• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do You Hear What I Hear?

hazer

27 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He hasn't produced anything.  Looks at the stats.  Highest BPM among all freshmen in 2017-2018.  Yeah, he hasn't produced anything other than contributing more to the success of his team than another other freshman in the country.  

For all Jazz players who got in 50 or more games, Ekpe Udoh had their best BPM. Better than Rubio, Mitchell, Ingles, Gorbert, Favors, and Crowder. By your way of thinking someone should offer Ekpe a Super Max.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

#1 scenario

Draft Bagley at #3

#2 scenario (If Bagley is gone)

Trade #3 for #6 and ORL pick next year - Draft Trae Young

I get what you want to do and it looks good on paper. I am not sold on Orlando trading away their future picks anymore. And if there future pick is protected, I would want us to say hell know as well.

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I get what you want to do and it looks good on paper. I am not sold on Orlando trading away their future picks anymore. And if there future pick is protected, I would want us to say hell know as well.

I’ve seen a lot of their fans want Doncic so I wonder if they’d give up a pick next year. But you’re right the protection would have to be at worst top 3.

On 6/7/2018 at 9:33 AM, KB21 said:

That will be an issue in Atlanta now that Hawks University is in Milwaukee.  

This is the biggest fear I have. Coach Bud was a damn good coach. One that I having seen in a long time for the Hawks. I became a believer that whomever we draft, Bud was going to get pretty much all he could from them. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dragitoff said:

I said this in another thread when someone (might've been you) brought that point up, but I think Bud gets far too much credit for development of young players despite being one of the most stubborn coached about playing young players.  I definitely get that we were trying to win every season except last season he was here, but there were some vets who were struggling mightily and kids who had shown promise in limited action, yet Bud kept them glued to the bench.  If you are trying to say Hawks nation didn't bemoan some of Bud's rotations during his tenure, you're fooling yourself.  

I think Pierce in Philly developed more talent from the ground up than Bud did in ATL so I'm good with the developmental side of our coaching staff now.  

I hope you are and tend yo agree with you. Bud was def old school 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KB21 said:

Counting stats.  Yawn.

Says the guy who worships BPM. And oh: quack quack.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:27 AM, KB21 said:

I'd be more willing to buy into Bamba if we still had Hawks University.  Unfortunately, because of our owner and GM, Hawks University is now in Milwaukee.  

Unfortunately players like Bamba would not have gained admission into Bud University. He requires prior work experience (ie DeMarre Carroll). Pierce University specializes in younger player development. Go...PU!  :stinker:

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:27 AM, KB21 said:

I'd be more willing to buy into Bamba if we still had Hawks University.  Unfortunately, because of our owner and GM, Hawks University is now in Milwaukee.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, parfait said:

Unfortunately players like Bamba would not have gained admission into Bud University. He requires prior work experience (ie DeMarre Carroll). Pierce University specializes in younger player development. Go...PU!  :stinker:

LOL!  The same Pierce University that broke Markelle Fultz's shot and hasn't developed a shot in Ben Simmons yet?

Then he tried to go back to his original college form during training camp, but he injured his shoulder...Thats why his shot is all jacked up. Stop lying on Coach Pierce...:deke:

• Like 3

On 6/8/2018 at 0:50 PM, NBASupes said:

They aren't the same type of players.

I am not saying they are. I think Collins has a chance to be a better offensive player than Al. Horford is a better defensive player; but in these times of offensive output, one or two good to great defensive players is all you need. Al obviously got more playing time than Collins; yet their rookie per game stats are not that far apart. Collins efficiency is better also.

Hell the Warriors had Curry switching to all five positions and they still played good team defense against the Cavs.

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Coach Pierce isnt the shooting coach in Pierce U anyway...Btw, why couldnt Bud fix Dennis' or Bembry's shot?

Bembry hasn't been healthy enough to prove anything with his shot, but you can pretty much guarantee that it will not be developed now.  

Bud had John Collins shooting corner threes at an acceptable clip, even if it was on a low rate, when John was a complete nonshooter in college.  Bud made Dewayne Dedmon into a three point shooter.  Dedmon took 1 three point shot in his first four years, and he hit 50 of 141 under Bud this past season.  

The next shooter that Lloyd Pierce turns into a three point threat when the player was a complete nonshooter previously will be the first one.

Bud would have tapped into Marvin Bagley's shooting, and I think he's the least likely of the draft's bigs to be a legitimate shooter in the NBA.

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Bembry hasn't been healthy enough to prove anything with his shot, but you can pretty much guarantee that it will not be developed now.  

Bud had John Collins shooting corner threes at an acceptable clip, even if it was on a low rate, when John was a complete nonshooter in college.  Bud made Dewayne Dedmon into a three point shooter.  Dedmon took 1 three point shot in his first four years, and he hit 50 of 141 under Bud this past season.  

The next shooter that Lloyd Pierce turns into a three point threat when the player was a complete nonshooter previously will be the first one.

Bud would have tapped into Marvin Bagley's shooting, and I think he's the least likely of the draft's bigs to be a legitimate shooter in the NBA.

This is why we need to go offensive ready with our first pick in the draft . I’m actually starting to come around and believe pierce probably can succeed on defense but honestly that’s not that impressive to me because it’s much harder to improve offense as a coach than it is defense. 

Defense comes with energy and a willingness first and foremost. Strategy is 2nd.

It’s Time for the hawks to do the right thang and draft a offensive weapon. Phx is trying to trade up to pair Trae Young with Ayton...id love to disrupt that plan and trade down and pick up Trae Young or we just draft porter Jr.

1 hour ago, JTB said:

This is why we need to go offensive ready with our first pick in the draft . I’m actually starting to come around and believe pierce probably can succeed on defense but honestly that’s not that impressive to me because it’s much harder to improve offense as a coach than it is defense. 

Defense comes with energy and a willingness first and foremost. Strategy is 2nd.

It’s Time for the hawks to do the right thang and draft a offensive weapon. Phx is trying to trade up to pair Trae Young with Ayton...id love to disrupt that plan and trade down and pick up Trae Young or we just draft porter Jr.

Why would you want Andrew Wiggins, I mean Porter Jr?  He's nothing more than an overhyped shot chucker who will never be an efficient scorer in the NBA.  He's going to be a stretch four who can't guard that position.