The trade deadline is Here.

Diesel

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

We need to just cut people if we didn't deal them.  If this team moves into the middle of the lottery pick for pride then Bud and Travis have completely failed this franchise this season.

I wish I could like that a thousand times a thousand. If Bud's pride ruins our one chance at a real top talent then he needs to go. You can't have a GM and coach on completely different levels in team direction.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Belli needs to sit for Dorsey the rest of the way too.  

This was pretty much the worst case over the last couple weeks.  We win more games than we should which means the margin we had in the tank race is gone; our rivals shut players down and send them out; and we don't deal anyone in the rotation even though most are expiring deals with quality role players who should make us better than a lot of those rivals for the rest of the season.

Time to bottle up pride and throw it overboard.  Only goals left for this season are developing our rookie contract players and getting the best pick possible.

• Like 4

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

But but but Bud is on board with the tank I was told

You keep pretending like you haven't read my prior posts on this.  Bud has always been on board with this being a losing season and has never been on board with team becoming demoralizingly bad.  I think we have to bail and take that second path now.

• Premium Member
7 minutos atrás, AHF disse:

You keep pretending like you haven't read my prior posts on this.  Bud has always been on board with this being a losing season and has never been on board with team becoming demoralizingly bad.  I think we have to bail and take that second path now.

At the very least, your favorite coach should play Collins and Dorsey over 25 minutes per game.  Totally don't get the Plumlee love!  Y'all keep thinking Bud is this genius coach but I just don't see it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

At the very least, your favorite coach should play Collins and Dorsey over 25 minutes per game.  Totally don't get the Plumlee love!  Y'all keep thinking Bud is this genius coach but I just don't see it.

The best coach in the league is Pops.  Hands down.

I totally agree that Collins needs all the burn he can get and that Dorsey, Prince and Bembry need a ton of minutes as well.  Plumlee is a rich man's Jason Collins.  Landlocked as a threat only right next to the rim and not very good from there.

Also absolutely hating the fact that Cleveland will be so shorthanded against us.  LeBron needs to step up in that one.

No 1st round picks for our players being offered; this was to be expected. I said this earlier, we value our short contracts more than 2nd round picks; it is that simple. The money talked.

We may have been willing to pay for a 1st and traded away a one year deal; but not a 2nd.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

Man, the Hawks can't even tank right!!!!

They still can tank right this year.  Agree with Buzzard that we didn't get offered any good picks but now it is about losing games.  Will we drop the pretense of competing and put our young players in a worse environment (limiting playing time of useful vets)?  If we keep playing our vets and don't buy them out, I think that is asking for trouble.

• Premium Member

Everyone should save some disappointment for tonight when the Hawks blow the Magic out by 30. I get the feeling we should start paying closer attention to guys who will be available in the mid to late Lottery. I'm guessing #8 or lower at this point. It's time to start lowering expectations. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AHF said:

They still can tank right this year.  Agree with Buzzard that we didn't get offered any good picks but now it is about losing games.  Will we drop the pretense of competing and put our young players in a worse environment (limiting playing time of useful vets)?  If we keep playing our vets and don't buy them out, I think that is asking for trouble.

I thought OKC would have been perfect to ship a combo of Belinelli and Dedmon to. Same for including Ersan if he would waive his NT. It really takes a contender to give up a first for short term role players.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A team like the Lakers didn't see enough value in Belli to trade a 2nd and Brewer for him. It is what it is. 

The Lakers were never a good fit except as an expiring salary.  The Lakers really don't care how they finish this season.  They care about their balance sheet and future picks.

A team like NO, Det, OKC, SA, etc. could have been a nice match.

Once again Hawks management comes through as underwelming.Hawks probably offered 10 cents to the dollar for their players simply because many teams are trying toget rid of players thus driving the cost way down.Hawks can't sign significant free agents the only thing they can hope for is a high pick to get a potential superstar.Unfortunately other teams are trying the same thjng so it will be a dog fight for the top picks.

• Like 1