• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ok Colonel Schlenk......go get him

HawkItus

• Premium Member

Real import of all of this maybe only to me...  reinforces the Aesops fable (sic) that says don't count those chickens until they hatch... and its opposite, don't suppose those are dud eggs too early.

And extending the life lesson about the infallibility fallacy that the Cavs pick was destined for utter nothingness... just watch what happens if the Rockets find that this Harden/Paul combo ends up one huge disappointment... and our draft slot there grow commensurately in value. God knows, I'm wishing really hard for Melo to still end up calling Toyota Center home... even harder crash and burn, imo.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

As tempting as this is, something tells me the Hawks would eventually regret giving up the farm for Kyrie.  It's hard to be patient, but I think the Hawks need to be and build this team the right way for the long term.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 3

So Kyrie is not coming here. Let's get that out of the way.

But the idea that the Hawks wouldn't be in a better position with Kyrie (subtract whomever you want going back in a deal) is absurd.

Who do some of y'all think we're gonna be drafting in the 20s that are gonna be better than Kyrie?

Sure we're gonna get our own 1-&-done from our pick who will take years to develop. Hooray.

Been down that road. I actually made an MPF (Marvin Protection Force) badge for my signature back in the day because I was just sure that he HAD to be good. Otherwise, what was all of the sucking for?

And don't get me started on JChill and (still can't believe BK actually did it) Shelden .

Al was the only one who was legit, and he's no star (Josh was a lot of fun, but let's not pretend he was ever a top 30 player).

It ain't happening, but sign me up for Kyrie with a blank check.

• Like 1

Kyrie doesn't have a no trade clause.

Kyrie is much better than Dennis.

I'd look into it if we don't have to give up our first rounder this year.. I'd rather build around Kyrie than Dennis.

Ultimately I think Cleveland is more interested in win now pieces than picks, they're trying to entice Lebron to stay for his last years. Hopefully we get in on the action if/when this trade does go down. Try to grab another asset/young guy.

32 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

As tempting as this is, something tells me the Hawks would eventually regret giving up the farm for Kyrie.  It's hard to be patient, but I think the Hawks need to be and build this team the right way for the long term.

The fact that you consider us to have a "farm" to even give at this point is encouraging. Lol

• Premium Member

This is just senseless Hawk fan talk...Kyrie is not a franchise player which means he isn't better than 4 players especially if 2 of the players are Dennis and Prince or Collins. Whoever thinks Irving is great...just check out his record before LeBron showed up and when LeBron leaves next year.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is just senseless Hawk fan talk...Kyrie is not a franchise player which means he isn't better than 4 players especially if 2 of the players are Dennis and Prince or Collins. Whoever thinks Irving is great...just check out his record before LeBron showed up and when LeBron leaves next year.

I guess we can rule out any interest in Anthony Davis too?

Kyrie's possibly the best iso player in the NBA, has developed an offball game while playing with Lebron, one of the best finishers around the rim, and great in the clutch. Look at those teams that he was on before Lebron came and tell me why he should've been dragging them to playoffs? The only reason I can understand for not wanting Kyrie is injuries which is fair. 

• Like 3

Kyrie thinks the earth is flat and he (allegedly) wants to leave the probable #1 seed in the East to go play for the Knicks, an organization which just signed one of the most ludicrous contracts of the free agency period (good for you, Tim) and seemingly follows a strict "one step forward, two steps back" philosophy. On the bright side, adhering to such a philosophy for long enough will force Kyrie to accept that the earth is not actually flat.

Dude can ball but you don't sell the farm for a dummy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

I am not a fan of Irving ... he is an excellent scorer but an absolute terrible defender and below average playmaker.  He is really a shooting guard in a pg body.

I think you could follow the Rockets model for building around Harden a bit with Kyrie. Get another guard that can defend, play off-ball, and initiate next to him. I'm too far ahead of myself though, I highly doubt the Hawks make a move for Kyrie. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Diesel said:

We don't have enough capital to get him.  Cleveland wants Melo and Zingas from NY for Kyrie.

Dennis and Collins is not enough and at the same time is too much. 

Lol cavs front office is as dumb as the Knicks front office if they believe melo and Porzingis can be had just for kyrie only.

....I like kyrie and he's an excellent scorer but ain't no way in hell even the mindless Knicks front office makes that trade.

• Like 2

Kyrie is due just under 19 million next year and Dennis with Baze will be at 36 million. Don't think it would be so simple as to throw the kitchen sink at a deal for him which is good protection for us. Dennis himself will be making a little more than 3 million shy of Kyrie. Seems like it would be Dennis and returning the Cavs first and maybe the Wolves first could make it happen. Always have to wonder how many games do we actually get him on the floor though between injury and the opportunity to bolt.

• Like 1