• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mo Bamba Comparison

Hawk88

Yeah, looking back at it. The warning signs for Wright was too damning. His lack of size and strength. Was only 200 pounds at the combine. But he has been an efficient player at the NBA level as expected but once he put on the weight, he became very unathletic 

You know my Vin Baker comparison wasnt that bad. The obvious gap was Al was much smarter. Better movement player. Much more of a winner. Much higher BBIQ. Much better passer. Much better defender. 

I clearly was judging him from a size, skill, talent stance at the time. I always wondered how I kinda missed on Al. Why I didnt see him being special in college like I did in the pros. 

I really think this is due to not watching enough UF games when he was a prospect. He was superior to what I wrote and thought at the time.

Glad y’all ain’t digging up how wrong I was on Bebè. Man did I miss that one. Gonna be the next Noah, sure Hazer :blink:

• Like 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, hazer said:

Glad y’all ain’t digging up how wrong I was on Bebè. Man did I miss that one. Gonna be the next Noah, sure Hazer :blink:

Hey, at least he's still clinging to a spot in the league somewhere! I was all-in on the man who got us Pick #19, Adreian Payne!

~lw3

• Premium Member

***KIND SIR***

***WONDERFUL PERSON***

***A GENTLEMAN AND A SCHOLAR***

***PONCHO***

***JOHN***

***WE MAKE A FABULOUS PAIR*** 

***MISGUIDED***

:airquote:  I will remember this thread for all the wrong reasons.

Man if we ever look back on some of our past 'proclamations' we'd probably be more wrong than right.  #SquawkOffseason.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, KB21 said:

John Collins was the same age during his sophomore season as Bagley is now, and that's a point those of you who think Bagley is the best prospect of all time want to ignore.  The he's just a freshman crap.  He's older than JJJ.

I fixed that comment for you.

My problem is that you're comparing ages rather than the years of experience. Then you're not even comparing the actual numbers, you're putting up per 40 averages. The fact is Marvin's freshman year was better than John's Sophomore year. If you compare their freshman years Marvin blows him out of the water.

You could say that John was shooting a (slightly) better percentage from the field but it's also because he took ZERO threes. While Bagley shoot 40% from there. He was the ACC Player of the Year for a reason.

I was extremely accurate with Yi. Even down to his rookie numbers. What is funny is B. Wright per 36 numbers is what I thought his real numbers would be as a rookie early June. 

The most injury prone draft prospect since Oden. Everyone who was negative on him called it too. Too weak. 200 pounds and cant bench 185 in the low post will never work no matter how talented he is. Like I said, I learned a lot about scouting from that class alone. I flopped so hard.

I like that my last 6 classes have been pretty stout as far is my results. I missed on some like B. MacLemore and Stauktuas. Hit on a number of guys.

The reason why I have become a lot more successful is I look for a lot more than I did in my early 20s. I also watch a lot more game footage and a lot less highlights. I look for key traits that special players have that translate. This is where I used to fail heavily with PGs that I have improved over the years. I dont evaluate guys I dont watch play much. 

I didnt see Donovan Mitchell coming as I just didnt watch much of his games. So I didnt evaluate. Back in the days. I would have watched a game or two, watched highlights and go from there. I do not do that anymore. That's how you think Acie Law is the next Sam Cassell. 

I dont use stats that much anymore. The biggest mistake is to use stats. This is how you end up seeing Beasley in the top 5, Marvin Williams and JJJ in the top 5. Guys who just aren't that good on tape who look good on paper. 

I just watch a lot more games now and evaluate far less players. 

For example, I didnt watch Wichita State play this year. So guess what, I wont be evaluating Shamet. Now I do evaluate them for 2k draft classes but that's nothing deep. I tend to use stats a little bit more there. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I keep saying this but seriously. Take Bagley and trade up with Memphis and take Bamba. 

Trade Collins for Parsons/#4 

Dennis

Bazemore

Prince

Bagley 

Bamba

I actually don’t mind this. It would be a huge gamble but having both Bagley and Bamba and signing them to same years that expire same time is beneficial for us. Having said that, Collins is a beast and I wouldn’t mind keeping him either.

Reading my hot takes on B Wright. If you ignore the comparisons and potential comparisons, I was dead on to what he was. I just understated what everyone understated st the time. His weight and strength with that extremely narrow frame was food in the NBA. Exodus was a butthole but he was right with this statement. Smoove gets consistently bullied in the post, how can Wright who is 40 pounds lighter do well in the post? He was right at the end of the day. It was as simple as that. His potential was capped before he landed in the association. I have to admit fault. 

10 hours ago, Kimsey said:

I mean you could easily post the State vs Duke game where MB had 4 points and 6 rebounds, and JJJ had 19 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 blocks.

Duke has 4 four 1st rounders, possibly 5 with Grayson Allen in the starting lineup. Bamba wasn't playing with any NBA talent with Texas. I really needed to see both play with good pgs in college.

Bagley only played 10 minutes vs JJJ and Mich St. Only reason he had 4 and 6.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Reading my hot takes on B Wright. If you ignore the comparisons and potential comparisons, I was dead on to what he was.

I just understated what everyone overstated at the time. His weight and strength with that extremely narrow frame was food in the NBA. Exodus was a butthole but he was right with this statement. Smoove gets consistently bullied in the post, how can Wright who is 40 pounds lighter do well in the post? He was right at the end of the day. It was as simple as that. His potential was capped before he landed in the association. I have to admit fault. 

Edited...

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I actually don’t mind this. It would be a huge gamble but having both Bagley and Bamba and signing them to same years that expire same time is beneficial for us. Having said that, Collins is a beast and I wouldn’t mind keeping him either.

It's a great idea but Bamba really is going to have to put on weight. 226. Gobert was too skinny at first and he was 238. Bamba needs at least another 20 pounds. At the least. 

That said, he has one of the highest ceilings in this draft. His length buys him some time for development 

Just now, GThawks3 said:

Bagley only played 10 minutes vs JJJ and Mich St. Only reason he had 4 and 6.

He got his eye poked really bad. The minute Bagley left, Duke looked like a complete different team and not in a good way either.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

It's so fun, the dislike you all had for Smoove his last year in Atlanta was less than how much I couldn't stand him in 2008. 

I was getting pissed at smoove cuz instead of working on his game he was hard at work trying to make his lips connect with his nose...

Fool kept sniffing his own upper lip after every play...combine that with Alice clapping his hands after every play and now u see why I have a weird twitch in my face..

I blame our frontcourt...

For all the shot yall gave me about Wright, I literally admitted I was on Wright hot takes by October before the season started. Yall dog me out for it as if I did not admit to being wrong on him. Even then, I was right about what he was. I was wrong about what he was going to become.

Just now, NBASupes said:

For all the shot yall gave me about Wright, I literally admitted I was on Wright hot takes by October before the season started. Yall dog me out for it as if I did not admit to being wrong on him. Even then, I was right about what he was. I was wrong about what he was going to become.

Wright runs like a deer...

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Wright runs like a deer...

There was a lot to like about Wright but ole boy just didnt have the weight, strength or frame to be a NBA big man. Even his per 36 numbers are impressive and highly efficient