• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some info on Marvin Bagley

aali34

On 8/15/2017 at 4:28 PM, Lurker said:

I don't understand why big man prospects continue to go to Duke. Coach K is a disaster with developing big man prospects.

I'm honestly not sure either, Duke and Arizona both get a lot of bigs that just don't really develop much during their college tenures. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/15/2017 at 5:28 PM, Lurker said:

I don't understand why big man prospects continue to go to Duke. Coach K is a disaster with developing big man prospects.

He has done a pretty good job of it historically speaking. Most of his recent bigs were severely flawed and haven't stayed all that long. Bagley is the best talent to ever come to Duke. Better than Grant. Better than Kyrie. Better than Christian. He's a once in a lifetime talent. I do wonder about his measurables at the NBA. He has a mid-frame similar to Bosh. He's very springy but he this lighting bolt athletically. His length for his size is good but not elite. 

His talent is insane. Best talent in this class and it's not close. 

Best Talent- Bagley

Best Tools - Bamba

Best skills- Doncic

Best feel for the game- Doncic

Most potential- Bagley

Best overall package- Ayton. He's elite for tools, has more talent than Bamba, has the most potential outside of Bagley and is skilled. But his motor is what I question. If he can prove at Zona what I know he can do, I would move him to the best prospect. Bamba looked elite during the summer but I am not sold on his HS Sr year tape. But if he dominates Texas, it's impossible to pass on him for Atlanta. His measurables are freak level, his IQ is Hawks/Spurs like, he has a bag of skills and his potential would match if he dominates at UT. But I want to see him at UT. I haven't seen a big who hasn't underachieve at Texas in the last four seasons. 

I like Doncic but I don't see what @KB21 sees, I don't see the elite potential. I see an offensive stud but I don't see this super dominate NBA player but his PG skills is very intriguing.  But the NBA is a body league. Giannis had the body. Michael Jordan had the body. LeBron had the body. You gotta have the body. The body is critical. My only question with Bagley is he has a HOF body but does he have the body. I don't see it but his potential is better than anyone I seen at his age for a 4. No one is like him. His feet laterally are like a guard. He was locking down JaVale McGee. That's pretty hard to do at 17. He just has the feel for the game that Bamba and Ayton are still developing and Doncic has. 

What exactly is Bagley?...is he strictly just a pf or c ? Or can he play the 3 if need be?

im only asking because I kinda feel like the hawks need a perimeter potential star player more so than one in the post. However I would like the athleticism of Collins and Bagley (if we could draft him) around the paint.

• Premium Member
On 8/16/2017 at 6:09 PM, Flight said:

I'm honestly not sure either, Duke and Arizona both get a lot of bigs that just don't really develop much during their college tenures. 

Before we go to far bashing Duke... Which I'm not opposed to doing...

Ferry, Laettner, Brand, Landlord, Plumlees, Parks, McRoberts, and Okafor are all standing up resenting your bashing of Dooke..

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, CP61 said:

His grandfather was a two time allstar for the Hawks in 1969 and 1970. It'd be cool if he played here too. I feel like he's destined for Phoenix though. He could be the hometown hero for them.

I think we should send the grandfather storyline to Adam Silver and maybe he would let us have Bagley and let Phoenix have porter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DBac said:

Only problem with Bagley is him and Collins is an undersized front court long term. Especially when you're gonna need a rim protector to deal with Simmons, Giannis, etc.

The problem with Bagley is that he is a much more hyped version of John Collins, so basically you would have two of the same type of player in the post, though I think Collins has more ability to expand his range on his jumper than Bagley does.

41 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The problem with Bagley is that he is a much more hyped version of John Collins, so basically you would have two of the same type of player in the post, though I think Collins has more ability to expand his range on his jumper than Bagley does.

Completely wrong. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, KB21 said:

I disagree. Bagley is more athletic, looks better handling the ball, and has an explosive first step. Scouts have been impressed with his jumper in camp so far too. If Collins wasn’t looking good in his own right I’d be banging the table for Bagley right along with Doncic but as of now it’s just a bad fit.

On 10/24/2017 at 4:29 PM, Diesel said:

Before we go to far bashing Duke... Which I'm not opposed to doing...

Ferry, Laettner, Brand, Landlord, Plumlees, Parks, McRoberts, and Okafor are all standing up resenting your bashing of Dooke..

I can give you Ferry, Laetner and Brand but as far as post-Brand bigs they’ve been falling short of the hype the get ever since. Especially in comparison to the other blue bloods that bring in talented bigs (Kentucky being my favorite example)

A Bagley-Collins frontcourt would look really good as far as the future goes. Two incredible athletes with length and high motors? That could cause problems for a lot of teams in the future.

I’d still love Porter or Doncic too though, but as far as fit I’m ranking them as :

1. Porter

2. Bagley

3. Doncic

If Bud stays, I hope he does.  The Hawks need a true center ( I consider JC a 4) with skills (can pass) , score (can shoot 3 and has post moves) and rebound and they need a two guard who can handle the ball and and shoot.  Going off that

The best fit is one of the Centers or Doncic. 

Can Porter Jr play the two and three or is he more of a three and four?

Edited by marco102

8 hours ago, marco102 said:

If Bud stays, I hope he does.  The Hawks need a true center ( I consider JC a 4) with skills (can pass) , score (can shoot 3 and has post moves) and rebound and they need a two guard who can handle the ball and and shoot.  Going off that

The best fit is one of the Centers or Doncic. 

Can Porter Jr play the two and three or is he more of a three and four?

Porter Jr. will ultimately be a stretch four role player.  He's not quick enough to play on the perimeter.