Do You Hear What I Hear?

hazer

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heh, you got stripped of 'likes' due to being too loose with 'em?

I actually did invite him to come over.  Mainly 'cause I wanted revenge for all your years of torment.  Hey, I have a nemesis (well, a few nemesisseses ... nemesi?) on the squawk so I figure everyone else deserves one.

Pssh, and that's short for pshaw, not the mod formally known as.  Brad enjoys RGM because it's an inmate running the asylum, the Squawk has too many voices for someone to enjoy the sound of one hand clapping.  

And if anything, you'd only be shooting yourself in the leg though by adding to your nemeses.  Don't think I haven't noticed you being in his sights over the past week.  Your whole "water off a duck's back" act only serves to enrage him, he's digging up a 4th grade essay that you wrote in Ms. Johnson's homeroom as we speak. 

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is that all that's empty? Mmmmm?

Spud just giving away likes all willy nilly.

smdh  Again, jay?  ... @Gray Mule your grandkids are getting into it again.

2 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Pssh, and that's short for pshaw, not the mod formally known as.  Brad enjoys RGM because it's an inmate running the asylum, the Squawk has too many voices for someone to enjoy the sound of one hand clapping.  

And if anything, you'd only be shooting yourself in the leg though by adding to your nemeses.  Don't think I haven't noticed you being in his sights over the past week.  Your whole "water off a duck's back" act only serves to enrage him, he's digging up a 4th grade essay that you wrote in Ms. Johnson's homeroom as we speak. 

Nah, it's like the whole running from a bear thing.  You don't gotta outrun the bear, all you gotta do is outrun the next dude.  Surely you and like 8 other dudes would blow up at him before I would.

And, make no mistake, after dealing with folks here ol' Brad is child's play.  Heh, plus it ain't like his finger's on the button. :happy:

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is that all that's empty? Mmmmm?

Spud just giving away likes all willy nilly.

I swear they gave me 0 likes...then after several attempts I “liked” one of @kg01‘s posts and it worked and then I tried to like something else and it didn’t ...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah, it's like the whole running from a bear thing.  You don't gotta outrun the bear, all you gotta do is outrun the next dude.  Surely you and like 8 other dudes would blow up at him before I would.

And, make no mistake, after dealing with folks here ol' Brad is child's play.  Heh, plus it ain't like his finger's on the button. :happy:

I don't know, 9 years there, wars with Knicks, Lakers, Raptors, Bulls and Magic fans, shit even a few threatening DMs from Clippers fans after I said "Deandre needs to practice his FTs" and the only warning I've ever received was replying "slurp" once after the 4 millionth "Danny Ainge is the greatest mind in the history of homo sapiens" post on the Hawks board. 

There clearly is a button I never knew even existed :smoke: 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

I don't know, 9 years there, wars with Knicks, Lakers, Raptors, Bulls and Magic fans, shit even a few threatening DMs from Clippers fans after I said "Deandre needs to practice his FTs" and the only warning I've ever received was replying "slurp" once after the 4 millionth "Danny Ainge is the greatest mind in the history of homo sapiens" post on the Hawks board. 

There clearly is a button I never knew even existed :smoke: 

Seeeez fanboy will get you.

• Like 1

Personally, I would love to keep Schröder.. He is a fiery competitor and a proven commodity..I think it would be a huge mistake by Travis to completely destroy the nucleus of this team.. You need guys who have had a taste of winning and been a part of a winning culture..I would like to just continue to add pieces to our already solid group..Schröder, Collins, Prince  and hard working vets like Baze, Dedmon is a solid core.. This definitely doesn't have to be the long rebuild that the media is portraying it to be..We  luckily added All star Caliber talent in last year draft in Collins.. If we nail our pick this year with another future All-star, I see no reason why we can't compete for the 8th spot as soon as next season with the grand opening of newly renovated arena.

• Like 2

I think we keep the 3rd pick regardless I can see a trade of Schröder to Orlando for the 6th pick.. A 24 year old point guard coming of a 19 ppg season should be worth that alone, which could be the logic for working out Young..

Dennis unfortunately has nowhere close to that value. From the sounds of it, the test of the league doesn't think of him as a starting PG. I would say those teams are foolish, but he's still not a valuable asset right now.
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, LastDon said:

Personally, I would love to keep Schröder.. He is a fiery competitor and a proven commodity..I think it would be a huge mistake by Travis to completely destroy the nucleus of this team.. You need guys who have had a taste of winning and been a part of a winning culture..I would like to just continue to add pieces to our already solid group..Schröder, Collins, Prince  and hard working vets like Baze, Dedmon is a solid core.. This definitely doesn't have to be the long rebuild that the media is portraying it to be..We  luckily added All star Caliber talent in last year draft in Collins.. If we nail our pick this year with another future All-star, I see no reason why we can't compete for the 8th spot as soon as next season with the grand opening of newly renovated arena.

Completely agree. Schröder shows up big in big moments. He played really well against Wall in the playoffs almost matched him. He's not afraid of the moment, and I truly believe he wants to be great. I would hate guy give up on him now especially if he has no value as everyone claims. If we could get the 12 pick for him like Teague, maybe I would listen, but I'm done with the Dwight Howard type trades. We need to get better value for our assets and quit selling low on them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LastDon said:

Don't think it'll quite be that quick, but I don't see a reason to dump a 24 year old starting caliber guard for nothing 

right now the best move for the hawks is prob to keep Schröder.  that said, this will definitely be an interesting draft.  Lots of good big men and wings.  probably smart to keep the pg and then load up on the bigs and wings.  you never know who will pan out.

• Like 1

I also don't necessarily think keeping Schröder prevents us from taking Young if that's the guy the Hawks want.  Having two solid PG's is a position of strength that we shouldn't have the luxury of having since we're in a deep rebuild; however, I view it as insurance and trade leverage.  You don't have to keep both, but having both pushes them since they've got someone that could technically replace them.  It worked well for Teague/Schröder and it ultimately got us Prince.  Of course, with an early lottery pick, you want more than that I suppose.  

21 hours ago, Dragitoff said:

I also don't necessarily think keeping Schröder prevents us from taking Young if that's the guy the Hawks want.  Having two solid PG's is a position of strength that we shouldn't have the luxury of having since we're in a deep rebuild; however, I view it as insurance and trade leverage.  You don't have to keep both, but having both pushes them since they've got someone that could technically replace them.  It worked well for Teague/Schröder and it ultimately got us Prince.  Of course, with an early lottery pick, you want more than that I suppose.  

I’d much prefer trading back for Young and then jumping back into top 10 for our 2nd pick. The latter may be impossible, but I’d think it would have to include Dennis and the rest of our picks.

7 hours ago, hazer said:

I’d much prefer trading back for Young and then jumping back into top 10 for our 2nd pick. The latter may be impossible, but I’d think it would have to include Dennis and the rest of our picks.

While I don’t care for young thought this was intresting. 

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/06/scottos-latest-parsons-hawks-t-young-nets.html

take on parsons for the 4 pick toss dennis  and 19 or 30 or the Cleveland pick next year to the griz. Maybe.

17 minutes ago, Royjr9 said:

While I don’t care for young thought this was intresting. 

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/06/scottos-latest-parsons-hawks-t-young-nets.html

take on parsons for the 4 pick toss dennis  and 19 or 30 or the Cleveland pick next year to the griz. Maybe.

If there's any way Memphis deals that 4th pick, I'd be all over taking Parsons' ridiculous contract back in exchange.  Even if that meant we had to send #19 and #30 back to Memphis.  We could snag two potential cornerstone pieces and still make a solid pick at #34.  I think we'd still have some room financially to do another deal like Faried/#14 to get back into the late lottery mix and/or acquire future picks.  Parsons could provide some scoring punch for the second unit if/when he's able to play.  He's a shell of his former self, but can still shoot from deep. 

I think adding Dennis to the deal makes it less appealing since the whole purpose is to save $.  Memphis is going to want to re-sign Tyreke Evans and stay out of the luxury tax.  Depending on what Evans gets, they may have a little room to add another piece if they move Parsons without taking any significant $ back.  

• Like 2