• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lonzo Ball tells NBA 2K they'll 'lose a customer' if they don't change graphic of John Collins dunking over Brandon Ingram

pimp

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/page/170812QTP_Ball2Kratings/atlanta-hawks-rookie-posts-picture-dunking-brandon-ingram-nba-2k-lonzo-ball-happy-it

Lonzo Ball tells NBA 2K they'll 'lose a customer' if they don't change graphic of John Collins dunking over Brandon Ingram

•  

As Joel Embiid showed us recently, NBA 2K can often be a sensitive subject with players.

Add Lonzo Ball to the list of players chiming in, but this time he's trying to stick up for a teammate who doesn't look so hot in the video game.

When John Collins, a rookie with the Atlanta Hawks, found out that he'll be a 73 this season, he shared an NBA 2K graphic of himself dunking over Lakers forward Brandon Ingram.

full story here
http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/story/_/page/170812QTP_Ball2Kratings/atlanta-hawks-rookie-posts-picture-dunking-brandon-ingram-nba-2k-lonzo-ball-happy-it

13 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Pefectly played by both Lonzo and John.

Had Schröder said that if the Ingram over Collins dunk was shown first, we would be giving Schröder props for sticking up for his teammate.

The one thing about Ball on social media, is that he doesn't take himself too seriously.  And I'm glad that Collins has the proper sense of humor as well.

Except that Dennis already is a proven NBA player, starter and now the face of our franchise while Lonzo didn't even play a minute of NBA basketball yet and a lot of his fame is based on loudmouth LaVar

Edited by rd79

14 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

That's probably the highest rated rookie we've ever had on 2k. Dennis was in the 60s and Taurean was a 70. I can't remember what Horford was.

This year's NBA 2k ratings are inflated compared to previous years in my opinion. Lonzo Ball and Markelle Fultz are both 80s, which is the highest a rookie has gotten since like 2011 or something.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bankingitbig said:

This year's NBA 2k ratings are inflated compared to previous years in my opinion. Lonzo Ball and Markelle Fultz are both 80s, which is the highest a rookie has gotten since like 2011 or something.

As longtime NBA 2k gamer I fully agree. I'm surprised by some of the ratings that 2k is giving out this year! Normally they are a lot more harsh and accurate in my opinion but these ratings really has me curious on what they are going to give Dennis 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rd79 said:

Except that Dennis already is a proven NBA player, starter and now the face of our franchise while Lonzo didn't even play a minute of NBA basketball yet and a lot of his fame is based on loudmouth LaVar

His fame is based on the fact that he was a high school phenom in California, and was the leader of a UCLA squad that improved their win total by 16 games and won over 30 games for the 1st time in 10 years.  Lonzo was a top 5 pick long before his dad started popping off at the mouth.

9 hours ago, Bankingitbig said:

Definitely inflated, no rookie should be an 80 overall. Maybe only LeBron, but he couldn't shoot. Usually the max rookies are 77ish. I think they inflated them a bit last year too. I'm fine with them raising the rankings as they prove it on the court, but there's no reason to set them that high because if they're trash they'll be reluctant to lower them. It's easier to start low and raise them. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

73 is way too low for Collins.

I fully expect Collins to compete for rookie of the year if not given the Bud treatment. Hopefully he earns 20-25 minutes a game I suspect coming off the bench first. If he shows out like I expect his rating will go up when they release the first dynamic rating update. The first thing to rise will be his mid range shot and post control and scoring. I suspect his dunking rating will be on point, Brandon Ingram can attest to that. 

• Like 3

On 8/13/2017 at 7:08 PM, ATLien_ said:

That's probably the highest rated rookie we've ever had on 2k. Dennis was in the 60s and Taurean was a 70. I can't remember what Horford was.

Now I'm intrigued. I wonder what past draft picks of ours would've gotten. Would Adam Keefe or Dermarr Johnson scored a negative ratings?

• Premium Member
On 8/13/2017 at 3:09 PM, capstone21 said:

Just silly like how they are all overreacting to their ratings

This generation is social media addicted.  Therefore, the ratings on a game means a whole lot to them.  Prolly more than actually being good.  I.e. they want to be good so that they can get a higher rating on the game... That's different from Jordan and Kobe who just wanted to be the BEST Period.

We are seeing the effects of stopping competitiveness at an early age... and everybody gets to play stuff. Jordan getting cut from the team forged him into a heartless killer on the court.   Nowadays...everybody makes the team.  Everybody gets to play.. so Competitiveness is found only in a few arenas (game ratings).  Guys are not even competitive about making it into the league.  It's sad.

The old school part of me applaud Ball's father for trying to instill a killer instinct in his sons.  Otherwise, they would be soft as charmin. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

This generation is social media addicted.  Therefore, the ratings on a game means a whole lot to them.  Prolly more than actually being good.  I.e. they want to be good so that they can get a higher rating on the game... That's different from Jordan and Kobe who just wanted to be the BEST Period.

We are seeing the effects of stopping competitiveness at an early age... and everybody gets to play stuff. Jordan getting cut from the team forged him into a heartless killer on the court.   Nowadays...everybody makes the team.  Everybody gets to play.. so Competitiveness is found only in a few arenas (game ratings).  Guys are not even competitive about making it into the league.  It's sad.

The old school part of me applaud Ball's father for trying to instill a killer instinct in his sons.  Otherwise, they would be soft as charmin. 

Everybody gets a trophy ::rolling eyes::