• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Darvin Ham, Nick Nurse, Fizdale, or Stackhouse

NBASupes

Who?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

I'm definitely not a fan of college coaches.  They tend to be wildly overpriced and frequently overmatched when they get to the NBA.  Most elite college coaches are elite more because of their recruiting ability than their X's and O's.  When they can't recruit their roster and are suddenly dealing with adults instead of college kids, they are much less appealing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This is a complete crap shoot. If only we could have had the chance to hire Synder or Atkinson to replace Bud. But no, that would mean the sports gods didn't spend one instance to punish Atlanta sports fans.

If I had to pick someone I would pick Ham based off his previous experience with Hawks U.

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This is a complete crap shoot. If only we could have had the chance to hire Synder or Atkinson to replace Bud. But no, that would mean the sports gods didn't spend one instance to punish Atlanta sports fans.

If I had to pick someone I would pick Ham based off his previous experience with Hawks U.

Frankly I'm of the belief Snyder is a better coach than Bud ever was.

For this, my vote is Fizdale but I don't claim to know all the ins and outs of coaching. I believe there's plenty of coaching talent out there.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, KB21 said:

No one that actually has other options.  This is by far the least attractive job that is available.  You are guaranteed to be fired if you take this job, because you will not be winning anytime soon.

This is why they will get someone who is desperate to coach.  If I were a coach or player no way I would come to Atlanta.  It is blatantly obvious why NO star player wants to come here.   

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Watchman said:

By the way, I voted for Woody but my vote didn't count.  I bet there's a dimpled chad somewhere with Woody's name on it.

Did you maybe click the see results button instead of the vote button after selecting?  

I will join KB with a pitchfork if we hire Woody.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

This is why they will get someone who is desperate to coach.  If I were a coach or player no way I would come to Atlanta.  It is blatantly obvious why NO star player wants to come here.   

Lol. This is the NBA. Trust me. There are players AND coaches who would love to be here..............

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Jarton Collins to interview for HC with Hawks.  Guess some of you were right who said Schlenk would want to bring him in.

I've seen interviews with Collins over the years and he appears to be very well spoken and intelligent. I don't know much about his coaching background, but he seems like the kind of guy that could come in and rally a young team. 

If we cannot get Fizdale, give me Nate Tibbetts. He is in his mid thirties and could be a diamond in the rough. I like the idea of a coach growing up with a team. Auerbach, Jackson, Riley, Pops come to mind. Fizdale is still young enough to do that and Tibbetts definitely is.

Edited by Buzzard

I hope it is not Fizzy.  If he brings that slow me down, boring style of play to Atlanta, they will never fill the seats.  That Memphis team had three all-stars on it.  Can we find a young coach, and give them an opportunity to lead a team.  Let's end the retread of NBA coaches.  Why are these coaches even available?  I hope they choose either an assistant coach whose philosophy is to run & gun or a proven college coach looking to move up the NBA.

28 minutes ago, Jeffery123 said:

I hope it is not Fizzy.  If he brings that slow me down, boring style of play to Atlanta, they will never fill the seats.  That Memphis team had three all-stars on it.  Can we find a young coach, and give them an opportunity to lead a team.  Let's end the retread of NBA coaches.  Why are these coaches even available?  I hope they choose either an assistant coach whose philosophy is to run & gun or a proven college coach looking to move up the NBA.

The pace of the offense is largely dictated by the personnel of the offense, and Memphis has never been a run and gun team with the personnel they have had.  David Fizdale did change that offense from a traditional throw it into the post style to more of a free flowing style that had both bigs, Gasol and Randolph, shooting three point shots.  Fiz does run some 5 out motion offense.  

This is going to be a very young team, and young teams that run and gun make a lot of mistakes.