlenk trades him for a first or something. 

Even if he does bounce back I highly doubt Baze garners even a single mention of all star consideration. Baze cannot be effective when defenses show him attention. He will suffer the most from losing our best players in the offseason. You commit a defender to Baze and he is a bad pass and clumsy fall waiting to happen.

He is a less talented shorter skinnier Marvin Williams and I find it ironic that you of all people don't see this.

If Baze wants to save his career he should beg Bud to allow him to become a defensive minded bench player again. Because the moment he decided his offense was as important as his defensive energy he became a worse players overall. 

We need Baze to stand still and hit open shots. And we need him to regain discipline and focus defensively. That's all he can do. Anything more is asking for trouble 

• Like 3

All star status???? Baze?????

well shit he is in the east and if we are talking his true position as a SG sadly he probably really does have a chance to be an all star reserve as a backup SG for the east ....other than derozan, beal, and maybe Avery Bradley...Baze may really have a damn shot at it lol as crazy as that sounds but I could be missing some names at SG for the east 

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mdizzle5 said:

All Star? Baze? 

Baze is just a charismatic Mo Evans and you're talking about possible all Star? 

Idk man...

Lol my exact thoughts but then I reminded myself how weak the east is now they've lost 7 all starts to the west.

we're going to see some different all stars in the east this time around so maybe Baze actually has a shot to sneak in as crazy as that sounds

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

All star status???? Baze?????

well shit he is in the east and if we are talking his true position as a SG sadly he probably really does have a chance to be an all star reserve as a backup SG for the east ....other than derozan, beal, and maybe Avery Bradley...Baze may really have a damn shot at it lol as crazy as that sounds but I could be missing some names at SG for the east 

You know they don't go by 5 positions anymore. It's Guards and Forwards. Dennis has the best shot of any guard on this team. Then there's D'Angelo Russell and Zach Lavine as well as newcomers that have all star potential before Baze.

• Like 1

He may never scratch All-Star status. But if he chills out he can definitely be a good defender and 3-pt shooting starter who ups his trade value. 

• Like 1

He's definitely due for a rebound year and is capabale of stepping it up and being a serviceable starter in the league. His future is just not with the Hawks. Funny and likable guy, I wish him well in his future endeavors.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hazer said:

He's definitely due for a rebound year and is capabale of stepping it up and being a serviceable starter in the league. His future is just not with the Hawks. Funny and likable guy, I wish him well in his future endeavors.

There is a legit question whether two years ago was an outlier (and even then he wasn't anywhere close to an average starter).  If so, his median season may look more like last year.

I hope he has the potential to keep improving/rebounding either way.  We made the choice to make him rich and now we have to live with it until someone wants to trade for him at an acceptable price.

• Like 1

I got to agree with Diesel..Bazemore has All star Potential.. If we get peak performance out of him, which would be  about 17 ppg, 5reb,    3 asts,    45% fg, 37% 3pt, 2stls, 1 bpg..

I think in a bigger role Baze could reach those targets...His shot has potential and he got a few moves off the dribble..The biggest thing with him is ball security and passing..If he limits the bad passes and being stripped on his drives he can be a good 2 way starter.. I like him better than Demarre Carroll I tell u..Carroll is so feeble against the likes of Lebron and Melo..Baze does make those guys work hard at 6'5.. It will be interesting to see how he fares against Shooting Guards this year..

Edited by LastDon