• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ok Colonel Schlenk......go get him

HawkItus

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Like Bledsoe + Dragic? Or Lillard and McCollum?

No.. two BALL DOMINANT PGs.. not just two PGs...   Kyrie is leaving Cleveland because he wants the spotlight and he likes having the ball in his hands.   So does goldie.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No.. two BALL DOMINANT PGs.. not just two PGs...   Kyrie is leaving Cleveland because he wants the spotlight and he likes having the ball in his hands.   So does goldie.

I'm surprise you want him here seeing that he is the same type of point guard as Dennis.  LOL!

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I'm surprise you want him here seeing that he is the same type of point guard as Dennis.  LOL!

Trade Bait.   You have to look at it from the standpoint of value.  IF we trade for him.. and we give up Dennis, Baze and 2 1st rounders.   We can turn around and trade him for more value.  I don't think Kyrie could win a title without Lebron.  However, he'd be a nice rental until we found another team that wanted him more. 

Dennis + 2 1st round picks.  Get it done Schlenk.

And I like Dennis, but this is Kyrie.

Getting Kyrie would ASSURE the destruction of the Cavs, unless Dennis blossoms under Lebron's wings.m  Surely no one on this site thinks that Dennis is better than Kyrie?  Right?

Despite his supposed "choice destinations", Kyrie doesn't have a no trade clause, and the Cavs can deal him anywhere they wanted.   No way would they trade him to a potential contender.

This is the time where a team like ATL should use what little assets we have, and deal for a borderline Hall of Famer like Kyrie.   

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Dennis + 2 1st round picks.  Get it done Schlenk.

And I like Dennis, but this is Kyrie.

Getting Kyrie would ASSURE the destruction of the Cavs, unless Dennis blossoms under Lebron's wings.m  Surely no one on this site thinks that Dennis is better than Kyrie?  Right?

Despite his supposed "choice destinations", Kyrie doesn't have a no trade clause, and the Cavs can deal him anywhere they wanted.   No way would they trade him to a potential contender.

This is the time where a team like ATL should use what little assets we have, and deal for a borderline Hall of Famer like Kyrie.   

Hawks 1st-round pick from Cavs is top 10 protected, we don't want them to be THAT bad.

37 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I'd take a Uncle Drew + Goldie backcourt.  That would assure that we'd have one of them on the court at all times.  And you could stagger their minutes in which they're not playing no more than 16 - 18 minutes a game together.

6 minutes ago, hazer said:

Kyrie is a perennial All-Star and it's very tempting. But The Menace is younger, cheaper, has better D, and Kyrie won't resign here so I'd pass. Don't want to toss away Dennis in his prime improving years for a short rental of Irving. If this was 3 years down the road when we're knocking on ECF's door again and Dennis hadn't reached the heights Hawks, would be the exact type of move Schlenk should make. Right now? Not so much...

Come on now.  We're talking about a #1 overall pick here that is only 24 years old, and is one of the top 5 best shooting PGs in the league.  What's the use of being bad and having a ton of cap space in the future, when you won't pull the trigger on a guy who is a top 10 - 15 player in the league?

Unfortunately though, this pretty much opens the door wide open for Carmelo to go to Cleveland and the Knicks get Kyrie.

Scared money don't make no money.  The Hawks always playing with scared money.

• Premium Member

Why trade side ways...kyrie isn't that much better than Dennis. He certainly isn't 2 1st round picks and another core player better.  We need to stay the course instead of doing another dumb trade that will put us right back where we started...41 win team.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Come on now.  We're talking about a #1 overall pick here that is only 24 years old, and is one of the top 5 best shooting PGs in the league.  What's the use of being bad and having a ton of cap space in the future, when you won't pull the trigger on a guy who is a top 10 - 15 player in the league?

Unfortunately though, this pretty much opens the door wide open for Carmelo to go to Cleveland and the Knicks get Kyrie.

Scared money don't make no money.  The Hawks always playing with scared money.

He's 25 1/2, and then Hawks would be without Dennis AND Kyrie in 2020 as well as some picks that it took to get him.

• Like 1

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Trade Bait.   You have to look at it from the standpoint of value.  IF we trade for him.. and we give up Dennis, Baze and 2 1st rounders.   We can turn around and trade him for more value.  I don't think Kyrie could win a title without Lebron.  However, he'd be a nice rental until we found another team that wanted him more. 

Why would another team give us more than they would give CLE when he will be closer to UFA?  Until we deal him we become the 6-9 seed.

Timing on this seems wrong.  The last 2 years this would have made more sense.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, AHF said:

Why would another team give us more than they would give CLE when he will be closer to UFA?  Until we deal him we become the 6-9 seed.

6 seed?  You think he moves the needle that much? I don't especially if we give up Prince or Collins...someone wanted to give up both plus 2 1st round picks! Lol!

28 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bingo. Or 2 years from now...

• Like 1