• Momentane Spendenziele

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Ok Colonel Schlenk......go get him

HawkItus

• Premium Member
On 7/21/2017 at 6:45 PM, sturt said:

Real import of all of this maybe only to me...  reinforces the Aesops fable (sic) that says don't count those chickens until they hatch... and its opposite, don't suppose those are dud eggs too early.

And extending the life lesson about the infallibility fallacy that the Cavs pick was destined for utter nothingness... just watch what happens if the Rockets find that this Harden/Paul combo ends up one huge disappointment... and our draft slot there grow commensurately in value. God knows, I'm wishing really hard for Melo to still end up calling Toyota Center home... even harder crash and burn, imo.

Plus the guy is under contract for only to more years.  When he leaves well lose him plus the assets we gave up for him which would be something previous GMs would have done.  Thank God there is a new day here in Atlanta

• Like 1

On 7/21/2017 at 6:32 PM, hazer said:

He's 25 1/2, and then Hawks would be without Dennis AND Kyrie in 2020 as well as some picks that it took to get him.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Plus the guy is under contract for only to more years.  When he leaves well lose him plus the assets we gave up for him which would be something previous GMs would have done.  Thank God there is a new day here in Atlanta

Same thing I said Friday :approved:

On 7/21/2017 at 8:21 PM, Peoriabird said:

This is just senseless Hawk fan talk...Kyrie is not a franchise player which means he isn't better than 4 players especially if 2 of the players are Dennis and Prince or Collins. Whoever thinks Irving is great...just check out his record before LeBron showed up and when LeBron leaves next year.

A team where Kyrie Irving is the best player is not a playoff team.   Think about the fact that Kyrie Irving has a losing record when he plays without LeBron James.  

For those of you that hate Dennis's defense, you will hate Kyrie's defense even more.  Kyrie makes Dennis look like an First team all defense player.  Kyrie is much more consistent on offense, but considering that Dennis is only 23, there is still plenty of time for him to develop consistency.  While he may never be as explosive in the lane as Kyrie on offense, his defense is better and the gap between the two is closer than you would think.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I mean you find nothing but positive write up from everywhere else except Atlanta

When the Atlanta Hawks made the move to unload one-time All-Star Jeff Teague in a trade this off-season, it was met with skepticism by some. The Hawks, a veteran team, acquired a draft pick in the process and handed the reigns of the point guard position to 23-year-old Dennis Schröder. The German point guard had impressed in limited minutes the year prior, but moving into a full time starting role was a leap for the young player to make.

Moving into a starting role for the first time in his career has predictably led to career highs across the board: 17.7 points, 6.2 assists, and 3.0 rebounds nightly. Schröder has become known as one of the fastest players in the league; he is a threat to get to the rim at any time. This makes his slightly below average 3-point shooting somewhat negligible, though he has improved in that area. Him and Tim Hardaway Jr. are sometimes the only Hawks who create their own offense regularly.

Schröder is an undersized point guard at this point — 6-foot-1 and only 172 pounds. As a result, he sometimes struggles with certain defensive assignments. But even with Schröder on the floor for over 30 minutes per night, Atlanta has managed to field the NBA’s fourth-most efficient defense. The player that the Hawks received for Teague, rookie Taurean Prince, has begun to come into his own of late. That and the play of Schröder makes that deal look smart in retrospect. The future is bright for the young German in Atlanta.

2016-17 Per-Game Stats: 17.7 points, 3.1 rebounds, 6.2 assists, 0.8 steals, 0.2 blocks

Advanced Metrics: 17.1 PER, Minus-11.66 TPA, Minus-2.47 RPM

Some of Dennis Schröder's advanced metrics look shaky, but that's largely due to his early-season inconsistency. The speedy point guard had trouble adjusting to his first experience as a lead guard, and he routinely followed up standout showings with poor shooting performances and turnover-plagued affairs.

But Schröder looks more comfortable than ever lately: Dating back to his last two games in November, the first-year starter is averaging 20.9 points, 3.1 rebounds and 6.8 assists while shooting 50.5 percent from the field and 39.1 percent from three-point range.

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Not sure if you meant to quote me... I wasn't actually even commenting on Kyrie, but rather, how all of this drama translates to something potentially very positive for us, regardless.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, sturt said:

Not sure if you meant to quote me... I wasn't actually even commenting on Kyrie, but rather, how all of this drama translates to something potentially very positive for us, regardless.

Folks were talking about giving up 2 1st round picks plus Dennis and another core young player to acquire Kyrie thinking the 1st round picks won't amount to much so it isn't a big deal to trade them

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I am truely trying to understand the Dennis hate both here and in Atlanta in general.  The guy is rated the 11th best point guard in the league right now at 23 years of age and has gotten better every year.  Can anyone other than Diesel explain this to me?

I don't get "hate".  I see flaws in his game, though most of them are due to tunnel vision. I've consistently said the verdict on Dennis should wait until he's 25. He is still learning the NBA game and that takes patience at the PG position. It has the highest learning curve.

5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Folks were talking about giving up 2 1st round picks plus Dennis and another core young player to acquire Kyrie thinking the 1st round picks won't amount to much so it isn't a big deal to trade them

Dennis is on a very reasonable contract and is very productive. He needs to improve in a few areas but the difference is not worth the salary + the picks.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't want Irving. I always liked Dennis and still do. He has some concerns but I'd rather have him than what it would take to get Irving.

Eggzackly. Dennis absolutely has flaws and concerns. But he also has skeelz and that dawg in 'eem. Look, that damn blonde patch is stupid. He's still immature. Makes bonehead decisions sometimes. Needs to be more consistent on D. So forth, far from perfect. But he's a fierce competitor, quick as lightning, is a fast learner/hard worker who's improving rapidly, and is on a great deal. Trade him and picks for Kyrie and then in 2020 Hawks are without Dennis, Kyrie, AND those picks.

• Like 3

Y'all are crazy.  Love Dennis, but Kyrie is what Dennis dreams of being.  Before Lebron came back that CLE team was trash.  Hell, Lebron didn't make the playoffs his first two years.  I really don't understand what you guys want.  Trade All-Stars because you want crack at a super star.   Don't want a top 10 player because (insert HawkSquawk bias)   I'm convinced half of you wouldn't have taken Larry Bird  or MJ in their primes because of their conceitedness lol.

Edited by HawkItus

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I am truely trying to understand the Dennis hate both here and in Atlanta in general.  The guy is rated the 11th best point guard in the league right now at 23 years of age and has gotten better every year.  Can anyone other than Diesel explain this to me?

Because I don't think that Dennis is on the Same level as Kyrie.. it's Dennis hate?

Because I pointed out that Dennis is mediocre because Most ranking systems rank him at PG as around 17 and some as late as 24... out of 30... It's Dennis hate?

The problem is not Dennis hate.  The problem is that you can't handle the truth. 

Image result for you can't handle the truth meme

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Flight said:

Y'all Kyrie is a household name. Worst case scenario he's making our team relevant to the league and being the Hawks version of Julio for the city. 

I agree that he's a household name.   I don't think he has enough to stop us from tanking.  However, he will be a better three point shooter and passer than Dennis is now.