Some info on Marvin Bagley

aali34

Boy those Trex arms are really a problem. I mean damn...what kind of numbers would he be putting up if he had regular arms @KB21

21 minutes ago, Guard said:

I don't think Bagely has sat at all in the second half which is crazy.

He definitely gave that game his all. And that’s what it took. He definitely has a nice it factor. I end up liking him more every time I watch Duke.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CP61 said:

He definitely gave that game his all. And that’s what it took. He definitely has a nice it factor. I end up liking him more every time I watch Duke.

It’s amazing how different you feel about a player when you actually watch them instead of reading all these write ups and opinions. Bagley is the real deal as a player. Should he be the hawks pick? Still not sure bc of the fit between he and Collins but I’m damn near at the point of saying forget all that and just take the best player 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If the Hawks could play Horford and Smith/Millsap together, I don't see why the couldn't play Bagley and Collins together should the Hawks draft Bagley.  From watching Bagley, I was impressed and he still has a lot of room for growth in his game.

I've never seen a player who is this raw on offense put up these kind of numbers. Raw players usually show flashes but aren't this productive. It just doesn't happen which shows how rare Bagely is. 

I think if a team that has good player development drafts him like Atlanta, he's going to be really good. My only concern is how he'd fit with Collins but I'd take him anyway and figure it out later. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Guard said:

I've never seen a player who is this raw on offense put up these kind of numbers. Raw players usually show flashes but aren't this productive. It just doesn't happen which shows how rare Bagely is. 

I think if a team that has good player development drafts him like Atlanta, he's going to be really good. My only concern is how he'd fit with Collins but I'd take him anyway and figure it out later. 

I question more how Dennis fits Bagley than Collins. Pair these two with an elite PnR PG and it is literally pick your poison every possession.

Edited by GameTime

7 hours ago, Flight said:

The more I watch him the more I feel like we need to get him. He’s one of those unicorn type players like Giannis or Anthony Davis. It’s like their potential ceilings are so high it’s hard to pass on. 

He’s gonna have to show me he can shoot better to call him a unicorn. Which is how the term was originally used to describe Porzingis by KD. A 7 footer that has guard skills and can shoot the three.

On 11/28/2017 at 0:12 AM, CP61 said:

He’s gonna have to show me he can shoot better to call him a unicorn. Which is how the term was originally used to describe Porzingis by KD. A 7 footer that has guard skills and can shoot the three.

My comparisons of Gianna’s and Anthony Davis both aren’t amazing shooters lol A unicorn isn’t a term that has one solid definition. It’s just a player with a rare blend of size and abilities. Being an incredible shooter doesn’t have to be one of those abilities when he’s not even out of his teens yet lol. He’s not like Kristaps but Kristaps can’t do all the things Bagley can either.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I'll need to see a lot more of Bagley.  Looks like a good player but not so much mold breaking.  Not every star is a 'unicorn' (which has one defining characteristic:  that there is no one else like him).

42 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'll need to see a lot more of Bagley.  Looks like a good player but not so much mold breaking.  Not every star is a 'unicorn' (which has one defining characteristic:  that there is no one else like him).

His hustle and intangibles are through the roof as is his feel for the game and quickness. Not a single big in the NBA as quick as him, in fact, no one is. He's like Horford but way more talented but not as smart, strong or big. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

the activity and hustle is off the charts. Along with his length and athleticism it’s extremely difficult to deny him in any phase of the game...that’s on the boards, in the paint, off the dribble...he’s just one those guys that’s going to get his. He will continue developing his skills but you don’t find gifted guys like him with that kind of go get it attitude all the time 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, jy23 said:

the activity and hustle is off the charts. Along with his length and athleticism it’s extremely difficult to deny him in any phase of the game...that’s on the boards, in the paint, off the dribble...he’s just one those guys that’s going to get his. He will continue developing his skills but you don’t find gifted guys like him with that kind of go get it attitude all the time 

I wouldnt say he is doing anything unconventional but he is very good at what he is doing.  That isn't a criticism.  Alonzo Mourning didn't break any molds but he was a damn good player.