• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dynamic/Exciting 2 Words to describe our Hawks

sillent

I think we will be one of the most exciting teams in the league this up and coming season!! I think alot of people see our youth but have failed to recognize the quickness and athleticism that our youth posses. I believe we will be a dynamic run and gun team that keeps a quick pace and when slowed to a half court game will keep the ball moving. With our hustle and grit we will surprise alot of teams and win more games than expected. I don't see us tanking at all only developing young stars/vets while using our advantages (quickness/athleticism/ball movement). Can't wait for the season and for the naysayers to be in shock and aww as we wow the crowd on a nightly basis(win or lose) and bring the highlight factory back!!!

Dennis (quick,grit/heart,relentless)

Bazemore (see above with athleticism)

Prince (see above, quick hands,good defender)

Bembry (see above and all can put up nice offensive games at any point and time) 

Collins (great hands, great athlete, smart offensive player, good rebounder)

Dedmon ( Runs the floor well for size, shot blocker, interior precense)

Delaney (will/should look more like Jamal Crawford for us this year)

Plumlee ( can make some exciting athletic plays from time to time)

Muscala, Illyasova, Brussino, Belinelli, (all have decent size on them and can shoot as well as do other intangibles like playing versatile positions)

Newly aquired Babbit (see directly above except for versatile positions although he could surprise)

It's a common thread with most of our team this year and if we were to set an identity this year I think it will be Run, Gun and Bust(shots)

I still think we will get between 38-41 wins this year (which to some I maybe high balling it) but I would not be surprised if I low balled it

I'm sure Bud is licking his chops like a true coach with a good project and looking forward to making this team look more in the mold of the 60 win team

(I will be highly surprised if we do that but if we gel early 45-50 wouldn't be so surprising).

"Loveable losers" is the best you can hope for.  I'm 40 years old with 3 kids ranging from 3rd to 9th grade I no longer have the attention span to survive the josh Childress era again.

i hate to say it but I'll next see the Hawks during the lotto show.

• Like 4

I still think 35 wins is their ceiling, and that's if they surprise people. I'm guessing right about 30 wins (27-to-32). I agree it'll be exciting at times and I still plan on attending a few games, same as every year.

On 8/4/2017 at 6:06 PM, sillent said:

I think we will be one of the most exciting teams in the league this up and coming season!! I think alot of people see our youth but have failed to recognize the quickness and athleticism that our youth posses. I believe we will be a dynamic run and gun team that keeps a quick pace and when slowed to a half court game will keep the ball moving. With our hustle and grit we will surprise alot of teams and win more games than expected. I don't see us tanking at all only developing young stars/vets while using our advantages (quickness/athleticism/ball movement). Can't wait for the season and for the naysayers to be in shock and aww as we wow the crowd on a nightly basis(win or lose) and bring the highlight factory back!!!

Dennis (quick,grit/heart,relentless)

Bazemore (see above with athleticism)

Prince (see above, quick hands,good defender)

Bembry (see above and all can put up nice offensive games at any point and time) 

Collins (great hands, great athlete, smart offensive player, good rebounder)

Dedmon ( Runs the floor well for size, shot blocker, interior precense)

Delaney (will/should look more like Jamal Crawford for us this year)

Plumlee ( can make some exciting athletic plays from time to time)

Muscala, Illyasova, Brussino, Belinelli, (all have decent size on them and can shoot as well as do other intangibles like playing versatile positions)

Newly aquired Babbit (see directly above except for versatile positions although he could surprise)

It's a common thread with most of our team this year and if we were to set an identity this year I think it will be Run, Gun and Bust(shots)

I still think we will get between 38-41 wins this year (which to some I maybe high balling it) but I would not be surprised if I low balled it

I'm sure Bud is licking his chops like a true coach with a good project and looking forward to making this team look more in the mold of the 60 win team

(I will be highly surprised if we do that but if we gel early 45-50 wouldn't be so surprising).

It's almost like you're trying to convince yourself of this. If Bud went .500 with this team, you give him the Coach of the Year.  Just to give you perspective on this, which team is better?

2017 Hawks

PG - Schröder / Delaney

G - Baze / Belinelli

F - Prince / Bembry

PF - Ilyasova / Collins

C - Dedmon / Muscala

2014 Hawks

PG - Teague /  Mack

G - Korver / Lou Williams

F - Carroll 

PF - Millsap / Scott

C - Antic / Brand

You need A LOT of things to go right for the 2017 team, just to get to the 2014 team's level.  One of them is Dennis turning into a borderline All-Star ( which I'm placing a bet that he can ).  The other is seeing two out of these four players playing well above their deals ( Prince, Collins, Bembry, Dedmon )

You're banking on Bud figuring something out with that 2017 team, much like Spolestra did with his rag tag team of misfits in Miami.  It took him literally 1/2 of the season, but they did figure it out.  But even with that team, it was how to play team defense that they figured out.  They finished 5th in defense last season.  The 2014 Hawks were 14th in defense.

So when I look at that 2017 Hawk roster, they're going to have to win games on the defensive end.  

- Can Schröder live up to his "Rondo" comparisons, and start playing defense like him?  So far, he's not even close.

- Can Prince become Demarre Carroll 2.0?

- Can Bembry get enough time in the rotation to become our perimeter defensive stopper, much in the mold of Thabo Sefolosha?

- Can Collins use his athletic ability, and translate that into becoming a better defensive player?

- Can Dedmon duplicate what he did with the Spurs, and do that with more minutes?

Preferably, if Bud is going to win, that will have to be your starting lineup.  Can't throw one of those "shooters" into the lineup, because it will disrupt the potential defensive chemistry.

But we're not going to outshoot anybody and win games, without also playing defense.

• Like 1

I'm 34 and have been watching this team since Dominique. I remember the the Mookie Blaylock, Steve Smith, Christain Latener(forgot how to spell), Alan Henderson, Dikembe Mutombo eras and I watched the entire 13 win season with the Josh's and company. I remember the Willie Burton's, Ed Gray's, Priest Lauderdale's, Dion Glovers, DeMarr Johnson's and beyond. 

I am a bit of a homer but I also understand basketball. Alot of the teams we've had under produced like last years or the Josh Smith, Childress, Marvin, Joe Johnson, Horford, Jamal Crawford squads or worst the Jason Terry, Stephen Jackson, Glen Robinson, Shareef, Ratliff squads.

Teams like our 2014-2015 squad before the allstar break or the Mookie, Smith, Mutombo squads over produced for what was expected. I believe our currently constructed squad will be more in this category and should get even better(obviously) from this year on out. No youth just knowledge and acknowledgement. Sprinkled of course with some optimism lol but for good reason.

Edited by sillent
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, sillent said:

I'm 34 and have been watching this team since Dominique. I remember the the Mookie Blaylock, Steve Smith, Christain Latener(forgot how to spell), Alan Henderson, Dikembe Mutombo eras and I watched the entire 13 win season with the Josh's and company. I remember the Willie Burton's, Ed Gray's, Priest Lauderdale's, Dion Glovers, DeMarr Johnson's and beyond. 

I am a bit of a homer but I also understand basketball. Alot of the teams we've had under produced like last years or the Josh Smith, Childress, Marvin, Joe Johnson, Horford, Jamal Crawford squads or worst the Jason Terry, Stephen Jackson, Glen Robinson, Shareef, Ratliff squads.

Teams like our 2014-2015 squad before the allstar break or the Mookie, Smith, Mutombo squads over produced for what was expected. I believe our currently constructed squad will be more in this category and should get even better(obviously) from this year on out. No youth just knowledge and acknowledgement. Sprinkled of course with some optimism lol but for good reason.

I'm glad somebody's optimistic about the upcoming season. I've been around since the 90's and have seen the extreme highs(60 wins) and extreme lows(13 wins). I'd rank this team somewhere between the 13 win team and the 38 win team when Bud first got here. I'm not necessarily "pro tank", but I see very little value in barely scraping into the Playoffs next season.

• Like 2