• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenk making calls to Gauge interest of Bazemore

Blunt91

26 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Ideally moving him for a contract expiring at the end of this season.

I’m probably the only one that believes a contender would take Baze but hey that’s just what I believe. I don’t believe Baze is a bad player by any means I think he was asked to do something by bud and staff (be a playmaker) that just doesn’t fit his style.

Baze is energetic good defender that can be a pest . On offense he can cut and spot up for 3s. If a team needs a backup 2 guard or someone to plug in on semi deep roster he’ll be perfect for that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I think he would be a fine 8th or 9th man in the regular rotation on a contender.

Same here. A team could be getting some real value with him . It’s just his contract that doesn’t match up with what he produces on the court. 

Doesnt mean he’s a bad player as I always tell people. Then again he may be able to live up to his contract in the perfect situation and in the perfect role for his skill set.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Same here. A team could be getting some real value with him . It’s just his contract that doesn’t match up with what he produces on the court. 

Doesnt mean he’s a bad player as I always tell people. Then again he may be able to live up to his contract in the perfect situation and in the perfect role for his skill set.

Agree with everything but the bold.  Only way he lives up to it is taking a significant step forward with his development.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

I know it's a bad contract, but I'm fine keeping Baze if we can bring in a starting SG and bring Baze off the bench. He's still a useful player, and he can contribute more with less usage.

Agreed! I don’t mind him staying around but his line of duties will have to change of course lol

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Our level of need to deal him depends on when we are ready to plunge big into free agency.  Until then, burning years off his contract makes him easier to move and more desirable.

Agree here as well....going to be interesting going forward to see how much Schlenk cares about cap space.

if he cares a lot about it, then we can expect Baze and one of our late first rd draft picks traded away. If he doesn’t too much care about the cap space right now then I expect Baze to remain a hawk for another year or so.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2017 at 3:10 PM, AHF said:

Agree with everything but the bold.  Only way he lives up to it is taking a significant step forward with his development.

Or takes a significant pay cut.